homepage

Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2

Posted By: Polovski

Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/18/12 10:54 PM

Hi guys,

Just in case some are interested we posted a new preview of the development progress of
the next installment of Over Flanders Fields (WW1 sim)

WINGS OVER FLANDERS FIELDS

Discussion http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/89/1/Over_Flanders_Fields.html

Posted By: piper

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/19/12 01:00 AM

You folks do nice work! Cheers.
Posted By: LeemzHQ

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/19/12 01:44 AM

Looks excellent. I played it a few years ago and was very impressed with what was done with that older engine.

Nice work!
Posted By: CA_Stary

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/19/12 10:32 AM

Very nice Pol! Love the new "destroyed" planes models, new Somme terrain and another great score by M.M wave

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/19/12 08:06 PM

Thanks guys. The movie concentrates on environment and some damage only really. We hope to later show other improvements in many areas.

Winding Man raised the terrain quality yet another level - he has more ideas too aaaarrg.
Posted By: Stratos

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/19/12 08:49 PM

The video is pretty cool, shame the game is a NO-GO for me. With my limited time, the lack of proper time advance (as you can't advance time when any kind of enemy is near you) kills the little time I have to play.
Anyway nice video.

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/20/12 01:39 AM

Hi Stratos, you cant use warp, but you can use advance time instead even with enemy near, just increase time 2X,4X, 8X, 16X or decrease time with Ctrl+Shift+E and Ctrl+Shift+R. Of course if enemy attacks and you are still messing around 16X you may well die wink so restraint is needed.

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/20/12 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Polovski
Hi Stratos, you cant use warp, but you can use advance time instead even with enemy near, just increase time 2X,4X, 8X, 16X or decrease time with Ctrl+Shift+E and Ctrl+Shift+R. Of course if enemy attacks and you are still messing around 16X you may well die wink so restraint is needed.

Even with enemies around? And is a autopilot and/or level autopilot available in advance time?c
Posted By: CA_Stary

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/20/12 10:48 AM

as far as I know no autopilot... at least I never was able to turn it on

there's triming instead

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/20/12 03:42 PM

Yes with enemy around you can time accelerate as I explained. As I say if they are close they will attack at accelerated speed too so you will die. Warp is the one you cannot use with enemies around as it brings you out to cope with a possible attack. Accelerated Time does not, and is also variable 2X 4X 8X 16X.

Auto pilot Ctrl+shift+A.

Auto trim Ctrl+A

See FAQ for link to a key chart.

So you have the best of both worlds, but half the fun of combat simming is dogfighting wink so not sure why you want to bypass enemies quickly - but if you do also... in the current OFF, you can even play campaign and tick "Air Start" and be right over your target at the start, thus bypassing the whole flight outwards, avoiding all enemies, flight time, scenery etc wink (with Hat In The Ring). That might suit you, or just jump into Quick combat !
Posted By: Wodin

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/21/12 06:04 PM

OFF P3 is my all time favourite sim. No other matches for atmosphere, well except maybe Falcon games.
WOFF is a definite purchase for me.

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/21/12 06:17 PM

I have OFF with Hat in the Ring expansion, maybe I should try those key combos explained by Polovski.
Also don't take me wrong, but the strong point of OFF resides in the campaign mode, so If I can fly in a accelerated pace will be a nice addition to my sim collection.
Posted By: Uncleal

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/21/12 06:55 PM

There's a method to shorten the amount of time needed you have to hold onto the joystick

The method of actually multiplying your speed, works, however it was never designed to be utilized

Consequently you won't be able to depend on the listed hours

Plus if you get any ERROR Messages, while using the method, you're basically on your own

What puts OFF heads and shoulders above the rest is you're flying museum pieces, and if it happens, it did happen
Posted By: enigma6584

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/21/12 07:09 PM

Beautiful work. Some very cinematic shots there.
Posted By: trindade

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/22/12 12:19 AM

Cool video, pity i really donīt have more time right now! But in the future i'll grab this one for sure!

Cheers thumbsup
Posted By: wheelsup_cavu

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/22/12 03:35 AM

Cool video. smile

Wheels

Re: Wings Over Flanders Fields Preview Movie 2 - 05/23/12 03:31 AM

Thanks guys much appreciated.

BTW Stratos, 1 downer for the accelerated time keys is you cannot remap them to anything else, or that acceleration won't work wink (although you could use a joystick program or other tool to program them in of course)
© 2024 SimHQ Forums