[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Coot

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/12/19 08:15 PM

Nice shots. How is the sim coming along?
Posted By: bisher

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/13/19 03:49 PM

Nice looking bird mdwa, it's been a while since I've flown this aircraft

Coot the sim is slowly coming along. Slowly smile
Posted By: mdwa

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/14/19 03:05 AM

Well, as bisher above mentions the sim is coming along very slowly... some interesting announcements in the latest news (but will I be alive or will the world be in a real war again before I see any of them). The Harrier is very nice, with nice features, and I recommend it. The takeoffs and landings on the LHA are cool, adding an interesting challenge and make you sweat and clench your ring hole! Aerial refueling is #%&*$# hard with that probe way back to the left out of sight!

But it's a very frustrating sim, there are lots of bugs eg crappy ATC, and lately something's changed with the performance of the sim.

Not long ago everything was running smoothly with great graphics and frame rates (see http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...a-and-game-graphics-settings#Post4373724 )

But then they changed something, got rid of 8x MSAA in game, and now none of the antialiasing settings in the Nvidia control panel work anymore (neither override nor enhance) apart from FXAA. Now I have much reduced frame rates and LOTS of shimmering

Furthermore to the reduced frame rates, now I also have a lot of stuttering, especially in multiplayer with the harrier with sudden pauses and frustrate drops to around 20 for a millisecond etc - very annoying.

Tried everything - newest and older Nvidia drivers, CPU affinity, page file, all the AA settings ingame and Nvidia panel (I do have an SSD and 32 G RAM) etc.

Modules are nice, but once you learn them and do the training, do a few online flights what do you do next? Only so much you can do with single missions or a scripted campaign. So would agree at the moment it's a nice cockpit simulator and generator of very nice screenshots and youtube videos, with lots of bugs and frustrating performance.

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/14/19 03:08 AM

Here is one of my "not so good" landings...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/14/19 03:09 AM

And something happened here:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/15/19 04:57 AM

Getting ready to launch:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/15/19 04:58 AM

KC-130 Support tanker launched:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/15/19 05:00 AM

Managed to hook up and receive fuel for the first time (after about 50 attempts to plug in):

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/15/19 07:14 PM

Beautiful shots. Is there much AI traffic?
Posted By: DaBBQ

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/15/19 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by mdwa
And something happened here:

[Linked Image]

An ultra rare picture of an Airman regretting that he should've sign up for the Army.
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/16/19 04:38 PM

It was nap time. Nap time is mandatory for twenty minutes twice every six hours no matter where you are at that moment. That is one of the main reasons the planes have auto pilot installed.

Wheels
Posted By: Blade_Meister

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/17/19 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
It was nap time. Nap time is mandatory for twenty minutes twice every six hours no matter where you are at that moment. That is one of the main reasons the planes have auto pilot installed.

Wheels

Thought that was only for old men like me? hahaha hahaha hahaha

S!Blade<><

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Coot
Beautiful shots. Is there much AI traffic?

Only if it's set up in the mission manually.

Some of the servers it is nice for example the AEF 161 Persian Gulf server has lots of civilian traffic going in and out of Dubai with lots of radio calls if you tune to the right frequency:

Check out this post:
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4454031/some-air-traffic-of-the-gulf#Post4454031

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 03:10 AM

Another flight:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 03:11 AM

Plugging in again:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 03:12 AM

Back on deck, the landings are always a challenge:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 03:39 AM

Really nice shots. They must have done some work on the graphics options or rendering? I remember early shots of this the contrast being way to dark. It still looks a little dark but it looks much better than other pictures. The colors look nicer too.

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Coot
Really nice shots. They must have done some work on the graphics options or rendering? I remember early shots of this the contrast being way to dark. It still looks a little dark but it looks much better than other pictures. The colors look nicer too.

There is a Gamma option in the DCS in game settings - I have mine on 1.8 I think, will check.

Regarding
They must have done some work on the graphics

check this post: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4457220/re-av-8b-na#Post4457220

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 08:01 PM

Oh no, wait just a minute here. I just realized we're all talking about two different things lol. I thought this was that Harrier sim on Steam. I just now realized this was a DCS module as soon as you said there was Gamma options in the DCS game settings. Not only that I only just now see that tell tale DCS grey info box at the bottom of the screen captures. That's my fault and I feel silly. Good thing we aren't communicating something too crucial like a medication refill or nuclear launch codes. Sorry about that mdwa. Regardless it looks like nice. I pretty much know next to nothing now about DCS modules. I played a lot of Lock On which I miss. I get so confused now by their module system. I even have A-10 hard copy but somewhere a long the way it changed over to DCS World and downloading everything digitally then not only that there's the issue of figuring out whether you need and want the modules and therefore whole sim via DCS's site or through Steam.

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/18/19 08:15 PM

Hey Coot, no worries, I have the CAP2 Harrier in dev sim too, it looks promising especially the different theatres/terrains but unfortunately progress seems slow...

You know you can download DCS World for free which includes the free Su-25T and then you can put your A-10 code in from your CD case and you will have the A-10C in DCS World, should try it since it costs you nothing...

PS you made me check CAP2 and seems there's been a recent update with some nice screenshots:

http://devblog.sim155.com/

Hopefully Damson will post some more screens/vids soon...

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/19/19 04:45 AM

Thanks mdwa. I did some years ago download DCS World on Steam and entered my A-10 code there so I guess I'm stuck with Steam as my platform for any future DCS stuff. I also have Blackshark but I must have an earlier version. It was also a hard copy that had a Steam activation but its a separate game listing on my Steam list and not connected to DCS World for some reason.
Posted By: Ratcatcher

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/19/19 05:45 AM

Coot, not sure if you are aware but DCS recently announced the merging of licences from STEAM... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229207

I don't think A10 is available as yet but will be at some point.

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/20/19 02:22 AM

That's interesting, thanks Ratcatcher. Are there any immediate benefits from running the game from DCS's site vs. Steam?
Posted By: bisher

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/20/19 04:16 AM

Good news, I have the steam version of the A10.

Though the A10 is like a high maintenance girlfriend, requiring lots of attention wink

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/20/19 01:31 PM

Sorry, no idea!

Its always been somewhat confusing to me. I once bought a friend a module that was from the DCS site but he had the STEAM install (or vice versa LOL) long story short he couldn't use it as he had it on the other platform. I'm guessing that will no longer be a problem???
Posted By: Vince H

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/25/19 12:49 AM

Oh wow cool! Now I'm gonna ask a DUMB question: What Sim is this?

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/26/19 05:58 PM

It's DCS with the module AV8B N/A by RAZBAM.

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/26/19 11:08 PM

Thanks Ratcatcher! I do have DCS installed just haven't really played it yet. Gonna have to check it out!

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/27/19 08:08 AM

No problem, I really like the module and have been playing it exclusively (though may have to give her a rest when the Tomcat gets released smile ).

As with most early access, a number of features aren't finished but I really enjoy the VSTOL aspect of it, particularly doing landings on a carrier. (usually not pretty but any landing you can walk away from...)

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/30/19 02:32 AM

Landing at a FARP:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/31/19 04:18 AM

Over the Gulf:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 01/31/19 06:36 PM

Once again: Wow!!! lol

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/02/19 07:50 PM

Doing some SEAD:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Map screens and kneeboard:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/02/19 07:55 PM

Tanker support:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/02/19 08:13 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/03/19 02:58 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/03/19 03:06 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/06/19 06:24 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/18/19 06:01 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 02/18/19 08:47 PM

I have got to get that! lol

Re: AV-8B NA - 05/03/19 04:10 PM

Heading towards Iran:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Heading back...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Upwind, just before the break:

[Linked Image]

On deck:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: AV-8B NA - 05/05/19 02:27 PM

Wow! Just wow!

Re: AV-8B NA - 05/05/19 02:46 PM

Thanks Vince!

Here is some good effects on target - budding lasing AFAC in my Harrier for a Hornet driver lobbing GBUs:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: damson

Re: AV-8B NA - 05/09/19 04:48 PM

This bird surely has potential, especialy in night attack role which it was designef for.

There is pretty cool mission you can download from DCS Wordl user downloads section, which I recently played and recorded:

You can get the misison here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302564/

Re: AV-8B NA - 05/18/19 05:56 PM

Thanks Damson - will try it.

Re: AV-8B NA - 05/18/19 05:57 PM

Some training over Nevada:

[Linked Image]

Visor up...

[Linked Image]

Visor down...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: AV-8B NA - 05/20/19 08:17 PM

Visor up and visor down would probably be the extent of my capabilities for quite some time. biggrin

Wheels
© 2024 SimHQ Forums