Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#560985 - 06/09/01 08:31 PM **Patch Wish List**  
Blond_Knight Offline
Blond_Knight  Offline

Ive enjoyed the game since I received it on wed., however there are a few things Id like to see patched or addon'ed.

1. USB stick/throttle fix.
2. Support higher res w/o loss of target diamond.
3. Fewer cinematics, more gameplay.
4. A EF2K style mission planner.
5. Target exterior view.
6. Manual countermeasures/ECM activation.
7. HUD weapon range bar.

I think the idea to simplify has been a success, it has a very good "Top Gun" feel that sometimes gets lost in F-18 or F4 as your trying to remember if its better to use 4 bar or 2 bar scans. But I feel its needs a few tiny things to have serious staying power.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#560986 - 06/10/01 12:53 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Blond_Knight:

5. Target exterior view.
7. HUD weapon range bar.

8. Co-op multiplayer campaign

As it stands Typhoon is on the shelf awaiting the USB fix (the current version of directX 8.1 doesn't fix it BTW), but without a Co-op campaign Typhoon will be a play it through once and then sell it on experience.

Pretty disapointing given that EF2000 was playable for years because of that one feature alone.

#560987 - 06/10/01 01:16 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

5. Target exterior view.
7. HUD weapon range bar.
---------------------------

8. Co-op multiplayer campaign
---------------------------

9. Better cockpit.
10. Stick files for newer sim pilots.

[This message has been edited by Coffee1 (edited 06-09-2001).]

#560988 - 06/10/01 03:43 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

please add to the list ,

a full proper mission builder / editor - AGE alike would be nice , or how about the one that Rage used to do the game ???

OH Steve pretty please with sugar on top !

Also smarter smart cameras , more controllable views to follow actions of AI planes please !

Also would like smart cam to be full screen not letter box view please !

Ability to fly for the russians , and fly all planes in single player , and i dont care about the flight models , just the exterior 3d models will suit me just fine -
got the idea from that - mig29 / bug /anomoly save game file - in the other thread cool

Lastly better supply and troop drops - would like to see 50 paratroopers drop from each plane not 3/4 please !

Thankyou

#560989 - 06/10/01 09:36 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

*All stuff already mentioned especially FULL USB joystick support, ie. rudder and throttle*
*More detail on other planes
*Better graphics on ground explosions and actual ground detail, better gun impact detail etc.
*actual ejection graphics and view rather than an instant parachute
*Small but important details such as the engine glow dissapearing on the flyby
*LOWER THE WAITING TIME!!!! IT JUST FILLS IN FOR MISSING GAMEPLAY!!
*That waiting time really is pathetic....
*Just because you're giving it a more arcade approach doesn't mean you can get lazy

#560990 - 06/10/01 09:55 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
otto2 Offline
otto2  Offline

Duesseldorf,Germany
At Coffee:
Why don t you ask here for the files?
Got some for a TM F22PRO & TQS . Other users would surely be glad to offer you theirs?!

#560991 - 06/10/01 12:10 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey otto

Thanks but I don't need them myself. Just thinking about the new pilots that are getting their feet wet in Typhoon. Might make it easier for them if they find a file for thier stick on the EFT disc.
Cof

#560992 - 06/11/01 03:56 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
Blond_Knight Offline
Blond_Knight  Offline

Am I alone in thinking that the game "as-is", sometimes doesnt want or need your input? ie to fly? I mean WHEN I get to fly its fun, but if I want cinematic movies I'll play an RPG.
Unless this is altered/patched/modded, I dont see the game having real staying power. AND Im afraid things will really start to get nasty when this title is released mainstream here in the the States.

------------------

#560993 - 06/11/01 05:44 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey!.....a wide cockpit view just like in Flanker2 and Falcon4, kindly put dat n' da patch list!

[This message has been edited by skooter (edited 06-11-2001).]

#560994 - 06/11/01 05:45 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

To Blond_Knight,

I`ll be checking Typhoon out this week.
I`ll have to judge on what it was billed as, but not without critique. Like any other sim to date it no doubt will require a fix of some sort. So I`m with you on the on this line of thought......Staying power.
I hope there is potential for that feature, but by the sounds of it do really think so?
It`s nice to think that any Dynamic Campaign could or should be improved upon.
What is your opinion for Typhoon right out the box?....Cheers.

Boxcar

#560995 - 06/11/01 09:41 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
GrahamD Offline
GrahamD  Offline

Loughton, Essex, UK
In EF2000 was it CTRL S or SHIFT S for time jump to next event. In Typhoon, perhaps you could time jump to next pilot pop-up.

[This message has been edited by GrahamD (edited 06-11-2001).]

#560996 - 06/11/01 01:08 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
Blond_Knight Offline
Blond_Knight  Offline

Its funny Boxcar, its almost like ET doesnt know what it wants to be; hardcore or simplified. The avionics are super simple, even by EF2000's standard. But the flight model "feels" right , but w/o enough drag I believe. And the damage model really seems to be extensive.
The game seems to be geared to make knifefights the norm rather than BVR fights because your Meteor BVR missles dont seem to be inclined to hit their target except under very low aspect conditions...which is OK by me.
Somebody said it best in here somewhere when they said:'I dont have to worry about working the aircraft, but can concentrate on what Im supposed to be doing.'
And flying IS alot of fun, its unfortunate though that you seem to spend more time watching someone playing pool, or sitting in a briefing, than you actually get to fly.
You have six pilots, when theyre dead your out. In fact as the game progresses, and you have fewer and fewer pilots, for me its like I dont get to enjoy landing the mission Im flying because someone else has stumbled into an ambush and I have to try and save him. I know that sounds like a contradiction to not flying enough, but its almost like I feel like a babysitter instead of a pilot.
I would much rather have a F4 style frag order; choose the mission you want, alter it however you see fit, and when you click FLY the clock speeds up to allow you to start your mission in a reasonable period of a few seconds...instead of twenty minutes sitting in front of your PC...waiting.
The campaign is fun, the flying and fighting are fun, but like Tom Petty said:"The waiting is the hardest part" There's just too damn much waiting in this game. If Rage doesnt fix this before they hit the shelves here in the US, things will get VERY nasty in here in short order Im afraid.
Thats just my opinion.

------------------

#560997 - 06/11/01 04:30 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

A few more.

1. Need to be able to see when radar is silent without having to go through the comms

2. Rivers and bodies of water need to have some kind of bank or 3d affect to them. Rivers look 2d.

[This message has been edited by Coffee1 (edited 06-11-2001).]

#560998 - 06/11/01 08:48 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rudder control would be a BIG plus for me, and a "shift-S" a-la TAW would go down well too...

Cheers

Norb

#560999 - 06/12/01 02:31 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Norb:
Rudder control would be a BIG plus for me, and a "shift-S" a-la TAW would go down well too...

Cheers

Norb

What does Shift-S do?
Coffee

#561000 - 06/12/01 11:48 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skip to next event...

HTH

Norb

#561001 - 06/13/01 01:22 AM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
Uroboros Offline
Uroboros  Offline

Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Norb:

Cheers

Norb

According to Steve the skip to next event feature (shift-S); is not possible in Typhoon. I can see why though.

How exactly would you keep track of everything that might happen between events? Every object in the game gets moved some point on it's waypoint path, ignoring any interaction that might take place in between?
If those things are important to the structure of the campaign, then you can't ignore them.

Could have something to do with resource management which TAW did not have.

#561002 - 06/13/01 06:41 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking though various posts it seems either:

a) Missions should be geerated on a contiuous basis (arcade-style)

or

b) You must have a genuine involvemnt, that gives you something else to do during the time between missions (i.e. a strategic interest in planning them!).
Assuming that you cant skip to next event ("shift-S") then really the only way to rescue the gameplay would to give you a *whole* lot more control over the air-war as it develops.

People wouldnt mind playing in real-time, provided they can decide when to go and have a bash at that aribase/tank platoon etc.

For example, what about modelling the role of an air commander (more than 6 pilots please!)- free to plan + carry out missions as you wish?

The whole Map interface + mission assignment needs to be re-done: then this game really would be fantastic

This is meant to be a 'fun-sim'...In the time between missions I could have learnt the key commands to Falcon4 !

For the moment I'm shelving but not dumping Typhoon.

Chris

P.S. Hardly a demanding requirement... anyonne remember AV8B-Harrier for PC/Amiga. Similar type of environment with a small task-force attacking an island (Timor, not Iceland !) with harriers on your carrier. The crux of the game was that you could actually plan every ship, tank, troop and plane movenet yourself. Real-Time-Strategy and flight-sim in one. Because of the limited number of aircraft you had *so* much more incentive to look after your pilots than any bunch of tacky cut-scenes can provide! If anyone at Rage is reading this, go and dig out an old copy (heck i'll post you mine!)and think what could be done on a modern PC!

#561003 - 06/13/01 07:05 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  
Blond_Knight Offline
Blond_Knight  Offline

Steve, I sure hope your reading this, and plan on implementing some of the features we're talking about. Im sure that you build games for love of the hobby, and ofcourse as a job. But please try to make your Higher-ups understand that if EFT is released as-is in the US, the proverbial sh!ts gonna hit the fan, and sales will quickly go into the toilet.
Really all we're asking for are some of the great features that you included in EF2K. And since we usually have more money than sense, most of us will, if not for free PAY for a TACTCOM style addon.

------------------

#561004 - 06/13/01 08:08 PM Re: **Patch Wish List**  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

As regards shift-S, here is a suggestion...
there is already a Shift-T function (Which is nice at times to watch the campaign in the background) however, there must (mustn't there?) be some sort of time quantisation as to the state of the 'gameiverse' and calculations are performed to move from the current 'time slice' to the next. Hence, speeding up the calculations and not pausing for the real world to catch up could present an acceptible solution. There is a processing hit in displaying the lovely 3D graphics, and I believe that a black screen with 'SKIPPING TO NEXT EVENT' with a shift-T churning as fast as the processor will allow will still speed things up compared to the current shift-T

My 2p'worth - but could it work steve?

Cheers

Norb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.