Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#660454 - 09/05/03 01:50 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Say it ain't so! As an untallented hanger-on-er, I for one hope that the WW2F community is not gasping for it's last breath. I too have been checking regularly at the "old place" in hopes of more activity and do not want to believe that with ssooooo many talented, interesting, well mannered, and just plane down to earth folks involved it could just "BE OVER?" If I knew how to help I would ... just sign me up. But, alas, being one with all thumbs when it comes to the electronic wizzardry so many here are blessed with I can only stand on the side lines and HOPE.

However, whether 'tis true or not I would like to add my thanks to those tallented modellers, skinners, mission planners, advisors, and humorists who have added many hours of enjoyment to my sim experience (and many hours in the future too) -- thanks to one and all - your talent and unselfish offerings continue to be appreciated!

I truely hope this community will continue on in some small way if for no other reason than to just take roll once in a while!

LDF_II out!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#660455 - 09/05/03 02:40 PM Re: What a run, huh?  
Rambo Offline
Rambo  Offline

Yo Ram!!

Hey, I have been flying WW2F since it first hit the shelves, and I still am!! \:D
The sim is one of the best ole' dogfighting sims around and many of us ole' timers are still in the air with it. Your contributions are outstanding and have helped to make this sim last as long as it has. Take a break, we all do that --- and come back and join in the fun!!!

Lots of guys out here appreciate and still fly this sim!!! Next to strangling politicians, it is the best therapy I know!!!

Rambo --- \:D

My Box: Mac Pro with twin Xeon, XP+SP2 w/Bootcamp, 2.66GHz, ATI X1900XT (512MB), 2GB RAM.
#660456 - 09/05/03 05:10 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I am still pecking away slowly at some stuff. I have been very busy lately with work so I haven't had much time.

I think the bigest problem is the forum sanfu with Bucc out of touch and being the Admin.

#660457 - 09/05/03 08:59 PM Re: What a run, huh?  
the Dutchman Offline
the Dutchman  Offline

Almere,Flevoland,the Netherlan...
Ramm,that downloadzip isn't a valid zipfile............

#660458 - 09/05/03 10:17 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, it works now.

#660459 - 09/06/03 04:18 AM Re: What a run, huh?  
Eagle114th Offline
Eagle114th  Offline

Texas, USA
It's VERY sad for us to hear about you being gone from Janes WWII fighter. IT was REALLY BLAST and the best time I ever had. I will never forget you, it felt like when my brother left for unversity to dorm, far away from me. It was painful part. But, life goes on. You know, I may have not been fitted into your huge groups (Fluke, Swiper, Bucc, Red Johnson, Rammjagar, Hammerd, and etc....), but I have been part of you guys from past 2 to 3 years. I am putting my hand on my chest, and having huge memorizes of our past, and I will never forget you guys. You guys were like true family to me, I mean, we were like family right? But PROMISE us one thing, when you visit us, POST message and say HI to us!

Your Texas Amigo,
Eagle114th..........

Great pilots are made not born... A man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end product is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience.

Air Vice-Marshall J.E. "Johnnie" Johnson, RAF
#660460 - 09/06/03 10:36 PM Re: What a run, huh?  
the Dutchman Offline
the Dutchman  Offline

Almere,Flevoland,the Netherlan...
Thanks,Ramm,here's something for a bit of inspiration....... ;\)

#660461 - 09/06/03 11:38 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I've seen that. I emailed the artist a few days ago and he told me he used Rhino3D to model the plane and Cinema4D to render that final image. Amazing. That doesn't inspire me to model for flight sims, it inspires me to create 3D art like that! I'm not kidding, I plan on shopping around to find a good modeling tool. Maybe I can get a good one for Christmas or something. \:D

#660462 - 09/07/03 12:07 AM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ramm, thanks for years of hard work. I think WW2F is still terrific, and if it had been a better sim for on-line play, it might still be hot. Also, I'm sure people just got tired of flying over the same terrian, lol! The limitations they put into the games development really, is what hurt it. Imagine if you could have modded for WW2F the way they can for all of the MS sims! FB wouldn't have had a chance!
Anyway, again, thanks.

#660463 - 09/07/03 12:19 AM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm sure people just got tired of flying over the same terrian
Agreed! All kinds of new missions and mods would have propelled the sim forward with NEW TERRAINS

#660464 - 09/07/03 03:40 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a run it was, to be sure. Among all your other accomplishments, you managed to produce the best Spit and Pony in any sim to date, bar none. Congrats Rammy!

#660465 - 09/07/03 05:35 PM Re: What a run, huh?  
Hammerd Offline
Hammerd  Offline

Las Vegas, NV USA
Look at that. \:\)
The guy who started it all. The man himself... "The Judge".
It's all your' fault. ;\)

Hammerd
#660466 - 09/08/03 01:04 PM Re: What a run, huh?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What do you suppose happened to he content of the orginal forum that Judge ran? Is it saved? Can the content of both Judge's and Bucc's forums be collated and used for research? Anyone know?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.