Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#562779 - 03/26/02 11:29 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin Bennett:

The worst problem with this message board is that we can't all just sit down and have a beer and trash this out. It's way too easy for a gentle prod to become a kick. And then the defenses go up. And then SimHQ gets a message board filled with bile. It's a huge waste of time, energy and bandwidth dealing with it.

OK.

Let's buy this Icebreaker thingie, play the hell out of it, and keep the message feeding back to Rage. ok?

Gavin

Well said Gavin... I'll be buying it.

------------------
\:\)

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#562780 - 03/27/02 04:15 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Hitman IF Offline
Hitman IF  Offline

Aberdeen, Scotland
Nice idea, I can't wait for Icebreaker!

You do really seem to like the idea of that hybrid .

------------------
---SVBS squad is playing Typhoon and ADF/TAW now at http://www.svbs.co.uk !---

---SVBS squad is playing Lock On, ADF/TAW and Typhoon now at http://www.svbs.co.uk !---
#562781 - 04/01/02 10:25 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm wondering ...
Anyone knows where has Kurt Plummer gone?

May be I'm a masochist, but somehow i'm missing him (just a bit )

LvP

#562782 - 04/02/02 06:38 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tiger, Prune & boshar...

What can I say guys? I'm deeply sorry for upsetting you all. It's posts like yours that not only make me think about my posts, they also make me stop and reflect on my life.

What a sorry existence I do lead. After your posts I've realised that I have an indelible stain not only upon my character, but also on my life in general, I feel so terribly terribly dirty. Saturday evening was a personal low point for me as I thought about your depicted hatred, so much so, that on Sunday morning I went to church and spoke to the vicar. With his help I've re-found the Lord and I'm now high on the word of God. I'm thinking about creating a 'Christian flight simmers club' and could do with such fine citizens as yourself to lead the various national factions.

Well Tiger, Prune & boshar, let me know if you want to spread the Lords word through the use of Air to Air missiles. If you do then drop me a post here... Hopefully I'll still be here. I was here before you arrived (and no it wasn't this current username) and hopefully with the Gods and the moderators wishes behind me, I'll still be here when you've all left.

Take care y'all now.

Hengist.
Hengist's MiG Alley Site

Panzer Commander the Sim: Endorsed and recommended by the 21st Panzer Division... Resistance is futile.

[This message has been edited by *Hengist* (edited 04-02-2002).]

#562783 - 04/02/02 08:24 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!! Noooooooooooooooo he mentioned the three lettered word!!!!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#562784 - 04/03/02 02:10 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by *Hengist*:
I was here before you arrived (and no it wasn't this current username) and hopefully with the Gods and the moderators wishes behind me, I'll still be here when you've all left.

Interesting to note that your message manages to be deliberately provocative, in terms of your challenge to outstay your antagonists, offensive in terms of the religious references and completely off topic for this forum, all at the same time.

The standards here appear to have already sunk abysmally low, apparently due to weak moderation, and I continue to wonder how far the administrators here are prepared to allow this forum to decay before these issues are addressed.

Prune

#562785 - 04/03/02 03:23 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Prune, chill...

I do hope Rage does something with this sim. I go back and play it every so often. It's not all that bad for a game.

ps. I really do miss Kurt's post though...

#562786 - 04/03/02 08:30 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Prune:
Interesting and completely off topic for this forum, all at the same time.

Lol you really crack me up. If you felt that strongly about posting 'off-topic' threads, then why did you bother to reply?.. I'll let you into a little secret, I'm not the only one laughing at your posts.

As Piper said, "Prune, chill..."

Quote:
Originally posted by Prune:
The standards here appear to have already sunk abysmally low, apparently due to weak moderation.

Well I normally step in to help the underdog, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass a comment on your latest outburst. IMO the moderators at SimHQ.com are 1st class people. Sure I've had my run ins with them, but at the end of the day I 100% respect their judgement as far as moderating goes. In fact SimHQ is one of the best sites around because of the moderators.

I think you need to apologise for your outburst, but hey it's your life and you have to lead it.

------------------

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site

[This message has been edited by *Hengist* (edited 04-03-2002).]

#562787 - 04/04/02 12:24 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
Ladies, please!-)

This forum is here for us to gripe about what Typhoon could of been, right?-))

Com'on, maybe we'll have some add-on to a pretty darn good sim (Steve, it came out of the oven too soon though). It's NOT hardcore, but it is different, and it is fun - at least for me.

Hint, Steve, wouldn't take too much tweaking to do it right! I know your ass was smoldering from the posts on this list, but,,,we did have our collective expectations set a little high from your previous effort.

#562788 - 04/04/02 01:21 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
The next post that takes aim at anyone will end this thread.

If you have something constructive to say, then say it. Otherwise, don't.

#562789 - 04/04/02 10:25 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
If the add on is released......... Im buying it. As simple as that, I dont care what it adds, I like Typhoon, though since I patched it it seems a tad to easy to stop things now, and I actualy made a max distance kill with the long range meteor.... against one of the super duper cruise missiles!
Though the brimstones still don't know which way they want to go!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#562790 - 04/04/02 11:11 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info Andy. Carrier ops sounds good. Is it still an Icelandic setting? Or are we heading elswhere for the next installment? Is it the same war, or a further conflict?

Whatever, I'm actually really enjoying EFT this time round, so I'll buy it.... The add-on pack that is.

Cheers, WUlf.

------------------

#562791 - 04/04/02 11:56 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I played EFT after I bought it. It made fun this time. If an add on will be available I will buy it. Will it also give this add on for the german version of Typhoon??? I hope it!

#562792 - 04/04/02 01:04 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Hi Guys

I have not seen the current version of the "add-on", so any info I have to pass along is minimal.

As I understand it, the add-on will continue the war in the Iceland area.

It appears that the add-on will have national versions. Our Strategy Guide is being translated.

I have no info on a release date.

#562793 - 04/04/02 11:30 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
To Andy,

The Strat Guide you keep referring to. Will it be something akin to the one written for EF2000? That was a good read.

Just curious.

#562794 - 04/05/02 04:05 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
piper

Similar in layout and content...perhaps not quite as detailed in some areas.

#562795 - 04/05/02 04:20 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  
piper Offline
Veteran
piper  Offline
Veteran

Raleigh,NC
drooling...

#562796 - 04/13/02 05:53 AM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

This looks like another ADF/TAW saga, I was right in not buying the typhoon earlier and now I will be happy to get original typhoon and planned addon in one pack.

#562797 - 05/04/02 05:40 PM Re: Eyrofighter Typhoon: Operation Ice Breaker Gold Pack  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is an article I found:
"Rage announces that it has extended its current partnership with Italian distributor Leader SpA (Leader) to ensure the release of three further titles from its growing catalogue of games throughout the Italian market place."

The release date is probably 31th may. Are there any new details known about that ADD ON?

[This message has been edited by White Knight (edited 05-04-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.