Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#691452 - 03/24/03 07:26 AM Re: i can't see why...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol. the handle actually came about whilst playing hundreds of hours online at novalogic in 1999, early on in the piece, when i couldnt figure out how to eade missiles, and i became a victim of some sneaky infra red targetting gun kills...you know the type, one minute you're flying along scoping the targets, the next its...."what the?!...."

and your toast...

i went and had a look at the add on man...and yes, it is impressive...so now im enthused and tweaking to get this looking right...

to tell you the truth, i bought the game for my son- who is going through a ww1 phase...so that's why i was a bit disappointed- for him, not me really...

apparently i dont need to be disappointed for anyone?...

thanks heaps!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#691453 - 03/25/03 11:56 PM Re: i can't see why...  
PatWilson Offline
PatWilson  Offline

usually centered in somebody e...
There are currently 2 active (HA and WFP) and 2 in progress (FCJ and ROTJ III) patches for RB. As far as skins go, the skins in HA are about at the level of WFP version 2. WFP version 3 is a pretty nice leap forward.

Kesslers upcoming FCJ stuff is yet another quantum leap in graphics quality. A quick look at his screen shots shows what can be done with RB. Way beyond anything the community is going to get out of me and my $50 copy of PSP \:\) .

HA is a great patch for those who want to get into RB again (or for the first time) and for those who don't feel like dealing with CM. It is derived from the stock game and does not do date swapping, so it is easy to use. WFP requires the user to become familiar with the Campaign Manager program, as it changes the aircraft in a given slot over time. It takes a couple of hours to get the hang of it. For your pain and suffering you get about 80 different aircraft plus some abut 15 sub-types, as opposed to the 38 that are in the stock game.

So alot depends on what you find most interesting in a WWI flight sim. Kessler's FCJ will have the best graphics, but it isn't here just yet. HA is here now, has decent graphics, and is easy to use. WFP has the most planes and improved skins, but takes a bit more care and feeding.

The lucky man is the man who leaves as little to chance as possible.
#691454 - 03/26/03 01:54 AM Re: i can't see why...  
Birdbrain Offline
Birdbrain  Offline

Tallahassee, Florida
S! What_the?!,
I'm truly sorry if anything I said gave offense. When you didn't reply after a few days, I think some of us wondered whether you were serious. I hope you will come to enjoy the game as much as we do! See you in the skies!

As ever,
Birdbrain
#691455 - 03/28/03 02:15 AM Re: i can't see why...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys...im not really that offended..ive been around long enough...i understand..

my issue is right now that ive got this running ok..alot better than before..on winxp as well... ive got no sound, and i also diont see those terrain textures that i see in the screenies.

ive got the hells angels patch installed only, although im using glidos, and the open glide thingy/...

ill do a search for the sound issue- i recall it is in here somewhere.. to tell you the truth i havent had much time lately to thoroughly thrash out the issues.

thanks for the help though!!

#691456 - 03/28/03 04:11 PM Re: i can't see why...  
Wolfar Offline
Wolfar  Offline

Buckeye, AZ
what_the?!

Over the past few days I have sorted out my RB2 3d issues.

I was one of the original RB2'ers. I formed JG2 that is still around today with Razman in charge. I also BETA tested for Dynamix RB2 3d then I beta tested mega multi player for them.

I flew RB2 for about 2 years then moved on. I ONLY just recently took a peek back in here and said WOW I have to get back into this.

I have been flying IL2 FB, CFS3, IL2, SDOE, Falcon 4, Strike Fighters project 1. As you can see I have been going from sim to sim looking for the right feel.

After reloading RB2 3d and fixing my sound issues to which I will explain how I did that. In your main RB2 folder / data there is a file called rbprefs Kess told me to start the game set my prefs then alt tab out and make it read only. Well that did not fix it. I edited that file so that it is BLANK nothing in it then saved it and made it read only. This makes you have to reset your graphics setting EACH time you start but its better than having to delete the file on every startup. There is a simalir file in the multiplayer section.

As far as the add on goes at http://www.jamrom.com/hellsangels/downloads.htm

You have to make sure you read and do this as stated there. " * note - if installing any of the above scenery, install the scenery patch first then Hell's Angels!"

Now its a little vauge on where to put that file. It goes in. C:\SIERRA\RedBaron3D\Data\3dpatch

Needless to say I will soon be DUMPING ALL of my other flight sims and going back to RB2 FULL TIME!

The HELLS ANGLES add on just wet my appatite for what Kess is going to give us. The terrain that HELLS ANGELS add on uses is from Kess so I wanted a tast.

I flew a qwick mission last night me in a Alb DII agenst a DH-4..... I was SHOCKED to see my cockpit catch fire..... I then went to outside view and was further shocked to see the greasy black fire trail going on behind me. ACK! My OIL line had been hit and cause a fire! That thing was supposed to be easy prey! HAR HAR!

PS I have already paid for "Full Canvas Jacket". I will be forming sqaudron action shortly after its realise. ;\)

Salute
Wolfar

Salute!
Wolfar

20 Year US Navy Retired

Former Squadron CO and founder:
1997~2003
JG2, JG26, Strike Masters
Simulations: Red Baron mega multiplayer, EAW, SDOE, To many to list.
#691457 - 03/28/03 06:29 PM Re: i can't see why...  
LE Heureux Offline
Red Baron ESC 124
LE Heureux  Offline
Red Baron ESC 124

NE Colorado USA
Welcome back Wolfar. S!
Hex

Au revoir en l'air...S!
Hex
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
April 8th Solar Eclipse
by NoFlyBoy. 03/03/24 11:40 PM
SimHQ TS down?
by Bohemond. 03/03/24 04:55 PM
'Shogun'; anybody?
by BD-123. 03/02/24 11:18 AM
Fighter ace causes of death
by PanzerMeyer. 02/27/24 06:46 PM
HMS Northumberland
by RedOneAlpha. 02/26/24 09:01 AM
Eagle Cams
by NoFlyBoy. 02/25/24 07:20 PM
For us old farts
by oldgrognard. 02/25/24 02:03 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.