Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#708512 - 07/16/01 12:37 AM what's your take?  
Duchess Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Duchess  Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')

Ontariariooo
Hello all, just wanted some opinions from you guys.

Since the game started, I've been playing exclusively axis. The lure of playing the underdog always gets to me
Some of the axis players seem to be slightly too immature, complaining about chars and such, I really wouldn't mind switching to the allied side. Added to that, there seem to be more players on the axis side. As well as the fact that the axis have better weaponry. I'm sure the allied side has it's problems too

anyway, what's your take on the whole side thing? Who's worth playing for?

------------------
A site for those of us who fight from chairs \:\)
and home of the sitzkrieg current events forum.

The Sitzkrieg

pctom@techie.com

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#708513 - 07/16/01 01:58 AM Re: what's your take?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey I play allied only and it is very unorganized right now hope it gets better.

I play as inf sometimes hard to find rides

Scott

#708514 - 07/16/01 02:37 AM Re: what's your take?  
REB63 Offline
REB63  Offline

Republic of Texas
I play Axis only.I think that once the real war starts,a man should pick a side,and stick with it,until the war is over.
Then maybe switch sides for the next war,and get a different perspective.

#708515 - 07/16/01 03:08 AM Re: what's your take?  
Duchess Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Duchess  Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')

Ontariariooo
yeah, i hear you on that one. I've never played allied as offline or online.

------------------

The Sitzkrieg

pctom@techie.com

#708516 - 07/16/01 04:02 AM Re: what's your take?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'm playing allied only. I LOVE A13s and french rifle

also, i noticed that allied side is a mess. not many people trying to organise.

screen name tex0

P.S. Can't wait to play Eastern Front.

#708517 - 07/16/01 05:19 AM Re: what's your take?  
Duchess Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')
Duchess  Offline
(Formerly Joe Stallin')

Ontariariooo
Eastern front will be very nice.
If they can substitute that tall grass for sunflowers, and add some weather effects like snow, it'll be awesome.

------------------

The Sitzkrieg

pctom@techie.com

#708518 - 07/16/01 08:07 AM Re: what's your take?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I only play allied. Pretty unorganized and they have their share of immature players. Never played the axis and probably never will.

Still lots of fun and when the war starts it will force a certain amount of organization.

#708519 - 07/16/01 08:20 AM Re: what's your take?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, my squadron and the people we coordinate with know a little something about coordination. There are at least 7 squadrons I know of that meet at one time and coordinate. We launched an attack against the southern half of Bertrix (a while ago) and took it. We provided air cover, and they sent in the tanks, inf. Was really cool, smash hit for us.

We wont see coordination until 10 bucks sets in and people realize if they want to enjoy and have fun they gotta coordinate.

2 bad the allies lack in some ways, lot of them are learning. Axis feel they need to rush because if they dont they get thrown back to german, which leads 2 better coordination.

SW
http://www.vfa25.com

#708520 - 07/16/01 09:01 AM Re: what's your take?  
Tomcat84 Offline
Tomcat84  Offline

Currently, i dont know

I play(ed) both

Yesterday i was german, had lots of fun with an 88, was fortunate enough to have a dedicated HT driver...

think i brewed 4 chars and 3 a13s...

also came back as a PZ III later...

smoked two of two A13s i saw, or three, and met a char, i shot his radiator, started smoking, he stopped moving, i sprayed MG all over his turret and his main gun, and fired on it, but he just turns that turret, and starts shooting me, and i keep shooting that main gu, (if i were allied and Axis tried thqat on my char id always lose my main gun), but not him

anyway, it was still cool that i got him in the radiator, cuz i dont think hed go anywhere after that

Intel Core i5-4660K @ 4.3 ghz
8 GB (2 x 4GB) DDR 3
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC
#708521 - 07/16/01 01:44 PM Re: what's your take?  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Unfortunately, we'll always come across immature and childish gamers on the internet. It is true that the Chars are heavily favored in this game but that's only because the supply system and supply rules have yet to be implemented. Once that's done, there will be far less Chars on the battlefield at one time.

This kind of bickering with inequality and "unbalanced" weapons goes on in almost every online game out there.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#708522 - 07/16/01 07:28 PM Re: what's your take?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are both quite fun to play, for me. But I'd like to point out that I didn't really see an increase in orginization with the Axis, except there are many more Squads playing for the Axis. Once we get the mission system in it will all be good.

#708523 - 07/17/01 05:41 PM Re: what's your take?  
Hurc Offline
Hurc  Offline

Both sides can be enjoyable and both can be frustrating to play for. I've played a bit of both and there are newbees on each side.

The Germans have the 88s to counter Chars if they can get players to drive halftracks. The Allies have the A13s to make quick strikes.

I think the inf on both sides will be more usefull when grenades get in the game.

Once in awhile somebody comes along and organizes the rable. This is good to see.

One of the frustrating things is seeing a town get re-captured after all your hard work because nobody stuck around to hold onto it.

------------------
Steve "Hurc" Crane
Rough Raiders

ps. And what's with the industrial strength chain-link fence at the Army Bases?

[This message has been edited by Hurc (edited 07-17-2001).]

#708524 - 07/18/01 12:29 PM Re: what's your take?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

They herded everyone in to 1 server last night I guess to get a feel for where they stood on the 1 world thing. Never saw more than maybe 2100. Many people reported CTDs or CTHLs... even people that never had them before.

Inside the gameworld it was a pretty confused mess. The game is going to need some pretty serious communications overhaul if it's going to be organized with thousands of people in it. That is of course if we ever see thousands on one server.

#708525 - 07/18/01 03:17 PM Re: what's your take?  
castiglione Offline
castiglione  Offline

Houston, Texas, United States ...
I think part of the reason they made it so that the default "setting" on the radio is so that you communicate only with people at the base where you originated is that eventually, IF they do succeed in making it a one-world show, the radio buffer could get swamped pretty darn fast.

------------------
"...you must remember that one day that Russian pilot was the baby son of a beautiful Russian girl. He has his right to life and love the same as we do."

-Gerd Barkhorn

"Hello! How are you gentlemen?

You have no chance to survive, make your time!"
#708526 - 07/18/01 06:07 PM Re: what's your take?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I couldn't believe that they thought about color coded text and desided against the idea. Why they wouldn't make offical channels for General, Infantry, Tanks etc ... I'll never understand.
I totally agree it is something that news to be addressed pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bigglesworth:
They herded everyone in to 1 server last night I guess to get a feel for where they stood on the 1 world thing. Never saw more than maybe 2100. Many people reported CTDs or CTHLs... even people that never had them before.

Inside the gameworld it was a pretty confused mess. The game is going to need some pretty serious communications overhaul if it's going to be organized with thousands of people in it. That is of course if we ever see thousands on one server.

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.