pharoah1, if you decide to stick with PSF, you may want to check out the Manuals and Command Keyboard Reference in my post... http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=59;t=000305#000000
The Hornet 3.0 Command Keyboard Reference is slightly different in a couple of view commands (i.e. some external stores shots replaced with object cycling); otherwise, it matches PSF and is a must have!
But one VERY important key-in which is not mentioned is Ctrl 4 (probably not included with Hornet 3.0). From the Korea Manual...
The virtual cockpit has basically two padlock modes you can use. Wingman padlock and missile, target and zone padlock. The padlock view will center the object of interest in the center of the virtual cockpit view and will track that object as it moves. The padlock view can be "re-centered" to a forward view at anytime by pressing 4. A second press of 4 will resume the last padlock mode that was used. Press Shift 4, to padlock your wingman.
Pressing Ctrl 4, will padlock the first of:
- The closet inbound missile
- The current locked radar/FLIR target
- The aircraft closet to the center of the view that is within visual range (5 NM).
Here is another reason (maybe the most important) that PSF is my favorite. It's very "comfortable" to me, especially with a Wingman Digital 3D Pro.
I've listed many of my reasons for PSF being the most comfortable flight sim to me here... http://www.insidemacgames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19335
- SA/Padlock View is a toggle (Padlock / front view) allowing you to keep track of your target and where you are headed with a single key. Also, you can use Shift and Ctrl while pressing your JS button (assigned the 4 key) for more padlock features.
- JS hat panning overrides padlock.
- HUD and MFDs follow view during padlock (unrealistic but necessary, IMO).
- HUD Only View keeps HUD visible and the same size while removing everything else for a nice full-screen HUD view.