Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#561816 - 08/02/01 11:48 AM Re: Typhoon "Yeah Right" moments. :-)  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
Arcade flight model??? I think not....have you seen a real Typhoon fly? Lets just say that the game isn't far off. It cn pull loops at 180Kts....the pilots have said that it will do manouvers at speeds other aircraft wouldn't get off the ground at. Anyway, I doubt if an RAF and other airforce Typhoon pilots would back the flight model if it were "arcadish", look at other threads, the aircraft is almost spot on, the only thing the pilots said was a bit off was momentum, not thrust, mass, top speed, handling, other than it was a bit off and was as close to the declassified simulator as it was likely to get... If you want a hard game, I suggest you try Superbike 2001 at full realism, 2 wheels are a hell of a lot harder to control than four, trust me, I know

------------------
If it aint bust, you haven't played with it enough!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#561817 - 08/02/01 05:29 PM Re: Typhoon "Yeah Right" moments. :-)  
Peyton Offline
Peyton  Offline

Austin, Texas
Howdy, y'all!

Well, I like to have fun. I've perused the posts here, and I think I sense a really fun game at the root of it. I deserve a new game to wring out the GeForce 3 in my new system, right? IL-2's not out yet, so...

I'll let you know what I think. I'm one o' them "casual simmers." Not from lack of dedication or mental capacity, but lack of spare time.

The game just shipped a couple weeks ago; y'all are expecting a patch, already?

Cheers and beers,
Peyton

#561818 - 08/02/01 06:04 PM Re: Typhoon "Yeah Right" moments. :-)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, the game's actually been out for quite a while now in Europe.

And yes, it does need a patch. Not now, not tomorrow, but yesterday - when you buy it you'll find out why.

You say you like to have fun? You probably will, but not for long and certainly only once.

Die Hard

#561819 - 08/06/01 09:29 PM Re: Typhoon "Yeah Right" moments. :-)  
Peyton Offline
Peyton  Offline

Austin, Texas
Howdy, y'all,

Well, I said I'd drop by and give you my impressions.

Works fine in Win2000 SR2. The throttle on the TM Afterburner is DOA, but you knew that.

I couldn't find anything in the graphics options to crank up detail or eye candy. Remember in our last episode, this was my first "modern" game to see what my 1.7 GHz/GeForce 3 machine could do. Yeah, right.

I've only flown the first training mission. Didn't seem very challenging. (Remember, I am *not* a hard core simmer.) The world looked fuzzy and drab. Why not pointy, dangerous-looking mountains like in Falcon? The panel is blank, but for a random assortment of unlabelled green buttons or indicator lights. The flight model is easy, but this *is* a state-of-the-art computer-assisted airplane. I was bored.

There's not any eye-candy that I've seen yet. For me, the immersion was much, much lower than for Janes F-15, Falcon or Flanker 2, the first two on their "easy" settings. Even on "easy", the first two will make you work, and feel like you're accomplishing something.

Just for the sake of fairness, and because I hate wasting money, I'll fly it a bit more. Not a high priority, though. With the graphics horsepower than been available for the last couple of years, I was seriously disappointed. Challenging gameplay would have made up for it. Too bad.

With Flanker 2 at the "hard" end and Crimson Skies at the "easy" end, I was hooked immediately by both. I'll never forget the hundreds of delighted hours spent with Janes F-15, either. Not Typhoon.

Can't wait for Sturmovik!

Peyton

#561820 - 08/06/01 11:41 PM Re: Typhoon "Yeah Right" moments. :-)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

AHem...

Peyton...

Welcome in the club!!

-.-

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.