Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#661262 - 02/28/01 04:20 PM Re: Has anyone heard anything about Flashpoint?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally I think you guys are rediculous to be flaming Flashpoint: 1985 already. This looks like a fun and immersive game - WTF is the problem? No it's not a definitive simulation of the M-1, Hind, or any of the other vehicles, nor does it claim to be.

Unless it ends up having some unforeseen problem I'll buy it. I already enjoy RS and Counter-Strike a great deal; I 'm sure I'll have a great time with this one.

#661263 - 03/09/01 02:12 PM Re: Has anyone heard anything about Flashpoint?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote from http://www.gamestreet.infront.co.uk preview
"Tension created by the ambient sound effects really completes the game. From the distant barking of dogs, to the chirping of grasshoppers and birds, it all feels so real. When you hear the ominous sound of squeaking tank tracks you know it's in your interest to hide. Quick. This brings us to the Artificial Intelligence utilised by both Computer controlled enemies and your squad mates. It behaves uncannily like a human. In fact we've seen Counter Strike players who can't play as cohesively and as intelligently as this AI. It even makes Unreal Tournament's AI look pretty basic and un-natural. Soldiers hide and try to move around your flanks, and yet they don't have stupidly accurate aim or the uncanny ability to know exactly where everyone is at all times. Great news, as we don't like bots that cheat".
quote from me
"THIS GAME WIPES THE FLOOR WITH EVERYTHING IN SITE INCLUDING SOME SO-CALLED FLIGHT SIMS"

------------------
Mike"Nufsed"Collins
M.D. Sierra Hotel Ltd
LAN centre

#661264 - 03/09/01 03:32 PM Re: Has anyone heard anything about Flashpoint?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

And here is what I say in OFP defense,
"I don't give s*^t how many buttons there are that represent the real thing or whether it flies like the real thing...I WANT IMERSION..I want to jump when some b*$&$d shoots me in the back, I want to sweat when Im hiding the trees, I want trees and forests to hide in, their are only a couple of sims to my mind that give you a fair degree of imersion and acuracy and they are Falcon4 and the soon to be released IL2 from Madox games and Rogue Spear, these games imersed you in their world...to certain degree...but believe me you've seen nothing like OFP..this is the game where you have to think like a soldier if you want to survive, the AI is superb as are the graphics it's not like being there, you ARE there..I have every sim and FPS that has ever been released ( it's my job) and this game WIPES the floor with all of them "period"...so there..

------------------
Mike"Nufsed"Collins
M.D. Sierra Hotel Ltd
LAN centre

#661265 - 03/10/01 05:37 AM Re: Has anyone heard anything about Flashpoint?  
Spectre Offline
Spectre  Offline

Colorado Springs
This game has some tremendous potential. The atmosphere that the developers have put into it simply blows everything else away.

I'm just happy to see that something different is being made although the capability of jumping from vehicle to vehicle is rather 'unrealistic', i.e., I seriously doubt a simple grunt would be able to fly a Cobra

Anyway...its definitely on my "to buy" list and I will enjoy it

#661266 - 03/22/01 04:51 AM Re: Has anyone heard anything about Flashpoint?  
Spoons Offline
Site Emeritus
Spoons  Offline
Site Emeritus

SimHQ.com
Moved to the new OFP message board.

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/boards/cgi-...point&number=57

------------------
John Sponauer
Senior Editor
SimHQ.com
jsponauer@SimHQ.com

John Sponauer
SimHQ.com
jsponauer@simhq.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.