Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#559183 - 05/19/01 07:53 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Bush:
Aside from that , your point is right on the money. A Penguin should have a more significant effect. I don't know what the problem is with that situation.

This whole weapons thing is confusing for Leon and I. In general, we are not seeing many of the problems that other are reporting. It may be that some people are firing out of parameters, but that can't be the whole story. Whatever the answer is, we would like to find it.

I recon you've got the build before us, and our release build was tweaked.

The version I've got was compiled on 30th March 2001 - which I think is quite a while after you got your copy.

Cheers,
Manteau

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#559184 - 05/19/01 07:55 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Badboy:
I don't think so Cat, Andy and I were given copies of the Gold Master, that's the version the production copies that you have were made from.

My copy was compiled on the 30th March 2001 - I don't think yours was.

Cheers,
Manteau

#559185 - 05/19/01 08:29 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Manteau

Thanks for the tip. Leon is checking now to see if we have a different version of the game. As soon as we get an answer, we'll let you know.

Andy

#559186 - 05/19/01 08:46 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Manteau

Thanks for the tip. Leon is checking now to see if we have a different version of the game. As soon as we get an answer, we'll let you know.

Thanks - anyway, according to Hengist (well, his campaign, I don't seem to be doing that well in mine) it should finish soon.

There's no denying I've enjoyed the game - it's just I think it could be improved for the better.

Cheers,
Manteau

#559187 - 05/19/01 09:09 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Tracer[formerly of CS] Offline
Tracer[formerly of CS]  Offline

Ok been away for several hours playing/testing
Andy i wasn't being abnoxious i was merely trying to keep the thread open rather than this "weapon parameter" reply from you as an (incorrect) answer to our problem's.

I have tried Badboy's GBU theory on SAM/AAA site's and they do indeed score i direct hit first time- for me anyway.
Thanks for that Badboy

I have however come across another problem whilst using the GBU's.......I had to destroy a Hanger on a interdiction mission,(precision bombing or so i thought?)

I loaded up with 2 GBU's and flew out to the target. I had loaded up with 6 Brimstone's as protection against Airfield defences that and to try Steve's 2-3 shot's per tank/SAM/AAA Well i locked onto the first two SAM site's with the Brim's -result two direct hit's *zero* kill though

Then i saw my target marked by a Green "X".....could i lock on to it?! Could i bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!! (only dumb bomb's for a Plane that carries GBU's but can't target a bloody thing with them with no designator!!) i know it said ground forces would laser target's but.........ah to hell.. so i dropped them on the remaining AAA/SAM.

Anyway, i about turned and locked/fired the same two previous target's that i had hit earlier with the Brim's and low and behold One blew up and the other didn't....so quick about turn and locked the last one again and BOOM it went!

So Steve's theory was proven; 2-3 hit's to kill ground target's. Hallelujah!!

I can, at last, work around this problem now..i have to be more frugal with my target's and forget about "spraying" a dozen Brimstone's all over the place.

This *at present* makes the campaign a helluva lot harder! than it already *IS*
But i'm enjoying it again which is what i wanted........phew.

I just hope i can last out!

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second hardest thing known to man.........the first is landing!"

#559188 - 05/19/01 09:10 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Uroboros Offline
Uroboros  Offline

Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Manteau

Andy

Now if turns out your copy is the same (weapon wise) then ours; do we still get to blame the game?

I think we have to accept that the weapons in the game have been tweaked and made less effective as a gameplay issue. Right or wrong. BUT if Andy and Leon have the same game as the rest of us (and are having better results) ; then there are ways the weapons have to be used to get them to be efffective. It just won't be the exact way it would be in real life so don't think that way.

[This message has been edited by Uroboros (edited 05-19-2001).]

#559189 - 05/19/01 09:23 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cat,

>> Answer-the game's arbitrarily deciding who lives and who dies

That could be just about right, I had the same impression. I checked that some days ago, but was too confused with the result to mention it in my review. Two sea Monster missions, first mission six shots-six hits. Second mission six shots - one hit. Same delivery technique, same altitude, same range and yes, weapons view showed all targets hit spot on.
Maybe for gameplay reasons, the player shall not kill too many sea monsters because certain invasion starting conditions need to be met ? Could be I'm totally in the wrong movie regarding this, but hmmmm, well....

Pollux

#559190 - 05/19/01 10:20 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Badboy Offline
Badboy  Offline

UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Tracer[formerly of CS]:
Ok been away for several hours playing/testing
Andy i wasn't being abnoxious i was merely trying to keep the thread open rather than this "weapon parameter" reply from you as an (incorrect) answer to our problem's.

Andys answer was spot on. If you miss the target it is almost certain you have launched outside that weapons parameters. It is not as simple as getting inside the range bar. You have known me a long time Tracer, when have I ever been wrong about this stuff?

Quote:
I have tried Badboy's GBU theory on SAM/AAA site's and they do indeed score i direct hit first time- for me anyway. Thanks for that Badboy

Youre welcome.

Quote:
So Steve's theory was proven; 2-3 hit's to kill ground target's. Hallelujah!!

Two hits work every time for me!

Quote:
This *at present* makes the campaign a helluva lot harder! than it already *IS*
But i'm enjoying it again which is what i wanted........phew.

We have come along way since those days on the Falcon3 ladder, but it is good to see you are having just as much fun as ever Perhaps now you are enjoying it you can cut us a little slack

Badboy

#559191 - 05/19/01 11:50 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Cat Offline
Egyptian Mau
Cat  Offline
Egyptian Mau
Hotshot

Somewhere....over the Rainbow
Quote:
Originally posted by Pollux:

...and yes, weapons view showed all targets hit spot on.
Pollux

Thanks, Pollux.

Leon? I'm not the only one seeing this. It's not just a delivery profile thing!

Miao, Cat

Miao, Cat
#559192 - 05/20/01 05:36 AM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sigh...

[This message has been edited by Kurt Plummer (edited 05-20-2001).]

#559193 - 05/20/01 10:40 AM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat:
Thanks, Pollux.

Leon? I'm not the only one seeing this. It's not just a delivery profile thing!

Miao, Cat

I've had this game less than a week, and I haven't stopped playing it for much of that time, but one thing is certain... When I came here and read these threads my success has increased dramatically.

I am now getting much better results with the weapons... Thanks for all these helpful messages, the game is great, I just didn't what I was doing.

I think others would improve also, if they played the game for longer than they spent whining about it.

Prune

#559194 - 05/20/01 02:00 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Tracer[formerly of CS] Offline
Tracer[formerly of CS]  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Badboy:
We have come along way since those days on the Falcon3 ladder, but it is good to see you are having just as much fun as ever Perhaps now you are enjoying it you can cut us a little slack

Badboy

Wooooaaa! hold your horses Badboy!!
I think we have crossed line's here?

*we* never played on the F3 ladder....sure i own F3 but i never played it online.

this look's like a doppleganger scenario here?

I have been Tracer on CombatSim for all of 4 1/2 year's. When i moved here i (automaticaly) changed my handle to Tracer[formerly of C(ombat)S(im)] so that people from there would recognise me here.

I may have "bumped" into you over there as CS? but i can't remember being on personal term's? Although i'm a friendly guy anyway
(but i'm married ok!) {just a joke friend}

I admire your posts and have followed them since coming to SimHQ.

As regard's your last bit about "cutting some slack" sure , i found my answer from Steve Hunt's -ball's to the wall- brilliant admission about Brimstone's needing 2-3 hit's to take out tank/AAA/SAM.

Nigh on all my Brim's were hitting but i just wasn't getting an explosion and destroyed target Hence why all these "incorrect parameter's" thread's sprouted up everywhere,that just *added* to the confusion!
when in effect it was GAME CODE that was causing (most of) our frustration! and *not* our "shooting skills"....

So i'm happy as can be now

Cheers
Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second hardest thing known to man.........the first is landing!"

#559195 - 05/20/01 09:33 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Badboy Offline
Badboy  Offline

UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Tracer[formerly of CS]:
Wooooaaa! hold your horses Badboy!!
I think we have crossed line's here?

*we* never played on the F3 ladder....sure i own F3 but i never played it online.

Ok, my mistake! What are the chances of two flight sim' jocks from Scotland, both called Tracer... Obviously better than I thought

I'm going back to a time when there was a lot of online competition in Falcon3. I remember the Tracer I knew was so keen that he drove all the way down from Scotland to take part in a LAN meet at a USAF base where he was shot down relentlessly...

Back in those days I used to do three or four LAN parties a year... 8 player campaigns in EF2000 were a blast!

Those were the days... Gone but not forgotten.

Badboy

#559196 - 05/20/01 10:29 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

EF-t has a "flight model as close to the declassified simulation".
I concur with the comments of the others with grievances re the kill ratio of the fire and forget missles. I`m a little pissed off too having tried as many attack profiles as I can think of and end up having to fly throught the small arms/AAA to get a kill with these weapons. I bought this as its described as an evolved version of other DID titles... which seems to have lost a little in the process. The weapons within F22 were far more realistic in their envenlopes and effect, often with multiple hits being required. I too am shocked at the lack of manual content although I am looking forward to putting up a reinforced book case to hold my copy of the strategy manual and the 2015 edition of Janes BVR weapons sytems....... Thoroughly entertaining campaign which keeps the game(sim)immersive. Thank you for allowing game saves though, Oh and the RAF wont be able to afford the weapons to practice with if the pk ratio is as poor as "Eurofighter Typhoons" depicted. Officially endorsed eh?

#559197 - 05/21/01 06:54 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  
Mispunt Offline
Mispunt  Offline

The Netherlands
I'm frustrated by the dumbed-down Brimstones as well, but I fund them most effective when:

*you launch them halfway the rangebar (5 miles?)
*you don't fire all missiles at once but one per target (it SEEMS like when you fire more then 10 or so at once most just won't make it to the target, less missiles = more kills, I think anyway )
*turn around and come back to fire a second Brimstone per target....

that usually does the job....

hope it helps

Mispunt

#559198 - 05/21/01 07:07 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mispunt:
I'm frustrated by the dumbed-down Brimstones as well, but I fund them most effective when:

*you launch them halfway the rangebar (5 miles?)
*you don't fire all missiles at once but one per target (it SEEMS like when you fire more then 10 or so at once most just won't make it to the target, less missiles = more kills, I think anyway )
*turn around and come back to fire a second Brimstone per target....

that usually does the job....

hope it helps

Mispunt

Try using ASRAAMs against tanks - they're very effective - one hit = one kill.

And they've got a range of about 7 miles.

It's only via a bug in the game you can use them against ground targets, but the fact that they're better than Brimstones just shows something.

Cheers,
Manteau

#559199 - 05/21/01 09:34 PM Re: Question on fixing the weapon problems...  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by joelhume:
Andy, Steve, we arent here to bitch and moan, we just see it that if this one small area of the game was slightly tweaked it would make this otherwise excellent game much less frustrating.

Wrong...
Many of you punks are here to get anal over the range of a brumweiser, or what the **** the name is...
You guys think playing around with eFalcon is knowledge and reason enough to start arguing with guys who have flown the real thing...

I like a good game, I also like my game to be improved and patched if buggy, but shite like this thread is simply to stupid..

Erhmm....
OK then... count me amongst the stupid...

Lars "da Blond Bomb" Birkemose

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.