Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#660434 - 09/03/03 12:03 AM What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I check the boards every day out of habit. There hasn't been much activity for the better part of this year and it's felt increasingly like a ghost town. I no longer have any development tools installed. I hope there is still a community out there and modding will continue to take place, but my own modding days are over. WWII FIGHTERS was the greatest fun I've ever had while sitting in front of an electronic device, and that had much to do with the online community surrounding it. Many thanks to everyone who participated in the forums, I had a blast.

You guys are the best.

-Rammjager

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#660435 - 09/03/03 12:30 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
the Dutchman Offline
the Dutchman  Offline

Almere,Flevoland,the Netherlan...
Jeezz.........that's very sad news........i,ve been checking in every day at the forums but for the last couple of weeks i just can't reach them,the one i could reach wouldn,t let me post...........and overhere,well it just isn't the same.I was afraid something like this might happen,our's is but a small community mostly based upon communicating through the forums,so if that falls away.....at least if that's one of your reasons?
So after Hammerd now you are leaving also?
I was looking forward to your Wildcat and P-38 progress...........You two were the "icing on the cake" or don't you use that expression in the States? \:D
I wish you all the best and thanks for all those GREAT mods!
Maybe whe will see you over at the IL-2 FB forums like Hammerd?
Man,i still don,t believe it......... \:\( i will have a restless night,seeing WWII-Fighters fading in the distance untill it becomes nothing but a memory of better times.......

#660436 - 09/03/03 01:56 AM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rammjager,

Say it isn't so!! You mean you're giving up modding altogether, or just WWII Fighters? For you not to mod anymore is almost a crime, you're so talented at it. Just today at work, a friend who is also into WW2F and I were discussing how fantastic your latest P-51 mod is, and how great it would be if the other planes in the game were taken to that level.
Well, whatever your reasons for not continuing, I'd just like to say "Thanks" for all your work, and ... well, I'm just sitting here feeling a little sad. I hope WW2F will still soldier on for a bit longer. Seems I always get in on the tail end of things... *sigh* \:\(

I Salute You, TimeBandit

#660437 - 09/03/03 02:43 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Although i was never a modder or skinner mission builder etc i enjoyed the hell out of the past 2 or 3 years with the wwiifighters.com and ww2fighters.net crew. To frustrating not being able to get to the website so i gave up. To be honest i don't even play ww2fighters that much anymore. Play IL-2FB and Delta Force BlackHawk Down, MOHAA Ghost Recon etc. It was a good run. Hope to see you guys around still.
DowninFlames \:D

#660438 - 09/03/03 03:43 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
Hammerd Offline
Hammerd  Offline

Las Vegas, NV USA
I know what you mean, Rammy.
It was fun though. \:\)

Hammerd
#660439 - 09/03/03 02:07 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shame we lost the momentum - Ham and Ram were driving forces who put in a gazillion manhours contributing as did others. The sim was the best and it had a great run in it's forum. A great community.

#660440 - 09/03/03 02:21 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

#660441 - 09/03/03 11:46 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahhhhh ****!

#660442 - 09/03/03 11:58 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a sad day that I was wishing would not come yet, were all hoping for the completion of the B-29, P-38, Corsair, Hellcat, Zero, and water mod. but it was impossible being you are the one man show, and man what a show you put on!! thx. the 51 will go down in sim history as the best for years to come, the paint jobs and your artistic way is the best among the very few and we all know who the few are... I'm sure we'll see you back but in another sim, maybe FB or something ubi, it won't be the same though there is something about Janes WWII fighters that when you made a mod for it it really means something because it's hard and not everybody can do it, anyway I rambling and miss spelling and my grammer has been thrown out the window but **** it I'm upset... Take care Ramm I will miss like I miss Hamm. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DID! ~S~ \:\) \:\( \:D :p

#660443 - 09/04/03 01:02 AM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... \:D

Download

My P-51 skin for Bucc (E2-S) was nearly complete. I'll try to get it finished up at some point and post it here.

#660444 - 09/04/03 02:17 AM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ramm

As always, you are a genlteman and a scholar. If you find the time, it would please us all if you could finish the above. Something (additional) to remember you by.

Thanks for all your hard work.

LNL

#660445 - 09/04/03 03:23 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
Rotor Head Offline
Rotor Head  Offline

Syracuse, NY
Ramm,

You are one of the few reasons this sim has lasted as long as it did...Because of your work, I re-installed and it's still and always will be, on my HD.

My compliments to your outstanding work.

I wish you happiness in whatever life has in store for you!

Fair Winds and Following Seas...

Rotor

#660446 - 09/04/03 04:26 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
Tim Canada Offline
Tim Canada  Offline

Kelowna BC
Thanks for all the hard work over all these years. This sim would not be around with out guys like you.

There still is no sim that has a p-51 and p-47 that is as well done as WW 2 Fighters.
And from the looks of things, there never will be ;\)

The b-17 you did, Hammerd' 190's and 109's are unsurpassed even to this day. Skycat's vehicle mods and utilities, Mega's mods & skins, Targets updated fm's, Shadow's sound mods, the list goes on and on.

WW2 Fighters will never leave my harddrive!!!

Cheers guys, thanks!
Tim

I am an enchanter. There are some who call me.....Tim?
#660447 - 09/04/03 05:10 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
Bill_Grant Offline
Hotshot
Bill_Grant  Offline
Hotshot

Dallas, TX
Ramm,
Sorry to hear that!
I appreciate *all* that you have done for the WW2F community. And your artwork is without a doubt Fantastic. Your input will be sorely missed.

Please email when you get a chance. A message you sent me last month just popped up on the old forums!! Ack!
Would like to reply, heheh.

Your Texas Amigo,
~Bill

~Bill

In my defense, I was left unsupervised...
#660448 - 09/04/03 09:12 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
Morgul Offline
Morgul  Offline

England
Ramm, a great shame but at least you finish on a high! Your P51 is a real work of art and has given great pleasure.

It would be a pity for those talents not to be put to use any more. Are there any other sims that excite your interest or is it WWII Fighters alone? The BDG is crying out for talented people like you!

Enjoy whatever you move on to.

#660449 - 09/04/03 02:26 PM Re: What a run, huh?  
Murph Offline
Murph  Offline

Aurora,CO,USA
I guess it's really true that all good things came to an end- Ramm, you have gone above and beyond, and your efforts have greatly raised the standards for flight sim graphics as a whole, not just in WWII Fighters. I don't think there's any way we can truly express our thanks. Your Mustang is still hands-down, the best ever done in a sim (and might always be).

Intel i5 2500K CPU @4.0,Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 MB (turbo) GTX 1060 6G, 16G DDR3, Windows 10 Home 64 bit- "N�or bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
#660450 - 09/04/03 07:14 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

ditto on Murph - and I am still knocked out on the cockpit gauge glare - hehe ( you sure you just don't need a Mamoosa and a hammock? ).

#660451 - 09/04/03 11:35 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm only throwing in the towel now because I think it's already over. Bucc is the one breaking his back over this sim. He works 9-5 and attempts to maintain the site and build airplanes too. It's impossible. The truth is he only tries to hold up the community so he has a forum for his hobby, which he doesn't have time for because he's holding up the community. Catch 22.

As for me, I have my real world problems taking my time away like never before. But even so, the big thing for me was inspiration and having people who enjoy my work. Both are disappearing. There will be no more Hammerd planes for WWII FIGHTERS. Without his inspiring work I wouldn't have gone beyond making a few skins. I'm afraid there will never be a Bucc or BigDog plane either. A damn shame if that ends up being true, those guys are massively talented. I wanted to enjoy the work of others like everyone else, it provided much needed inspiration for me.

WWII FIGHTERS will not rest in peace for me because my dream was to have serious make-overs for all the flyable planes. I'm out of juice and two planes shy. I'm disappointed as hell. I feel pretty sentimental right now. I fear this is a taste of what it will feel like on my death bed, looking back at the things I never got to do in life. I'll be wishing on that day I had the power to jump out of bed and scream, "I'M NOT READY TO GO YET! YOU WON'T TAKE ME THAT EASY!"

SentiMENTAL I said. \:D

#660452 - 09/05/03 12:14 AM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hear what you are saying - sometimes we get too involved and it becomes work with little appreciation at times. I know that sometimes I can rack up 10 hours to make a mission timed just right, or I bet I put in hundreds on the HB website for immersion ... then one gets burned out and personal stuff takes over with work etc.

The key is to take a break and relax and let others run with the ball - then maybe get some new juice flowing. And yes, getting some enthusiasim back from pilots even though we are doing the hobby to please ourselves helps too.

Perhaps the forum should be paired down, or a group should help Bucc, or maybe we just become a private clubhouse...

It would be a shame to give up on it but that can happen too. Many ol'stalwarts walked away i.e. Judge, Fluke et al.

Life goes on. My favorite restaurant just closed, my club where they give out the Heisman Trophy was never re-opened after Sept. 11, my sailboat sank, my hair is graying, my gate is a bit slower. But we shuffle on until the fat lady sings.

Put it away for awhile, then one day an idea will come in your head, spare time and enthusiasim will bubble up, and whamo!

Creative people need to create! Besides I need a new cockpit in my jug LOL - don't you hate it when people ask and then "expect" ...

;\)

#660453 - 09/05/03 05:35 AM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well said, PC.

I have been a salesman all of my life. When I get out of bed in the morning, I want and wish for a new challenge. A new deal to work on. A new idea to nurture.

Sometimes, there is nothing there. What a long day, or week, or month... then something happens and I'm off and running. Like a kid with a new toy, and believe me, at my age running is not what it used to be. Having said that, there will always be a group, maybe smaller, who love this sim and want to add something to it.

Our thanks for your efforts and keep checking back, cause it can only get better.

LNL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.