homepage

Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C

Posted By: Asid

Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/07/14 03:28 AM

Steel Beasts Pro is not all about tanks... Here's some IFV love with the Dogs of War :-*

CV90-40C

Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/08/14 09:18 PM

It has treads and a turret..how is that not a tank? confused

Still, neat shots though!
Posted By: Sim

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/08/14 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: AggressorBLUE

By that logic, BMP is a tank....
Posted By: Smithcorp

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/08/14 09:58 PM

I like the CV90 Asid - cool vehicle. What filters are you using for your screenies? I see your shots over at Grogheads and they all have that distinctive look.
Posted By: AggressorBLUE

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/09/14 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Sim

By that logic, BMP is a tank....

Looks that way to me smile

Listen, I'm an Air guy, so I generally lump all of those into "stuff you should probably shoot at" biggrin
Posted By: marko1231123

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/09/14 09:33 PM

Both are IFV's (infantry fighting vehicles) There job is to get the infantry where there needed and provide some Cover/suppressive fire.
The BMP-1 was the first IFV. in its day it was considered a leap for the transportation of infantry.
BMP-1 has very light armour it would protected it from 7.62 all around fifty cal around the front and HE Type Arty fragments but that's about. Its main gun basically fires RPG's it range and accuracy are poor.
But it did carry a ATGM very useful.

The CV-90/40C Is a very capable IFV much more modern then the BMP-1 its 40mm can chew up early IFV's but its main gun Would not defeat a modern MBT armour. Nor would its armour protect it from a tank round.
Posted By: Splash1

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/09/14 09:55 PM

I like the hovertank in the second shot.
Posted By: Mechanus

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/10/14 12:13 AM

Well it wouldn't be tasked to fight as a tank, rather it would support the tanks. Generally that means it lacks the survivability and the hitting power of a tank. So its armor is thin and its gun quite small compared to contemporary tanks.

Having said that, sometimes the line can seem a bit blurred- the Israeli Merkava IV tank can carry troops, on the other hand, the Russian BMP-3 is heavily armed to sort of have tank like firepower.
Posted By: Ssnake

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/10/14 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: marko1231123
The CV-90/40C Is a very capable IFV much more modern then the BMP-1 its 40mm can chew up early IFV's but its main gun would not defeat a modern MBT armour.

...not frontally, but there's still a decent chance to kill them if you attack from the side at relatively short ranges - especially tanks with internal ammunition stowage. Or to achieve a mobility kill with shots to the engine. If caught frontally, fragmentation rounds in air burst mode may at least damage the sights to buy you some time for immediate, hasty retrograde maneuver.
Of course you are dependent on suitable terrain for this, particularly the forests of Scandinavia, or urban terrain.
Posted By: Ronin_GE

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/10/14 08:07 AM

More important:with their gun and MG they can seperate the enemy MBT from their infantry...under that condition own infantry can make short work of the tanks.

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/10/14 09:16 AM

Definition of a tank according to the kse-treaty (OSCE):
-armoured vehicle with own engine
-at least 16, 5 tons of empty weigth
-360º traversable gun of at least 75mm caliber
-does not have the main purpose of troop transport.

Btw: the merkava has the carry capacity as an emergency solution to evacuate other crews...you cant fit fully equiped grunts in there. So it is purely a tank.
Posted By: Mechanus

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/10/14 05:04 PM

I think the weight criterion probably would eliminate the PT-76, even though it is still used by many countries- particularly serve the formations in poorer developing states or failed states and even equipping some main force units in the DPRK and Vietnam like an MBT.
Posted By: enigma6584

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/10/14 06:03 PM

Nice screenshots!

Re: Steel Beasts Pro CV90-40C - 10/10/14 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Mechanus
I think the weight criterion probably would eliminate the PT-76, even though it is still used by many countries- particularly serve the formations in poorer developing states or failed states and even equipping some main force units in the DPRK and Vietnam like an MBT.
well, seem like the commies found a way to stick a big gun without scratching the OSCE limits.
© 2024 SimHQ Forums