Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#561434 - 07/09/01 01:12 PM Re: Take 2 Publishes Typhoon!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

In my view, software is no different than any other purchase. If you don't like it, no matter where you buy it, you should be able to return it, no questions asked. The developer should do anything he can to protect themselves with the pirating issue, like having to have the original CD in the drive. This would stop most of the complaints that come up regarding expectations vs. advertisements.

I just don't understand why software is different in this respect. I know there are some places that allow you to return software inside 7 days or so, but this isn't the norm. And 7 days isn't long enough sometimes.

[This message has been edited by Coffee1 (edited 07-09-2001).]

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#561435 - 07/10/01 02:30 PM Re: Take 2 Publishes Typhoon!  
Tracer[formerly of CS] Offline
Tracer[formerly of CS]  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Coffee1:
In my view, software is no different than any other purchase. If you don't like it, no matter where you buy it, you should be able to return it, no questions asked. The developer should do anything he can to protect themselves with the pirating issue, like having to have the original CD in the drive. This would stop most of the complaints that come up regarding expectations vs. advertisements.

I just don't understand why software is different in this respect. I know there are some places that allow you to return software inside 7 days or so, but this isn't the norm. And 7 days isn't long enough sometimes.

[This message has been edited by Coffee1 (edited 07-09-2001).]

I totaly agree, flight sim's take week's to get into properly(the majority) Only after that time and gaining confidence in flying the thing, do the problems materialise.

It's a sort of "Security Hole" in the fsim world....it can't be found untill you've put in hour's and hour's of flying before the penny drops! Then you (as in EFT) go WTF!! "a space ship-thing that need's CRV-7's to shoot it down.....yeah right!"
It's tooo late by then, as it's at the end of the campaign and in this case -the game ending is bollocks(IF you can complete it!!) and not worth replaying.
The money is gone....

The A/G weapon's was another issue with "your not launching under proper parameter's etc" being tossed about, when in effect it was the *game* all along having dumbed-down weapon's.
These pointer's alienate player's as they feel "used/taken advantage of/made mugs of"

The only way companies will learn, is with the old "Once bitten twice shy" moto. Whereby simmers will talk with their money.

I would rather buy a product that is worth it, than pay for some old crap to keep an "old -past- favourite" company afloat.

I look at OFP as a major example; it *may* have released it's Editor as an add-on, with quite a few mission disc's sold aswell and it probably would have made a fortune!?

Instead they sold it complete with the mission editor that enables the user to make complete campaigns etc -look at the mods on the go 1944/Vietnam complete with different models etc.
Sure it's got some bug's, but there are workarounds for them.

Why couldn't Rage/DID have done the same with EFT instead of alway's going down the explotation market and make the simmer pay for *what* should have been there from the beginning! I'm talking about basic's here.
Ability to attack/plan your own target.
Mission builder.

No it's the "same old" with DID, i thought they had learned from the TAW fiasco when they went tit's up after claiming TAW *would* be an add-on for ADF.

Well, they've lost a customer that has everything from them since Retaliator.

Dog-eat-dog

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second hardest thing known to man.........the first is landing!"

#561436 - 07/10/01 02:57 PM Re: Take 2 Publishes Typhoon!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last time I get anything from them as well - except TAW II.

Last time I get games on the day they come out as well - next time, I'm waiting a month or so to see what they're like - even if that means missing out on some fun if the game is good.

Cheers,
Manteau

#561437 - 07/10/01 03:14 PM Re: Take 2 Publishes Typhoon!  
Blond_Knight Offline
Blond_Knight  Offline

Wisest words Ive heard today guys.

No more money to DID, and no more buying games on the day they come out.

Or in this case, no more buying games before they are available in the US.
If its so bad that it doesnt sell well enough to the Brits to warrent a quick pickup here in the US, then it probably is a stinker.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.