Quote:
Originally posted by Cas141:
I did a fresh install of RB. I loaded CM 11 and then WFP and it all works now... Why won't they release the code, it's not as if they were going to use it.?
Glad to hear it, Cas141. Yes, I agree that the readme assumes that you already an old hand at RB patch installation. 2 1/2 years ago I was posting just such inquiring messages as you are now. When you learn the ropes, you realize that Pat gave you complete, but pithy, instructions

The most common mistake players make with WFP is failing to check the "Copy Files Based on Date" box in CM Preferences. Without that, CM can't swap the WFP files when you set the mission date. And then there is the little dance you have to do to start a campaign before the stock game will let you.

Everyone is pessimistic now on whether the RB3D code will ever see the light of day. Vivendi, I think, bought Sierra Designs, and Sierra has now been dissolved. It is questionable whether at this point the Vivendi people even know where the code is, or care. I think that RB3D will remain a precious, though flawed, gem.

As ever,
Birdbrain