Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#558946 - 05/16/01 08:34 AM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Just to say that the EF-2000 thing will never happen. Just too many complications - as mentioned elsewhere, I don't think we even own it anymore. That's not me being -ve, it's just the way it is.

But I'm posting from another reason - the discussion so far has been mostly code related. One of the biggest jobs on a sim is the art work - just look at the differences in poly counts, animations and effects between a plane in EF2000 and a plane in Typhoon. If you did bang 3dream into EF2000 you find that it looks exactly the same!

Anyway - back to the add-on.....

Cheers,

Steve

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#558947 - 05/16/01 09:06 AM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
VolkerB Offline
VolkerB  Offline

Ilvesheim, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Lars Birkemose:
Arghh.... is that a fact !!!
Then my life must end...
(taking out _real_ big knife and stabbing away on own torso)
Ydrkk... arghh... sigh... ahhsg..

Bimo
(it all ends here)

hehehe,

take it easy, Bimo, they obviously don't know you

#558948 - 05/16/01 10:29 AM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
Manteau,
I can move the mouse, and use some programmes while Typhoon is running...It's quite usefull in a window...exept I lost the window first time.....it hid in the corner and defied all atempts to drag it into the middle of the screen I was then clicking around like a demented little man, when it went back to where it should be!

------------------
If it aint bust, you haven't played with it enough!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#558949 - 05/16/01 11:18 AM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
virus Offline
virus  Offline

Italy
It should be very beautiful.
Ef2000 was a very beautiful simulation i should have preferred a ef2000 with Typhoon graphic that is very beautiful and fluid.

Typhoon is a funny game but itisn't a simulation and many of us here loves hardcore simulations as Falcon4 or the old ef2000 so we can ask Rage a parallel Typhoon Simulation for simmers or a game with more options as Falcon4 that can be very simple with no-realism options but very difficult and real with all the options turned on.
Definitively is very difficult that our requests will be accepted but we can hope f and we can also ask for that to be accomplished.

------------------
Vincent "Virus" Di Micco

Vincent "Virus" DThe

#558950 - 05/16/01 11:19 AM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
virus Offline
virus  Offline

Italy
It should be very beautiful.
Ef2000 was a very beautiful simulation i should have preferred a ef2000 with Typhoon graphic that is very beautiful and fluid.

Typhoon is a funny game but itisn't a simulation and many of us here loves hardcore simulations as Falcon4 or the old ef2000 so we can ask Rage a parallel Typhoon Simulation for simmers or a game with more options as Falcon4 that can be very simple with no-realism options but very difficult and real with all the options turned on.
Definitively is very difficult that our requests will be accepted but we can hope f and we can also ask for that to be accomplished.

Hope to fly in a real Typhoon over iceland (or Scandinavian) skies.

------------------
Vincent "Virus" Di Micco

Vincent "Virus" DThe

#558951 - 05/16/01 01:25 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hunt:
Hi,

Just to say that the EF-2000 thing will never happen. Just too many complications - as mentioned elsewhere, I don't think we even own it anymore. That's not me being -ve, it's just the way it is.

But I'm posting from another reason - the discussion so far has been mostly code related. One of the biggest jobs on a sim is the art work - just look at the differences in poly counts, animations and effects between a plane in EF2000 and a plane in Typhoon. If you did bang 3dream into EF2000 you find that it looks exactly the same!

Anyway - back to the add-on.....

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

I agree with your comments, and have no doubt whatsoever that Typhoon will be enhanced with future add-ons, and Im sure it will be a success !!!

Read the Breaking News !!!!....

- BREAKING NEWS: G2Interactive has signed an agreement with Infogrames for
the licensing rights for none other than FALCON! Read their press release and find out what the future holds for one of the most influential simulations in history.

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/news/docs/g2interactive.shtml

I wonder, if Rage/ DID will take note , now that 'Falcon V' is now being worked on ???

This new sim is being geared up for beginners AND advanced simmers !!!! , and will no doubt they will work alongside rhe eFalcon team / 3rd party teams who have kept the Falcon series flight sims going since Falcon 4.0 was dropped by Hasbro !!!

Now, how about Typhoon 2.0 ???/ with realism upgrade / expansion pack, so that this new excellent Typhhon sim will be up there with the best , instead of JUST being a sim 'lite' which it is now....

Typhoon is the future, and has the potential , to be up there with the best......

But it needs more options for realism / harcore , so that you can grow with the sim....

Watch out for Falcon 5 !!!! and Typhoon 2 !!!

#558952 - 05/16/01 01:29 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator

Hotshot

St Charles, MO

[This message has been edited by Andy Bush (edited 05-16-2001).]

#558953 - 05/16/01 01:37 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wahoooo Andy,!!!!!!!!!

youre listening..... !!!

get those enhancements on the way !!!

#558954 - 05/16/01 02:19 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
Uroboros Offline
Uroboros  Offline

Brooklyn, NY
Personally I don't really want Typhoon to get totally "hardcore"; I guess we'll have Falcon5 for that. (actually I don't want Rage to think they should be under pressure to do that, when there are other things that they could focus there attentions on)

What I really think it's focus should be is in the campaign and how it interfaces with the player. And how the player interfaces with it.

I think Rage has already gone in the right direction with the first part by incorporating the scripted events into the dynamic campaign to throw some chaos into the mix. And also in forcing you to view your pilots more than just expendable cannon fodder. To me what's going on out there is just as important as what I'm doing in the cockpit..if not more. Give me a campaign that works and does a good job of pulling me in.

Next step though...more control over the campaign in the hands of the player.

And speaking of Falcon V..what is it going to be like; a year or more before that comes out? Especically if you're truly planning on making something you wish to call Falcon V (and according to the interview, they have high big plans for the sim). Maybe they'll be a Falcon 4 GOLD first to hold people over.

[This message has been edited by Uroboros (edited 05-16-2001).]

#558955 - 05/16/01 02:38 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interestingly enough, everyone seems to forget that Jane's F-15 was released as a Glide-only sim, but with the 1.17 patch integrated D3D support.

Gel214, I am sorry for you. You simply don't have a clue. It is obvious that Typhoon (which I own and enjoy very much) does not compete with sims like EF2000. Steve Hunt made this very clear from the beginning. Hard-Core simmers would not buy Typhoon anyway. It will sell regardless of hard-core sims on the market, because it is aimed at a different audience altogether. If Rage were to offer a neo-EF2000, it would represent very little effort (investment) and would result in a considerable profit. At the same time, it would not hinder sales of Typhoon, a different genre of game released in a different time-frame.

Next time think about it before mouthing off.

#558956 - 05/16/01 02:41 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Bush:

Stealthy Typhoons with slanted tails - nice.

I was under the impression those were in the game as it is (it was in the intro screen), but perhaps I'm wrong.

One of ICEFOR's reinforcements, perhaps ?

Cheers,
Manteau

#558957 - 05/16/01 03:38 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
tn_prvteye Offline
Captain Awesome
tn_prvteye  Offline
Captain Awesome

Nash'Vegas, TN, USA
Since I'm a yank and I'm still waiting to get my copy in the mail...

What is THAT thing?

A Typhoon with slanted tail? Didn't one of the EAP designs have twin fins?

Do you get to fly it?

The plot thickens...

"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
-Dwight D Eisenhower
#558958 - 05/16/01 04:03 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tn_prvteye:
A Typhoon with slanted tail? Didn't one of the EAP designs have twin fins?

The P.110 did have:

As did the ACA:

But the EAP didn't:

I think in the game it's an upgraded Typhoon, possibly with better weapons and stealthy (it's got a funny camo design).

Perhaps this is the "secret weapon" we can get?

Cheers,
Manteau

[This message has been edited by Manteau (edited 05-16-2001).]

#558959 - 05/16/01 04:12 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where can I fing more info about the P.110 or ACA? I have never heard of these planes before. Did they actually fly, or were they just mock-ups? Were they part of the Eurofighter program? I have heard of the EAP before, but never these two.

#558960 - 05/16/01 04:16 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Fishbed77:
Where can I fing more info about the P.110 or ACA? I have never heard of these planes before. Did they actually fly, or were they just mock-ups? Were they part of the Eurofighter program? I have heard of the EAP before, but never these two.

The P.110 was a British advanced fighter developement prototype - The ACA was a European initiative by Panavia (Tornado).

Both flew a couple of times in the 80s.

http://www.eurofighter.pso-online.com/Eurofighter/history_ie.html

Cheers,
Manteau

#558961 - 05/16/01 04:19 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Uroboros:
Personally I don't really want Typhoon to get totally "hardcore"; I guess we'll have Falcon5 for that. (actually I don't want Rage to think they should be under pressure to do that, when there are other things that they could focus there attentions on)

[This message has been edited by Uroboros (edited 05-16-2001).]

Uroboros,

I dont want Typhoon to be totally 'hardcore' either , but what a lot of people want is the ability to 'switch on' some realism options......and bung in some of the features that were in the original EF2000.
Eg detailed 2D cockpit with clickable options,Real Taxi-ing / Parking , More flexible smart-cam, Advanced HUD modes, etc...

Its a kind of hybrid , that I think is needed - a sim that not just accomodates new-comers ,but also the main-stream AND mainstream to Hardcore class. - Basically something is needed to increase in depth / realism to appeal 'a bit more' to the hardcore crowd .
I think thats what will make this sim a 90% + in the reviews , rather than the 65 % its already received.....

Look at the replayability in F4...and the Beginner / Rookie / Vereran / Ace modes which you can fly in.

F4 is VERY customisable,especially for more experienced players.... and thats whats missing from Typhoon....

You dont have to go completely Hardcore !!!

Take the best aspects from both Typhoon AND EF2000, combine them with some innovations... and make it even better, and hey...why not call it Typhoon 2 !!!

#558962 - 05/16/01 04:25 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
If I recall corectly.......we (Britain) could have had the EFA up and running about 8 years ago.....but they decided to keep the other countries around.....and look at what they did! delayed the programme by a few years, moan about costs, and then decide oops better shut up! The EAP flew at mach 2 and was more advanced than any other aircraft out there at the time....Britain could have had an advanced fighter ages ago......

------------------
If it aint bust, you haven't played with it enough!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#558963 - 05/16/01 04:26 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  
tn_prvteye Offline
Captain Awesome
tn_prvteye  Offline
Captain Awesome

Nash'Vegas, TN, USA
I knew that somewhere along the line there was a twin-fin a/c out there. I've got an old (well mid-80's old) recognition book that has the twin tailed ACA pictured...
Nice lookin' airframes...

So, Mr. Hunt, what IS this new Typhoon? HMMMMM?????

"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."
-Dwight D Eisenhower
#558964 - 05/16/01 04:32 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by valleyboy:
If I recall corectly.......we (Britain) could have had the EFA up and running about 8 years ago.....but they decided to keep the other countries around.....and look at what they did! delayed the programme by a few years, moan about costs, and then decide oops better shut up! The EAP flew at mach 2 and was more advanced than any other aircraft out there at the time....Britain could have had an advanced fighter ages ago......

Yeah, I agree.

Germany and Spain held up the project from 93-95 because of cost worries - although we can't talk now as the RAF aren't going to be putting cannons in the aircraft.

On the other hand, it's got some pretty sweet systems that are the result of consortiums, Euroject, the DASS system, the radar, etc.

Cheers,
Manteau

#558965 - 05/16/01 04:35 PM Re: D3D/OpenGL update/patch for EF2000 ver.2/EF2000 graphics+ PETITION  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

That information is 'need to know' only - sorry!

Steve

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.