Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#71748 - 04/08/05 11:08 AM I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

At a time when I should be pertaining to family business and getting back into shape for summer, I can't pull myself away from this game!

Despite the crashes and long load times, I find myself thinking about this game too much for comfort. Dive! Dive! Help! SOS! I'm taking on water and more destroyers are on the horizon!

Any of you other folks having this trouble?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#71749 - 04/08/05 11:25 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
Skii Offline
Skii  Offline

Slough, Berkshire UK
Yep

Since it arrived the missus has had 2 sense-of-humour-failures.

The last one was serious.

#71750 - 04/08/05 11:29 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, thankfully my wife is currently addicted to the Jackson trials and Court TV...so I've got a free 'get outa hot water' card so I can go hunting in mah sub.

#71751 - 04/08/05 12:21 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
SYN_Ricky Offline
SYN_Ricky  Offline

Lausanne, Switzerland
I just had managed to make my girlfriend understand I could be interested in flight sims and wanting to spend one entire evening a week to squad flights....now SHII arrives, and "what? a SUBMARINE simulator?? You must be kidding!!"
I guess it's a bit too much for her :p
Haven't spent much time playing SHIII since I got it, \:\( but I still care more about my "real life" than my virtual Kaleu career \:\)

"True hunting is over, no herds to follow. Without game, men prey on each other" Perry Farrell
#71752 - 04/08/05 02:58 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My wife gets a little testy as well when I spend too much time at the PC. I've got a pretty good feel for how much I can get away with without getting seriously in the doghouse, and baby I have been running right at that limit since SHIII got loaded.

#71753 - 04/08/05 04:46 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

All I know is that I am spending a fortune on Red Bull to stay awake at the office.....these 7 hour hunts are starting to kill me

#71754 - 04/08/05 09:50 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
II./JG1vonPletz Offline
II./JG1vonPletz  Offline

Eastern Front
I have so many things I should be doing that I have removed SH3 from my computer for now. \:\(

It was just taking too much of my time :rolleyes:

It will go back on after I get caught up on all of the various projects I have not finished yet.

You may be only one person in the world,
but you may also be the world to one person.
Tina 1982 - 2005
#71755 - 04/08/05 10:36 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
Ivan Putski Offline
Hotshot
Ivan Putski  Offline
Hotshot

Memphis, Tn. U.S.A.
LOL! Know what you mean, started building a new computer desk before I bought SHIII, well have`nt made much progress on it. The honeydew list is growing by the day, got to catch a catnap every now and then, as I`m up all night playing this sim. Don`t even want to know what the Little Miss thinks about all this. Puts

"Is he?....Yeah....Nothings moving but,his watch"

Ivan
"Half Bader"
Putski
#71756 - 04/09/05 03:38 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
Ming_EAF19 Offline
Babelfish Immune
Ming_EAF19  Offline
Babelfish Immune
Veteran

London
Four o'clock in the morning and I'm back from my eighth patrol. This is getting silly \:\) No I had to thoroughly check motherboard operation and- things

Not only does it not get boring it gets more addictive by the minute is there a therapy room in here lol

Sitting down there finding out how to use the hydrophone and then silently closing in on an unsuspecting merchant ship, disable it from long range just to be safe and then a call to their captain from the megaphone to abandon ship or be fired on. I love the deck gun don't we \:\)

Realism creeping up to 49%, staying out of trouble just nibbling at the edges of Winston's Empire and building building yawohl growing in strength and one day Tommy Atkins we will

Seriously immersive sim this is. Be warned \:\)

Look I've even got favourites among the crew now and I dishonourably discharged a couple of layabout landlerbers. They showed no interest so they had to go and I got a few blokes in with a bit more go about them - all sorts of awards they're winning and there's a promotion in it for the cabin boy if he plays his cards right \:\)

New type of boat and everything for this last patrol, with an aft tube and grill

I'm starting to see mysterious patterns in the mother-of-pearl hydrophone dial... it could be just the light in here down in the dark among the dead men

This music linked to events thing - up periscope and that hunting theme kicks in - never worked so well as in this one. Spine-tingling

Blimey what's BoB going to be like then \:\)

PS where's the height radar please I'm not allowed to use view cheats to see if I'm getting near the bottom and I've only got what looks like one readout of depth-of-keel looks like. Must be some '12ft above flounders' indicator surely. Slight damage to wing mirror.

Ming

'You are either a hater or you are not' Roman Halter
#71757 - 04/09/05 05:51 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
theKhan Offline
resident pacifist (sic)
theKhan  Offline
resident pacifist (sic)

Canada
She rarely sees me. I'm busy with 'studies'.

And I keep uninstalling SHIII every four days cause I have exams coming up. Reinstall everytime when I take a breather. Breather ends up as a whole day and I uninstall it in guilt.

Damn sims...

I used to work for a living, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
#71758 - 04/15/05 10:05 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you kiddin' me? I must wait for my 19 months old daughter to go to bed so I can power up my PC. She has the skill to tear mouse and keybord cables from the case with just on hand and in a split second. Fortunately enough, my wife who usually put her in bed follow the same path after her, so, I have a night long for patroling. The bad news? After 2!!! nights of playing I manage to reach my patrol area (AL36) from Kiel. AND I DIDN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN TRANSIT !!!! After 2 nights in the row NOW I'll start actually playing!!!!

#71759 - 04/15/05 04:44 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Skii:

Since it arrived the missus has had 2 sense-of-humour-failures.

Lol, one of the funniest things I've read. This sim is a bit of a time eater isn't it. I have a 3 week old son (1st kid). So, No the game gets paused, and then shut-down, if need be. Now, if it was just the wife and me, but not over my boy.

#71760 - 04/15/05 06:46 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
bisher Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
bisher  Offline
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran

Manitoba, Canada
...two sense humor-of-humour failures.....good one Skii!! \:D

#71761 - 04/18/05 11:25 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Corto Maltese:
Are you kiddin' me? I must wait for my 19 months old daughter to go to bed so I can power up my PC. She has the skill to tear mouse and keybord cables from the case with just on hand and in a split second. Fortunately enough, my wife who usually put her in bed follow the same path after her, so, I have a night long for patroling. The bad news? After 2!!! nights of playing I manage to reach my patrol area (AL36) from Kiel. AND I DIDN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS IN TRANSIT !!!! After 2 nights in the row NOW I'll start actually playing!!!!
I´ve got a 7 month old daughter who sleeps in the same room as the PC ! Desroyed my concentration no end. Time per week on sim - 2-3 hrs max.

#71762 - 04/19/05 02:35 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
southernman Offline
southernman  Offline

mobile,al usa
First is my morning patrol
Then is my evening patrol
Then crawl into bed at midnight to read
"Pride Runs Deep" (GREAAAAT WW2 Sub book; R. Cameron Cooke author).

SUB OVERLOAD, the wife thinks I've really lost it this time.

#71763 - 04/19/05 02:44 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by southernman:
First is my morning patrol
Then is my evening patrol
Then crawl into bed at midnight to read
"Pride Runs Deep" (GREAAAAT WW2 Sub book; R. Cameron Cooke author).

SUB OVERLOAD, the wife thinks I've really lost it this time.
LOL sounds like me when I don't have collage work to do. \:D

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters
Simulations: Red Baron mega multiplayer, EAW, SDOE, To many to list.
#71764 - 04/19/05 07:10 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
Skii Offline
Skii  Offline

Slough, Berkshire UK
My first SH3 related sickie today.

Damn this game...

#71765 - 04/19/05 07:42 AM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
Damn me and my pledge to drive a Type II after getting my last crew sunk! Only have 5 fish in this dingy for a sub and I just shot 4 at a C2 with 3 hitting and sinking it. I have as yet to get to my patrol area with 1 freaking fish!

I HATE this game!

Can't stop playing the damn thing! \:D

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters
Simulations: Red Baron mega multiplayer, EAW, SDOE, To many to list.
#71766 - 04/19/05 02:16 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah see Wolfar, you've attacked it all wrong! I started in a Type II (well, bar the Academy) and haven't spoilt myself needlessly previously.

It must be weeks since I have bought this game, but I am still only just on a Type VIIB and really enjoying doing it tough. I learnt to really use that Type II to maximum effect.

Ok, one thing you must enjoy about the Type II, the crew management is much much easier than the Type VIIs, I mean, even with the D model you can't be at sea long enough for fatigue to really play a big factor!

Oh, and as for the missus... well I am Air Force, and she has known almost nothing but (young bride). After 10 years, we have an understanding that many men would kill for. I asked her to watch Das Boot the other night.... not only did she, but she loved it. All hail me!

#71767 - 04/19/05 02:20 PM Re: I addicted to this game and it's ruining my life!  
NC_Creeper Offline
NC_Creeper  Offline

Lincolnton, NC, USA
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...

Actually, as much as I really enjoy this game, I don't get to play it as much as I'd like given other priorities in my life like, family, work, etc. I have lost some sleep over it but fortunately have not neglected time at my job, and with my wife and 4 kids. My 8 yr old actually gets to play it more than I do.

AMD 2500, ABIT NF7 mobo, 1024MB PC3200 DDR RAM, 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro (Cat 5.13 w/radlinker) WinXP SP2, Thrustmaster Fox 2 Pro joystick, Logitech MOMO FF wheel, Hauppauge PVR-150, TrackIR 3 Pro.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.