Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#678432 - 01/06/03 07:58 AM any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi guys, im keen on hooking up for some online play if any of you are...it seems that this sim is dead...?

i had to buy a voodoo 5 card in order to play the darn thing properly, as my gef4 ti4600 doesnt render it correctly.....hows that!?

any advice regarding this would be appreciated though, as it'd be nice to not have to switch pc's in order to [play it....sigh.

------------------
you know that the gear is up and locked when it takes full burner to taxi to the hangar

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#678433 - 01/07/03 04:14 AM Re: any active pilots for this game?  
Mr B Offline
Mr B  Offline

I would go online, but I don't have voice comms.

I don't think there is any way to get the sim to look nice with your gef4. HK (not sure about PSF) only works with OpenGL and Voodoo, which as far as I know aren't supported by your card. It's a pain in the a**, I know (I use a TNT2).

Cheers

Mr B

#678434 - 01/07/03 05:12 AM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

OpenGL is supported by my card/....only i cant get it to look right ..there's no probs in opengl for any other opengl game....

its driving (driven) me crazy.

------------------
you know that the gear is up and locked when it takes full burner to taxi to the hangar

#678435 - 01/07/03 11:44 AM Re: any active pilots for this game?  
stans Offline
stans  Offline

Virginia, USA
Is there a setting in the preferences that switches the game from D3D to Glide? Remember, this game was originally published as Hornet Korea in 1997, Precision Strike Fighters did not upgrade the graphics, but supposedly allowed the game to look as good in D3D as it did in Glide and changed the theater of operations to the Middle East.

When you know as much as I do, you become a danger to yourself. - Stans, 2006
#678436 - 01/07/03 09:12 PM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure what you mean...this game doesnt offer D3D.

I appreciate the effort, but im an experienced gamer, made 400 posts under another name in SimHQ, before the password glitch...ive asked everybody, including the vcard manufacturer and xicat....

------------------

#678437 - 01/08/03 11:25 AM Re: any active pilots for this game?  
Obelix Offline
Obelix  Offline

On a similar note: I have the older (GraphSim) version of the game (3dfx only). I used to have a Voodoo card, but I've since moved up to a GF4. Has anybody ever tried to run the older version with a 3dfx wrapper on a GF card?

- Obelix

Iwan "Obelix" Setyawan
#678438 - 01/08/03 10:06 PM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

as i said, i tried everything.

name the wrapper- i bet i tried it...

------------------

#678439 - 01/08/03 10:06 PM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

as i said, i tried everything.

name the wrapper- i bet i tried it...

------------------

#678440 - 01/09/03 12:02 AM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can run HK nicely on my old P166 with a voodoo1. On my new machine I have the "Korea Gold Demo" and my Ge-Force 4 ti4600 renders it beautifully....wierd.

I thought about picking up PSF but I think I'll wait for "Target Korea" and see what that's all about (if it even happens).

#678441 - 01/09/03 01:12 AM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

is target korea the new graphsim f18 game?....i've been wondering about this for a while... they said it would be released last december, i sent them a few emails, they said they'd let me know after the E3 gaming convention in early december.

do you think ive had a reply?....nope. so i sent them another "please advise" email. no reply.

do we have an screenshots or anything at all about this sim?

i think im going to download the HK demo and see if that renders ok...yes, it is interesting....

whats also interesting is that m new pc doesnt render janes f15 correctly either..i got the voodoo 5 to play both f18 psf and jf15....

another mystery to me....

------------------

#678442 - 01/09/03 12:50 PM Re: any active pilots for this game?  
Obelix Offline
Obelix  Offline

Target Korea? Isn't that the Korean War (1950's) sim from Targetware or something? I think there's even a special forum for that here.

Regarding Korea Gold, I think it's released under the PSF guise.

- Obelix

Iwan "Obelix" Setyawan
#678443 - 01/09/03 02:54 PM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry guys, I meant "Target Iraq". What_the?!, I ran JF-15 on my new system using that d3d patch that was out for people wanting to fly it using geforce cards and the like... If memory serves, you could run it at a higher screen res in D3D.

I think if you snarf around on the various sim sites, you'll find it. Maybe try frugals or fast jet flight sims.

#678444 - 01/09/03 09:07 PM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

im not aware of the d3d patch allowing higher res...

believe me when i say....sigh...ive tried it all!...

i even tried several video cards and every driver set that went with them, and i tried win98se, winme, win2k and xp...

the video cards i tried were radeon 8500, gef4 ti4400, gef3 ti200 and now the gef4 ti4600.

the best card was the radeon, but i had an unsolvable direct x lock in both that and janes f18. i cantacted everyone about that too!...ATI, rage3d, microsoft...you name it, i posted ....there were several others that had this problem with that very card and these games.

i dont know if the new cat drivers have fixed this...but i dont have the radeon anymore so it doesnt matter.

PS iwas able to find a korea gold download for windows...i havent installed and played it yet, but i have a feeling that it is only 3dfx. It is a separate beast to PSF.

------------------

[This message has been edited by what_the?! (edited 01-09-2003).]

#678445 - 01/10/03 12:33 AM Re: any active pilots for this game?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmmm, the demo I have on my new system can't be 3dfx only 'cause I don't have a 3dfx card in it. It looks quite nice, too with beautiful sunset effects and pretty good looking water. A definite improvement over HK in that regard but that's about it. lol

An online friend of mine who has had every incarnation of Hornet ever made says they toned down the nice "fire in the sky" type of sun effects for PSF vs the demo. \:\/

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.