Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#680660 - 07/12/01 11:25 AM Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all,

I don't know if such an update is in the making, but I would like to see it fix a big annoying feature of SDOE : the names for the German units...

I am fed up of the stupid JG400, JG1 "Udet" etc. unit names.

Give us : JG 26 and JG2 for Dover terrain, JG1 (never called Udet as far as I know, Oesau ould be more to the point) for Rhineland, JG51 and JG54 for Russian front, JG27 and JG77 for Africa and Italy... PLEASE !

I would like also to have a "French" Yak to have a Normandie-Niemen campaign alongside Russians Comrades.

On the other hand a French Navy lancaster is completely useless : they just did not fly in WW2...

------------------
NN Tym
Normandie-Niemen

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#680661 - 07/12/01 03:56 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Tym,

Re: Yak - we don't do planes, we just do the countries. You can find a guy like Argon I'm sure who will make a duplicate to fly as French, but there is a movement away from this because you don't need it. Give your Yak a french skin, make a mission and assign it a french squad, and you achieve the same result and save a meg of HD space.

Re: Squads - We are falling dangerously behind schedule again, so there won't be time to make new German squads, but I will see what I can do about removing the names on ones currently there. If it can be done without corrupting all missions made with those squads to date, I will do it.

Re: French Lanc - Again we didn't do that. I think it is going to be phased out in the next plane pack release, along with the french hurri, p47 and p39, leaving only the D.520

WM

------------------
Visit Abbeville Field Today!

#680662 - 07/12/01 05:41 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
Hehehe hey the French Lanc isnt totally useless!!! It gives me something to shoot down when flying over France...

Yes most of the duplicate planes are being phased out... They didnt have to be in the PP in the first place really. I just whooped them out so we could have something to fly for these countries until the real stuff came out (Which will STILL be a long ways away. Can you believe we STILL dont have a single complete Italian plane?? And only ONE real French plane??)

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#680663 - 07/12/01 05:44 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Werner Molders:
Hi Tym,

Re: Yak - we don't do planes, we just do the countries. You can find a guy like Argon I'm sure who will make a duplicate to fly as French, but there is a movement away from this because you don't need it. Give your Yak a french skin, make a mission and assign it a french squad, and you achieve the same result and save a meg of HD space.

Okay, I fully understand that plane Sets and Nation Pack are two different things. Still they should work quite together.

By the way, what does it take to make another nationality for the same plane ? Is there any way to share most of the files ?

I do need two Yaks : one for the Soviets, one for the French. Having the same skin for both just does not do the trick...

Quote:
Re: Squads - We are falling dangerously behind schedule again, so there won't be time to make new German squads, but I will see what I can do about removing the names on ones currently there. If it can be done without corrupting all missions made with those squads to date, I will do it.
I fear that replacing squads will wreck havoc in all the missions that were already done...

The best thing to do would be to add those new squads.

Quote:
Re: French Lanc - Again we didn't do that. I think it is going to be phased out in the next plane pack release, along with the french hurri, p47 and p39, leaving only the D.520
WM

Roger that.

------------------
NN Tym
Normandie-Niemen

#680664 - 07/12/01 06:03 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Each plane can only have one national affiliation. It would be easier to download Ground Crew, one of Pachy's excellent NN Yak skins, install and choose it before the mission and fly under France. This way you can always pick and choose between skins ans not fill up your HD with duplicate planes...unless you have space to burn.

#680665 - 07/12/01 06:09 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tym - Do you fly offline only? If so then its no big deal, I'm sure you could ask for a duplicate Yak. I don't know how to do it, but I hear its relatively easy to do. If you fly online... then everyone you fly with will need the duplicate, so you'll probably be limited to your squad and anyone else you can convince to install it because as stated above duplicates are on the way out of the plane pack.

Regarding squads - hey, if they bug you a lot, would you be willing to do the work to make the new ones? Find a squad picture, logo (colour) and description for each and mail them to me, zipped. For idea on length of text and rough dimensions of the images, check out the squadrons section off the main screen in the game.

Werner

------------------

#680666 - 07/12/01 06:24 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  
Pachy Offline
Pachy  Offline

France
Quote:
Each plane can only have one national affiliation

That's a very unfortunate limitation of OpenPlane. Most planes in SDOE's current plane set were used by 2 or 3 different countries. Maybe the patch guys could do something about this... also adding the possibility to have a skin for each national affiliation.

#680667 - 07/12/01 06:28 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

well...NN, u can always make ur own squadrons to help with the Nations V3 work..im not sure how to, otherwise i'd be doing my part...it there is a page anywhere that explains the process i'm sure i could get a few done

#680668 - 07/12/01 07:39 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Tym - Do you fly offline only? If so then its no big deal, I'm sure you could ask for a duplicate Yak. I don't know how to do it, but I hear its relatively easy to do. If you fly online... then everyone you fly with will need the duplicate, so you'll probably be limited to your squad and anyone else you can convince to install it because as stated above duplicates are on the way out of the plane pack.
Somehow, I prefer to have all duplicates removed. It's more logical... But the Pachy solution (allowing multiple skin for one plane would be enough somehow) would be much better.

Quote:
Regarding squads - hey, if they bug you a lot, would you be willing to do the work to make the new ones? Find a squad picture, logo (colour) and description for each and mail them to me, zipped. For idea on length of text and rough dimensions of the images, check out the squadrons section off the main screen in the game.

Werner

Okay, I shall try to make JG51 for a start...

------------------
NN Tym
Normandie-Niemen

[This message has been edited by NN Tym (edited 07-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by NN Tym (edited 07-12-2001).]

#680669 - 07/12/01 09:20 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by UgoDrago:
Each plane can only have one national affiliation. It would be easier to download Ground Crew, one of Pachy's excellent NN Yak skins, install and choose it before the mission and fly under France. This way you can always pick and choose between skins ans not fill up your HD with duplicate planes...unless you have space to burn.

Again, WHERE CAN GROUND CREW BE FOUND!!! ARRRGGGGHHH!!!!

Dub

#680670 - 07/12/01 09:21 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have done two picture :

insignia (220*170 ?)

Photograph (300*220 ?)

And I prepared this text :

Werner Mölders was one of the most outstanding fighter pilot of all time. He set his mark on the newborn Luftwaffe in an incredible manner. His experience, gained in Spain, was invaluable in giving the Luftwaffe fighters a tactical edge upon its opponents for half duration of the conflict at least.
He also shaped the JG51 into an elite unit that flew on most of the major front of the Blitzgrieg. They fought over Poland, France and the Channel. His care for his pilots gained him the nickname of Vati (daddy) from them. Unfortunately Werner Mölders died in an aerial accident in 1941, the He111 he was a passenger in crashed during a stormy night. At this very moment, JG51 was heavily engaged on the Eastern front.
JG51 was then named after Mölders, it became, along with the famous JG54, one the most efficient outfit flying on the Russian front. Their Bf109 and later FW190 proved incredibly successful against the unit of the VVS. The very name of Mölders instilled fear and respect into the harts of even the most daring Russian pilots. They maintained a very high standard until the very last days of the war.

So what should I do now ?

#680671 - 07/12/01 09:27 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excellent first choice there Tym.

Do the same for any other squad you want in the game, and I'll compile the data while I'm doing the same for Poniat and semmern. *cough* *cough* Guys? Because I am going to have your files soon, right?

Werner

------------------

#680672 - 07/12/01 09:50 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  
Pachy Offline
Pachy  Offline

France
Quote:
His experience, gained in Spain, was invaluable in giving the Luftwaffe fighters a tactical edge upon its opponents for half duration of the conflict at least

Except, of course, during the month of June 1940, since he was shot down by a pilot of the GC II/7 on june 5th and stayed as a POW until the armistice. But hey, they were only 15 Bf109E1s with the top scoring Luftwaffe ace at their head, versus 8 pilots who had converted to the D.520 one week before!

#680673 - 07/12/01 10:10 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Werner

------------------

#680674 - 07/12/01 11:00 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Excellent first choice there Tym.

Do the same for any other squad you want in the game, and I'll compile the data while I'm doing the same for Poniat and semmern. *cough* *cough* Guys? Because I am going to have your files soon, right?

Werner

Where should I send the files ?

------------------
NN Tym
Normandie-Niemen

#680675 - 07/12/01 11:09 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My email's available at my website.

Werner

------------------

#680676 - 07/12/01 11:14 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
My email's available at my website.

Werner

can't access to your website

------------------
NN Tym
Normandie-Niemen

#680677 - 07/13/01 10:37 AM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

NN Tym,

Being part of the Nations Team and having done a fair bit of GUI work myself, I just wanted to drop in and say that your work above is first rate.

It is both inovative and stylish.

Well done mate.

Cheers,

AGAS 5

#680678 - 07/13/01 10:46 AM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just noticed the ? next to the pic sizes.

Yes the insignia is 220 x 170.

I haven't got an unbig'd pic available of a Sqn available to check - Werner can you help out here ?

Cheers,

AGAS 5

#680679 - 07/13/01 12:36 PM Re: Nation V3.0 request...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay,

As I cannot reach the Abbeville field, I decided to place the download link here (822ko)...

http://gc3.normandie.niemen.free.fr/fichiers/sdoe/luftwaffe_jg.zip

I have portrayed the following Geschwader : JG2 Richtofen, JG26 Schlageter, JG27 Afrika, JG53 PikAs and JG54 Grünherz.

Texts are in English and French, they need translation in German and Italian...

Any comments welcome.

------------------
NN Tym
Normandie-Niemen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.