Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#689440 - 10/12/02 08:26 PM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


The original cd quality version of the 17 hours piece at 44Hz wav is huge! your best bet is that if you have some sort of audio editing software see if it will let you resample the wav to 44Hz/16 bit depth then it should burn to CD fine.

OH, ill have to look into recommended distances, will probably have a premodified object.dat file in the RB vol file for the next revision.

[This message has been edited by Kess (edited 10-12-2002).]

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#689441 - 10/13/02 01:47 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by Kess:
The original cd quality version of the 17 hours piece at 44Hz wav is huge! your best bet is that if you have some sort of audio editing software see if it will let you resample the wav to 44Hz/16 bit depth then it should burn to CD fine.

OH, ill have to look into recommended distances, will probably have a premodified object.dat file in the RB vol file for the next revision.

[This message has been edited by Kess (edited 10-12-2002).]


Probably get drop outs if you do......Going lower is easy, going higher stinks.

#689442 - 10/13/02 03:33 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


ive not really experienced that (probably more apt with a bad recording to begin with) i would think the song would fair well, ill check it out on my system. the sound patch in the all seasons patch is full of all sorts of samples at all types of sample rates, bit depths, and channels... whatever worked best for what i needed.

#689443 - 10/13/02 04:51 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Well just did a trial run using soundforge and it sounded fine.

#689444 - 10/13/02 04:55 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by Kess:
Well just did a trial run using soundforge and it sounded fine.


Is Soundforge what you use to make the RB Menu music? I've tried Sound Recorder & a few other aps, and the music won't play!


#689445 - 10/13/02 04:57 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by Kess:
OH, ill have to look into recommended distances, will probably have a premodified object.dat file in the RB vol file for the next revision.


What data files are in LowRezVol?

#689446 - 10/13/02 06:20 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 655
Nift Offline
Member
Nift  Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 655
Duluth, GA, USA
Three Chears for VonHelton and his efforts to combine these 2 awesome products.

Keep at it, please.

Thanks.

------------------
"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
-- Blaise Pascal

"If you try to idiot-proof a society, you get a society full of idiots."
-- Winston Churchill?


"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
-- Blaise Pascal

"He who sacrifices freedom for security is neither free nor secure."
-- Ben Franklin

"If you try to idiot-proof a society, you get a society full of idiots."
-- Winston Churchill?
#689447 - 10/13/02 06:32 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Naw james,
i used cakewalk pro for its midi capabilities, i used sample cd's of various classical instrument combo's, violins, oboe's, bass, viola's, things like that along with classical percussion instruments multitracked onto cakewalk tracks. since im a guitarist and cant really play a lick of keyboards (unless you count the three chords to bill withers "lean on me i am able to knock out bits and pieces of melodies that i hear in my head then go in on a midi track and physically edit the parts and clean up the mess but i do use soundforge quite a bit for my sound effect editing.

Quote:
Originally posted by VonHelton:
Is Soundforge what you use to make the RB Menu music? I've tried Sound Recorder & a few other aps, and the music won't play!




#689448 - 10/13/02 06:35 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


sound effects, plane shapes, skins, buildings, most anything thats 2d and 3d compatible. 3d will look in it and ddraw draws its info from it... oh, it also has all the ddraw terrains.


Quote:
Originally posted by VonHelton:
What data files are in LowRezVol?


#689449 - 10/13/02 10:50 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,485
Winding Man Offline
Member
Winding Man  Offline
Member

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,485
Jhb, South Africa
Kess - thanks for the tip - I'll try it with a copy of Cool Edit that I am getting next week.

Keep up the wonderful work - I am looking forward to hearing more of your music in the sim - as said that is one helluva moving piece of music: "17Hours" - Hats off.

WM


OBD Software
#689450 - 10/19/02 11:19 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


Mirror sites are posted on PL for those that are still in need of the patch.

#689451 - 10/20/02 10:24 PM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Flybert Offline
WingWalkers Staff
Flybert  Offline
WingWalkers Staff
Junior Member

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
California
Guys , you can probably remove or rename PL's lowres.vol from your data directory and have *compatability* with ROTJ , and still have PL's terrains ..

just a guess

*unfortunately* lowres.vol is an undocumented .vol file that take precidence over rb.vol , rbmulti.vol and I think even rbshell.vol .. meaning the game looks to lowres.vol first , and if it finds the file name there , it won't look in the other ,vol files ..

The *problem* we have is that rb.vol is virtually impossible to recompress in it's entirety , or it comes out 4 times it's expected size .. this may be because of the rather unusual pbmp compression that was used for the textures in rb.vol (rbshell.vol and rbmulti.vol).

Hoping to work this out with others soon, however compressing files into .vol files is definitely the *wave* of the future for SP and MP RBII/3D mods ...

#689452 - 10/21/02 12:34 AM Re: Available now at the Promised Land...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered


No you cant, it starts all new problems along with losing the PL soundpack.

Just a FYI.

Quote:
Originally posted by Flybert:
Guys , you can probably remove or rename PL's lowres.vol from your data directory and have *compatability* with ROTJ , and still have PL's terrains ..

just a guess

*unfortunately* lowres.vol is an undocumented .vol file that take precidence over rb.vol , rbmulti.vol and I think even rbshell.vol .. meaning the game looks to lowres.vol first , and if it finds the file name there , it won't look in the other ,vol files ..

The *problem* we have is that rb.vol is virtually impossible to recompress in it's entirety , or it comes out 4 times it's expected size .. this may be because of the rather unusual pbmp compression that was used for the textures in rb.vol (rbshell.vol and rbmulti.vol).

Hoping to work this out with others soon, however compressing files into .vol files is definitely the *wave* of the future for SP and MP RBII/3D mods ...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
HMS Northumberland
by RedOneAlpha. 02/26/24 09:01 AM
Eagle Cams
by NoFlyBoy. 02/25/24 07:20 PM
For us old farts
by oldgrognard. 02/25/24 02:03 PM
Forty Four Years Ago....
by F4UDash4. 02/23/24 02:40 AM
Live Moon Landing: NOW
by F4UDash4. 02/22/24 10:46 PM
Excalibur
by PanzerMeyer. 02/22/24 07:29 PM
SimHQ Formula 1 Fantasy League
by DBond. 02/21/24 05:48 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0