Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#72906 - 04/15/05 07:24 PM WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
Charlie901 Offline
Charlie901  Offline

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I stopped at an Axis port (not my home port), during my current mission, to resupply and repair damage.

While at this port I noticed I had limited options in the commander's room, such as not being able to promote or award medals to my crew.

In addition the mission said "Return to Base".

So after leaving this port I immediately returned home and noticed that a new Patrol was generated on my transit home(?).

Thus, I entered the commander's room, and although I retained the Renown from my previous patrol (one before transit patrol), I lost all credit for promotions and medals earned (in my previous non transit patrol), cause it only showed my transit patrol as my active one (where nothing was sunk and I only returned home).

I this a bug?

Should I be able to promote/award at a resupply stop?

Is there a way to go one Patrol back (non transit Patrol) to be able to award/promote my crew, when at my home port, after stopping previously to resupply?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#72907 - 04/15/05 07:39 PM Re: WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I've docked at non-home ports several times. I've noticed I could not upgrade the sub or choose my torpedo loadout, but renown and awards/promotions worked as normal and were handed out at the non-home base.

If you choose not to award them after any mission they may indeed be lost, whether it was your home port or not.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#72908 - 04/15/05 07:54 PM Re: WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
Charlie901 Offline
Charlie901  Offline

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DBond:
I've docked at non-home ports several times. I've noticed I could not upgrade the sub or choose my torpedo loadout, but renown and awards/promotions worked as normal and were handed out at the non-home base.

If you choose not to award them after any mission they may indeed be lost, whether it was your home port or not.
Hmmmm,

I tried but could definately not give promotions or medals to my crew at the non-home base.

I could only give out 1 special skill, as the promotions and medals were all blank, even though the Patrol Report stated that they earned them?

#72909 - 04/16/05 12:50 PM Re: WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
LukeFF Offline
Veteran
LukeFF  Offline
Veteran

Redlands, California
From the Readme: ;\)

"3.4.6 Patrol Completion
A patrol is considered complete only when you return to your Flotilla base.
You have the possibility to dock at any friendly port during a patrol. This will repair any damage you may have received during the patrol, will automatically ressuply you with fuel and weapons and you will have the possibility to enlist new crew to complete the eventual casualties.
You will not be allowed to upgrade any subsystem or change your u-boat, you will not receive any rewards (medals, promotions or qualifications) and your patrol will not be considered completed."

#72910 - 04/16/05 02:45 PM Re: WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
southernman Offline
southernman  Offline

mobile,al usa
So can someone clear this up finally.

If I run out of torps and want to head to homebase but have a long way to go and the wife is ready to eat dinner, if I "Esc" out and click on "Return to *******" [whatever base is homebase] am I losing something as far as promotion or medals? Does this count as a completed missions or must I actually sail the boat into the harbor to get ALL credit due?

#72911 - 04/16/05 06:32 PM Re: WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Southernman~ If you choose to "Return to base" you will be teleported to your home base. The only thing you lose AFAIK is 100 renown points for not returning to base. Otherwise it should function normally, with medals and promotions working normally.

The question here is what happens when you dock at a base that is not your home base.

FWIW, all you need to do is get close enough to a port to have "Dock at: (port name)" instead of "Return to base" when clicking "exit patrol". That distance is around 20km. If you choose "Dock at" and it's your home base you should get the 100 points for completing the mission.

The post Luke made contradicts my previous post. I am almost positive I was able to hand out medals and qualifications when docking at a non-home base, but perhaps my recollection isn't as clear as I think. Will test it again and see.

#72912 - 04/20/05 09:21 PM Re: WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Checked this out again. Sailed from home base of Wilhelmshaven and docked at Lorient. Upgrades/loadout not accessible, nor is the desk, which is one way to access the personel files.

However the file cabinet/crew in the upper left is accessible and I was able to hand out promotions, medals and qualifications as normal after docking at a base that was not my home base.

#72913 - 04/21/05 01:39 AM Re: WARNING: Resupply and you WILL lose all earned promotions/medals for current mission!  
Charlie901 Offline
Charlie901  Offline

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by DBond:
Checked this out again. Sailed from home base of Wilhelmshaven and docked at Lorient. Upgrades/loadout not accessible, nor is the desk, which is one way to access the personel files.

However the file cabinet/crew in the upper left is accessible and I was able to hand out promotions, medals and qualifications as normal after docking at a base that was not my home base.
Thanks!

This is good news! So even though you can't upgrade, you can promote and award crewmen, via the file cabinet, and your renown carries over to your home port so you can posibly upgrade once there.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.