Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#561005 - 06/13/01 08:27 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
Uroboros Offline
Uroboros  Offline

Brooklyn, NY
All that's really needed is to give the pilot more air time. You pump up the campaign a bit so that more action takes place and there will be more opportunities to fly. Thankfully when the campaign is opended up, things like this (and more) will be possible

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#561006 - 06/13/01 09:39 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Blond_Knight:
Really all we're asking for are some of the great features that you included in EF2K. And since we usually have more money than sense, most of us will, if not for free PAY for a TACTCOM style addon.

Sad, but true, I bought EF2000 then TACTCOM and then SEF2000 later ADF and then TAW essentially ADF´s TACTCOM

In trying to produce a "light sim" I think the issues got confused, as I see it there are two major schools of thought in the PC sim community, first the hardcore realism sim´s that are more work than fun (If you ask me), and always end up am my shelf, because I cant be bothered to spend hours understanding the systems of the aircraft, and are probably harder to fly than the real thing.
Secondly sim´s with more emphasis on stick and rudder stuff where simplified avionics make for a greater gaming/action experience (Lets get in there for some quick and dirty action).

But that dosen´t mean that the planning phase has to be overly simplified, and this is where Typhoon has gone wrong, there is almost no player interaction, even if having 6 pilots is a neat idea, the novelty wears of in a couple of hours, and it becomes tedious to watch you pilots:
  • Play pool
  • Attend briefing, without any actual briefing taking place
  • Planning, again almost no interaction.
  • Sleep
  • Waiting for rescue
  • Being transported in helicopter
  • And on, and on, and on

The flight part of Typhoon can only come highly recommended, even if there are some bugs that need to be corrected.

But what really needs to be done is the addition of a different mission selection/planning system, in this respect TACTCOM is such a shining example that I just have to mention it again, the ability to either choose a campaign AI generated mission, for those who cant be bothered to plan their own missions, or enter the easy to use mission planner and plan almost every thing relating to the mission, boy was that good.

If DID was ever to release a graphically updated EF2000+TACTCOM I would buy it in a second.

Why are there so many negative posts about Typhoon here, I think it is all about the huge amount of people who are loyal DID fans, and just want more of a good thing, and Typhoon is so close, but I want to decide what to attack next

And Steve it´s a while since I have seen any posts from you, we are with you 100% keep up the good work, imagine if nobody cared about Typhoon. We all care.

#561007 - 06/13/01 10:52 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Add to the list better weapon models.

#561008 - 06/17/01 10:34 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please tone down the outrageous head-bob. I like to use the cockpit views but sometimes the head-bob makes it nigh on impossible. Look at TAW - exactly the right amount of head movement.

#561009 - 06/17/01 03:30 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
Tracer[formerly of CS] Offline
Tracer[formerly of CS]  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Howz:
Please tone down the outrageous head-bob. I like to use the cockpit views but sometimes the head-bob makes it nigh on impossible. Look at TAW - exactly the right amount of head movement.

What do you expect with an arcade shooter? obviously too much Quake3 time...

Seriously though, i agree it's slight Over-the-top! You tend to be looking more at the dash than through the HUD. floppy head syndrome like Bill & Ben lol.

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second hardest thing known to man.........the first is landing!"

#561010 - 06/17/01 03:46 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
Tracer[formerly of CS] Offline
Tracer[formerly of CS]  Offline

1)Ability to crash-land a damaged Typhoon at an Airfield *without it exploding all the time and the pilot ending up in hospital!* (RE: TAW/F4 etc)?

2)Ability to fly CPU Generated Mission's ala EF2000/F4/TAW etc to eliminate this boring wait for a mission to be generated?

3)Visual "lock/shoot" cue on the HUD

4)ability to carry Air-to-Air weapon's on Ferry missions that carry you across enemy territory(the amount of time's your CPU pilot's engage -say a Mig-29 at 30 odd miles away with *just* gun's whilst on a Ferry is ludicrous)

5)Ability to select a combination of A/A & A/G weapon's on a CAP -i know it's so that you don't mess with the parameter's of the campaign...but it would be fun to carry a few A/G weapon's on a CAP just for the odd 1-2 tank's heading toward's your base!

6)Full *visual* control of the Smart viewcam whether in the plane or at base waiting such as:

Cycle plane's view or lock onto subject view cam

There are **NO** ground target/vehicle view cam's either. This would me nice implimented.

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second hardest thing known to man.........the first is landing!"

[This message has been edited by Tracer[formerly of CS] (edited 06-17-2001).]

#561011 - 06/22/01 11:49 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
TheJedi Offline
TheJedi  Offline

I want my patch, now!

Has anyone an idea if rage will come out with a new patch soon?

They should at least be able to fix some major bugs... Why is it, that F22 ADF has no problems at all with usb sticks with throttle, while Typhoon still doesn't recognize my throttle??? Ahhhhhhhh....!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.