Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#562759 - 03/14/02 11:58 PM Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anybody know what this add-on pack will include? How come it is only being sold in the UK?

I found out this add-on pack will be released at the end of May.

See the following website.

http://www.eb.uk.com/review.asp?tab=pc&rev_id=144937

Or you can type 'typhoon' in on their search box and you will get this as a result.

Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#562760 - 03/15/02 09:54 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great news.

I hope it finally gives us what it says in the manual... A dynamic campaign!

------------------
\:\)

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

#562761 - 03/15/02 11:38 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Amen to that!

Strange route to hear about this tho...
Why no word from the Guys at Rage ? The release date that EB are giving is only 10 weeks away.

Perhaps Andy can ferret out some info?

#562762 - 03/15/02 04:55 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Tracer[formerly of CS] Offline
Tracer[formerly of CS]  Offline

Looks like it's for another game entirely:

Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack
ETA : 31/05/2002
PC Games >
Publisher >
Developer >
Rating > (ELSPA) (BBFC)
System Requirements >

Eyrofighter

On a serious note; the official web site has nothing on the addon either.

[This message has been edited by Tracer[formerly of CS] (edited 03-15-2002).]

#562763 - 03/15/02 06:18 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Hitman IF Offline
Hitman IF  Offline

Aberdeen, Scotland
True Tracer, but to be honest I would never consider visiting the official website with anything worse than a LAN connection.
I can't believe the price of 25 though, that is the same as the game itself is selling for (I looked at the EB USA site, and they are selling it for $4-5). I hope there not going to rip us off again like they did with TAW. It shouldn't be more than 15-20.

------------------
---SVBS squad is playing Typhoon and ADF/TAW now at http://www.svbs.co.uk !---

---SVBS squad is playing Lock On, ADF/TAW and Typhoon now at http://www.svbs.co.uk !---
#562764 - 03/15/02 06:37 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Leon and I don't have any more specific info. Our belief is that something may eventually come out that includes the original game, added material based on the original add-on, and a strategy guide.

We know the guide exists because we wrote it. In what form it will appear is unknown...may well be on a CD.

Andy

#562765 - 03/18/02 02:32 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andy - are you able to tell us what the content of the orrigial add-on was (or hopefully is) to be?

Cheers, WUlf.

------------------

#562766 - 03/22/02 08:39 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Wulf

Leon and I are now hearing that the add-on will definitely include carrier operations. The work is still in a beta stage and we do not have very many details. It seems that the add-on beta that Leon and I looked at months ago has been reworked considerably.

Sorry about the scarcity of info, but we would rather not say anything than say something that is not true.

Andy

#562767 - 03/22/02 08:53 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Bush:
It seems that the add-on beta that Leon and I looked at months ago has been reworked considerably.Andy

Andy, you big fibber!

When Manteau asked you (way back then), you said that as far as the the add-on, all you'd seen was the screenshot that was posted.

...Andy, ya big teaser! Tell us more, any idea if EFT (with the add-on) is going to have this dynamic campaign that is frequently referred to in the manual, but nobody has yet seen?

------------------

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

#562768 - 03/22/02 09:08 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
otto2 Offline
otto2  Offline

Duesseldorf,Germany
I m afraid, that Andy Bush may not tell us more until the project is "official"?
And i agree to him, better saying nothing than making all of us hot for an add-on, which will -maybe- never come.

#562769 - 03/22/02 11:09 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Hengist

Hmmm...I've done a forum search and cannot find such a statement by myself.

Leon and I were then and still are limited in what we can say by our NDA. We try to give as much info as possible without violating that agreement.

I took that screenshot from the add-on beta. We felt that it was a good "teaser" that would spark interest in the follow-on as it existed at that time. I'm not sure that today's add-on and that beta have much in common. Maybe, maybe not.

I have not seen the current work. Perhaps one day I will. Until then, I'll have to be careful that I don't say something that is untrue or something that may raise hopes unfairly.

You all can do your part by not expecting too much. Let's just wait and see what comes out of this.

Andy

#562770 - 03/23/02 10:25 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hengist

Hmmm...I've done a forum search and cannot find such a statement by myself.Andy

Andy, neither can I

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me, in which case I'll apologise for wrongly quoting you... or I can't just find the thread.

However I'm that sad that I went and did a search (and found a thread which is pretty close to my quote above)... lol. Here's what I found...

Q. Manteau: Andy posted a screenshot of the carrier ops addon ages ago - maybe he can tell you about it? (I'm guessing he was beta testing it).

A. Andy: Manteau I don't do beta testing...although Typhoon could have benefitted from a little more attention to this area.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum48/HTML/000905.html

Whatever was said or not said, it don't really matter I was just having a bit of fun.

For what it's worth I know you can't say to much when you've signed an NDA, as I've also got my name on a couple of sims over the years, so I know all about the beta dance

------------------

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

[This message has been edited by *Hengist* (edited 03-23-2002).]

#562771 - 03/24/02 07:11 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Badboy Offline
Badboy  Offline

UK
[This message has been edited by Badboy (edited 03-27-2002).]

#562772 - 03/25/02 10:20 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

[This message has been edited by *Hengist* (edited 04-02-2002).]

#562773 - 03/25/02 12:09 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Tiger Offline
Tiger  Offline

Hengist,

I cant be the only one who is tired of reading your constant whining. Here is a sample of just the most recent examples:

Quote:
Originally posted by *Hengist*:

I hope it finally gives us what it says in the manual... A dynamic campaign!

Aha I see you've also got to the bit in Typhoon that's really crap.

What we have here is basically a half (could be 3/4) finished game that was abandoned.

I'm hoping that this add-on (if it ever comes out) will enable EFT to do what it says it does in the manual... that is to have a 'dynamic' campaign system

Tell us more, any idea if EFT (with the add-on) is going to have this dynamic campaign that is frequently referred to in the manual, but nobody has yet seen?

Then later on, someone decided that if all the loose ends were tied together, then perhaps it could be pushed out of the door as a game that now features a plane, and then at least they'd get some money back.

What were seeing is the leftover development parts that were going to be DiD's new EF2K v3.0. Instead of being left on the shelf to rot, the unfinished code had its loose ends tied together and pushed out as what we see today

Those are all genuine quotes taken from recent threads, but your constant whining has now escalated to blatant misquoting, name-calling, and bad language, all thinly veiled as humor.

Your departure is long overdue.

Tig

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 03-25-2002).]

Tiger
#562774 - 03/25/02 01:13 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to enjoy reading these boards, but the pissy posts seem to have driven away the good contributers, this can only get worse while people like Hengist are allowed to continue posting insults and abuse to the staff and users, inbetween his incessant and unremitting bellyaching.

Now Hengist has basically made up a quote and then called Andy a liar! He has followed that up with more abusive language...where is this going to end?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiger:

Your departure is long overdue.

Tig

Yep, and here is a genuine quote from Andy to Hengist that supports it.

Quote:

One more thing. Your comment about drinking was out of line. One more wise ass remark like that and you are history on these boards.

Please, it is time to clean up the boards... Andy, do everyone a big favor and throw out the garbage!!

Prune

#562775 - 03/25/02 02:01 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Down with Hengist!!! The whiner has never anything good to say about any sim!

(He can't even stay out of a thread that he said he wouldn't post to again).

------------------

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

#562776 - 03/25/02 07:57 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
boshar Offline
boshar  Offline

the Netherlands
/lurk mode off

Really hating your attitude and the tone of your postings since day one Hengist. I agree with Tiger and Prune on this one. If this board had the ability to blank out posts from certain members you would be my first candidate. (after Kurt Plummer left by himself that is )
/lurk mode on

#562777 - 03/26/02 01:49 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
God how I miss reading Kurt's posts....:-)

#562778 - 03/26/02 01:54 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right...folks, this is still a controversial subject, and could we all give the name calling a miss. I tend to agree with Hengist, but I will not, NOT, ever stand by and watch anyone insult Andy.

Andy and I both have admin priviledges on this board. That nothing has been deleted and no one has been banned yet, is a testament to someone's patience, and it surely isn't mine. I notice my little edit to Tiger's sneer was removed, by Tiger. Fair enough. Tiger, you do not get to decide who posts here. That's a matter for SimHQ staff.

We need to cool off.

Yes, I would LOVE to see further development of Typhoon - it has all the magic pieces, and it has that potential there for something to rival JF-18 and F4 in terms of immersion and logevity. But one thing that won't EVER get such development is these flame wars and this attitude towards the development.

So. We know. We know that the dynamic campaign is shackled to a storyline. We know that the six pilots carry on gets to be a distraction. We know that this, that and the other aren't what we - as posters on a flight simulator message board - would like. We also know that there is a strategy guide out there by Leon and Andy which I would very much like to read. We know all this. Great. Now, sod it, there's nothing we can do about it?

Let me tell you something else. Back when DID was still DID, I helped out a little (a tiny amount) researching aircraft damage. Nothing professional, I was just known as a fan with a bit of cop on, who could be relied on to keep my mouth shut. But even then, the design seemed to have no AWACS, no refuelling, iceland, and so forth. So it is questionable that Ef2000 V3 would have been quite what we imagined it to be. That it became an action game somewhere along the line is possibly - /possibly/ - indicative of a more commercial attitude prevailing at post walkout DID which became Rage Warrington. Speculation.

We all would buy, all of us, some sort of insane hybrid of TAW, EF2000 and Typhoon (with a JSF in it ), with bigger maps, and EF2000/F-22ADF style cockpits. With the Wargen system working the way it does now, and the "no endless supply" of planes going on, we would all be very happy campers.

So, let's sit down, make up, be civil and channel our energies somewhere useful. Write some nice, *POLITE* emails to Rage tech support, or whomever. Say how you enjoyed Typhoon, but also enjoyed TAW, and wouldn't it be cool, if a future Rage Warrington product would marry the two?

The worst problem with this message board is that we can't all just sit down and have a beer and trash this out. It's way too easy for a gentle prod to become a kick. And then the defenses go up. And then SimHQ gets a message board filled with bile. It's a huge waste of time, energy and bandwidth dealing with it.

OK.

Let's buy this Icebreaker thingie, play the hell out of it, and keep the message feeding back to Rage. ok?

Gavin

#562779 - 03/26/02 11:29 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin Bennett:

The worst problem with this message board is that we can't all just sit down and have a beer and trash this out. It's way too easy for a gentle prod to become a kick. And then the defenses go up. And then SimHQ gets a message board filled with bile. It's a huge waste of time, energy and bandwidth dealing with it.

OK.

Let's buy this Icebreaker thingie, play the hell out of it, and keep the message feeding back to Rage. ok?

Gavin

Well said Gavin... I'll be buying it.

------------------

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

#562780 - 03/27/02 04:15 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Hitman IF Offline
Hitman IF  Offline

Aberdeen, Scotland
Nice idea, I can't wait for Icebreaker!

You do really seem to like the idea of that hybrid .

------------------
---SVBS squad is playing Typhoon and ADF/TAW now at http://www.svbs.co.uk !---

---SVBS squad is playing Lock On, ADF/TAW and Typhoon now at http://www.svbs.co.uk !---
#562781 - 04/01/02 10:25 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm wondering ...
Anyone knows where has Kurt Plummer gone?

May be I'm a masochist, but somehow i'm missing him (just a bit )

LvP

#562782 - 04/02/02 06:38 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tiger, Prune & boshar...

What can I say guys? I'm deeply sorry for upsetting you all. It's posts like yours that not only make me think about my posts, they also make me stop and reflect on my life.

What a sorry existence I do lead. After your posts I've realised that I have an indelible stain not only upon my character, but also on my life in general, I feel so terribly terribly dirty. Saturday evening was a personal low point for me as I thought about your depicted hatred, so much so, that on Sunday morning I went to church and spoke to the vicar. With his help I've re-found the Lord and I'm now high on the word of God. I'm thinking about creating a 'Christian flight simmers club' and could do with such fine citizens as yourself to lead the various national factions.

Well Tiger, Prune & boshar, let me know if you want to spread the Lords word through the use of Air to Air missiles. If you do then drop me a post here... Hopefully I'll still be here. I was here before you arrived (and no it wasn't this current username) and hopefully with the Gods and the moderators wishes behind me, I'll still be here when you've all left.

Take care y'all now.

Hengist.
Hengist's MiG Alley Site

Panzer Commander the Sim: Endorsed and recommended by the 21st Panzer Division... Resistance is futile.

[This message has been edited by *Hengist* (edited 04-02-2002).]

#562783 - 04/02/02 08:24 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!! Noooooooooooooooo he mentioned the three lettered word!!!!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#562784 - 04/03/02 02:10 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by *Hengist*:
I was here before you arrived (and no it wasn't this current username) and hopefully with the Gods and the moderators wishes behind me, I'll still be here when you've all left.

Interesting to note that your message manages to be deliberately provocative, in terms of your challenge to outstay your antagonists, offensive in terms of the religious references and completely off topic for this forum, all at the same time.

The standards here appear to have already sunk abysmally low, apparently due to weak moderation, and I continue to wonder how far the administrators here are prepared to allow this forum to decay before these issues are addressed.

Prune

#562785 - 04/03/02 03:23 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Prune, chill...

I do hope Rage does something with this sim. I go back and play it every so often. It's not all that bad for a game.

ps. I really do miss Kurt's post though...

#562786 - 04/03/02 08:30 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Prune:
Interesting and completely off topic for this forum, all at the same time.

Lol you really crack me up. If you felt that strongly about posting 'off-topic' threads, then why did you bother to reply?.. I'll let you into a little secret, I'm not the only one laughing at your posts.

As Piper said, "Prune, chill..."

Quote:
Originally posted by Prune:
The standards here appear to have already sunk abysmally low, apparently due to weak moderation.

Well I normally step in to help the underdog, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass a comment on your latest outburst. IMO the moderators at SimHQ.com are 1st class people. Sure I've had my run ins with them, but at the end of the day I 100% respect their judgement as far as moderating goes. In fact SimHQ is one of the best sites around because of the moderators.

I think you need to apologise for your outburst, but hey it's your life and you have to lead it.

------------------

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

[This message has been edited by *Hengist* (edited 04-03-2002).]

#562787 - 04/04/02 12:24 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Ladies, please!-)

This forum is here for us to gripe about what Typhoon could of been, right?-))

Com'on, maybe we'll have some add-on to a pretty darn good sim (Steve, it came out of the oven too soon though). It's NOT hardcore, but it is different, and it is fun - at least for me.

Hint, Steve, wouldn't take too much tweaking to do it right! I know your ass was smoldering from the posts on this list, but,,,we did have our collective expectations set a little high from your previous effort.

#562788 - 04/04/02 01:21 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
The next post that takes aim at anyone will end this thread.

If you have something constructive to say, then say it. Otherwise, don't.

#562789 - 04/04/02 10:25 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
If the add on is released......... Im buying it. As simple as that, I dont care what it adds, I like Typhoon, though since I patched it it seems a tad to easy to stop things now, and I actualy made a max distance kill with the long range meteor.... against one of the super duper cruise missiles!
Though the brimstones still don't know which way they want to go!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#562790 - 04/04/02 11:11 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info Andy. Carrier ops sounds good. Is it still an Icelandic setting? Or are we heading elswhere for the next installment? Is it the same war, or a further conflict?

Whatever, I'm actually really enjoying EFT this time round, so I'll buy it.... The add-on pack that is.

Cheers, WUlf.

------------------

#562791 - 04/04/02 11:56 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I played EFT after I bought it. It made fun this time. If an add on will be available I will buy it. Will it also give this add on for the german version of Typhoon??? I hope it!

#562792 - 04/04/02 01:04 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Hi Guys

I have not seen the current version of the "add-on", so any info I have to pass along is minimal.

As I understand it, the add-on will continue the war in the Iceland area.

It appears that the add-on will have national versions. Our Strategy Guide is being translated.

I have no info on a release date.

#562793 - 04/04/02 11:30 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
To Andy,

The Strat Guide you keep referring to. Will it be something akin to the one written for EF2000? That was a good read.

Just curious.

#562794 - 04/05/02 04:05 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
piper

Similar in layout and content...perhaps not quite as detailed in some areas.

#562795 - 04/05/02 04:20 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
drooling...

#562796 - 04/13/02 05:53 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

This looks like another ADF/TAW saga, I was right in not buying the typhoon earlier and now I will be happy to get original typhoon and planned addon in one pack.

#562797 - 05/04/02 05:40 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is an article I found:
"Rage announces that it has extended its current partnership with Italian distributor Leader SpA (Leader) to ensure the release of three further titles from its growing catalogue of games throughout the Italian market place."

The release date is probably 31th may. Are there any new details known about that ADD ON?

[This message has been edited by White Knight (edited 05-04-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.