homepage

Best an Orc... or die trying

Posted By: VonBarb.

Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/13/13 10:13 PM

...is what the famous Bard 50 Septims could have called his Life Song if he hadn't so quickly fulfilled the second part of his self-prohpetised destiny because, well, as he should have known, No One Bests an Orc.
Here's a few killcam shots of ill-fated attempts from Skyrim residents to disprove the ageless saying, captured at the very moment they came face to face with the hard reality of things :

Cheers

Nico
Posted By: FrontierProject

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/14/13 03:57 PM

50 Septims , also, some pretty nice shots there.

I'll dig thru my bloated screenshot folder and post a bunch sometime within the next few days.
Posted By: Django333

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/14/13 05:21 PM

What armor mods are those?
Posted By: Coot

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/14/13 10:00 PM

Dang Von that's some deep, descriptive writing there.

Quote:
at the very moment they came face to face with the hard reality of things
biggrin

Nice shots.

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/14/13 11:19 PM

Yes, sorry, I'd been enjoying my coffee more than usual that night...

Originally Posted By: Django333
What armor mods are those?

Just wearing one of the vanilla Dawnguard heavy armor sets from the DLC, with cloak and hood from the "Winter Is Coming" mod and some pouches from the "Bandolier" mod, both avalable at the Nexus. In the first two shots, I'm using a retexture of the Wolf Armor, with some personal customisation on the sleeves.

Stormcloak soldiers use an "open face" mod, from the Nexus as well, and the Imperial soldiers are using armor from an old mod that I can't seem to find anywhere anymore.

Cheers

Nico
Posted By: Kontakt5

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/15/13 12:45 AM

My interest is piqued. Starting to think there maybe something to all this. Does Skyrim feel revolutionary in a sense? It's not just for taking good looking screenshots, right- it must be quite immersive.
Posted By: Hellshade

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/15/13 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Kontakt5
My interest is piqued. Starting to think there maybe something to all this. Does Skyrim feel revolutionary in a sense? It's not just for taking good looking screenshots, right- it must be quite immersive.

It's pretty damn fun and with the PC version there are literally 10's of thousands of mods you can download to change the game or add to it in almost any way imaginable. Here's a video of one of my Archer characters getting into a fight with a random dragon who just happened to fly into my area. He didn't want to stay put and dragged a giant spider, some guards and other stuff into the fight.

Posted By: Bib4Tuna

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/15/13 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Kontakt5
My interest is piqued. Starting to think there maybe something to all this. Does Skyrim feel revolutionary in a sense? It's not just for taking good looking screenshots, right- it must be quite immersible.

I'll just say, if you need a game to guide you and tell you exactly what to do all the time, you may not enjoy this to the full extent. If you like wandering around and doing whatever the hell you please, with minimal guidance, then you can enjoy it to the fullest.

(there are quests and a storyline to follow, but that is just touching the surface of how much immersive and fun it can be).

DISCLAIMER

elvesdragon
Posted By: Coot

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/15/13 02:41 AM

That's something I haven't seen in forever. Dragons picking up other npcs. Doesn't that happen or am I making that up?

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/15/13 07:09 AM

I've seen it happen a few times, but it seemed to be more frequent on release than it is now...

Cheers

Nico
Posted By: Django333

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/15/13 05:26 PM

That 2h sword with the ring on the hilt is really nice too. Is that from Dawnguard as well?

Re: Best an Orc... or die trying - 01/16/13 05:02 PM

Yup, that's from the Dragonbone weapons set that comes with Dawnguard. Adds all weapon types in Dragonbone material.

Cheers

Nico
© 2024 SimHQ Forums