Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#559279 - 05/18/01 12:36 PM Game questions...  
Uroboros Offline
Uroboros  Offline

Brooklyn, NY
Steve (since you wrote the game what would cuase the AI to set up a mission and then cancel it before the mission begins? Have the target(s) that the mission was planned for been taken out?

In one mission where I was tasked to take oout some tanks and was able to take out a few before I decided to just abort the mission and not risk myself and my plane.

One of my other pilots (who until this point was sleeping); was tasked for an interdiction mission. I forget if this was tasked before or after I aborted..but on my way home the mission was cancelled and he went back to sleep.

Guy's got the life that pilot

Also sometimes I hear the female voice say

"wingman down"

Once I had assumed it was MY wingman..but I noticed it wasn't (one time my wingman was fine, another time I did not have one). Who is she refering to? Just someone else's wingman in the game world??

And finally; am I dreaming but do the F5 and F6 key (and possibly F1) actually change the camera view during Smart Views?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#559280 - 05/18/01 12:48 PM Re: Game questions...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

How many Strike pilots did you initially select from the list? If there aint enough to fly the scheduled missions, they'll get cancelled, or a more important mission may appear... or as you said the target may have been taken out by another sortie.

That's how I reckon it works.

The wingman down bit can also relate to a member of your package, not just your actual wingy.

------------------
\:\)

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site.
http://www.hengist.co.uk/MiGAlley

#559281 - 05/18/01 03:19 PM Re: Game questions...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Yer - either a more important mission. The territory has been re-captured. Or there is no suitable target for that mission.

The target assignment is done at the planning stage you see - so the mission is cancelled at that point if there's no target to hit.

Cheers,

Steve

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.