Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#558192 - 05/09/01 11:20 AM Typhoon - more thoughts 'n' small bugs  
Yorkshire Tea Offline
Yorkshire Tea  Offline

Leeds, W.Yorks, UK
Hi all,

First off - a big cheer for Rage's customer support, the quickest response I've ever seen to an email (15 mins). Unfortunately, I'd already found a solution to the problem I'd emailed them about. Ho hum.

Well, despite my negative feelings towards Typhoon - I'm enjoying it. However, I feel a few random comments are in order?

1. How can a container ship turn trough 30 degrees in less than a second to dodge a missile?

2. Ships don't sink - they explode then disappear completely. 4 penguin hits may not kill them, but a few hundred cannon rounds will. Could we have some sinking animations, pretty please?

3. It can be very hard to tell a kill on a ground vehicle sometimes (as in real life I suppose). I wasted alot of Brimstones on a single Tunguska until I noticed it's radar had stopped tuning and 2 of its guns were pointing in the wrond direction on the FLIR display.

4. Saving, exiting then reloading a game resets cannon ammo to 1700 rounds on skill levels 1 and 2 - handy cheat that (not that I'd use it of course) Missiles aren't affected.

5. After prolonged play the centerline and flight path indicators keep disappearing from the HUD.

6. 600kts and the gear is still down, oops - lucky no damage...

7. Whoever sold all these crappy missiles to ICEFOR is in trouble, they were the weakest link, goodbye! I'd like to his something with a missile by the end of 2015

8. No status or location reports from wingmen.

9. More view options are needed on smartcam - it seems to have a Lynx helicopter fixation.

10. Intel - who writes the war reports? I've yet to see an accurate assessment of the number of ICEFOR fighters (e.g. 14:00 ICEFOR fighters = 3 - THERE ARE MORE THAN 3 IN THE AIR - sheesh, Journalists)

11. The wingbeciles are back. Great at A to A - lawndart at A to G.

12. Oh yeah, the best 'low-down, use the terrain' dogfighting in a sim so far - love it.

13. EBC - great idea, vague reporting. Day 1 11:30 - report on Norway and Poland being completely crushed, Day 1 16:00 - Report of Russian advance stalled at the Oder River, Polish and German forces counterattack. So did we get the earlier statement wrong then EBC?

14. Point 12 needs reiterating.

Finally, IMHO, the pilot sim idea would have been excellent if we had an entire squadron to play with - not just 6. At the moment I think UK PC Gamer's comments still stand - too much time spent in Smartview at accelerated time waiting for things to happen. Realistic, yes - fun, hmmmmm...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#558193 - 05/09/01 11:53 AM Re: Typhoon - more thoughts 'n' small bugs  
boshar Offline
boshar  Offline

the Netherlands
Not that good at geography but I think the Oder is in or near Germany (the border with Poland?). The retreated German and Polish forces are holding out near the river and are lauching counter attacks. Sounds reasonable to me.

The manual also states the news reports contain errors. The Typhoon sub Yeltsin wasn't having any problems when I let my penguins loose on her. It was launching cruise missiles at ICEFOR targets. It al adds to the immersion.

#558194 - 05/09/01 12:08 PM Re: Typhoon - more thoughts 'n' small bugs  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it did have a problem and that's why it was on the surface and not submerged.

------------------
\:\)

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site.
http://www.hengist.co.uk/MiGAlley

#558195 - 05/09/01 02:19 PM Re: Typhoon - more thoughts 'n' small bugs  
Yorkshire Tea Offline
Yorkshire Tea  Offline

Leeds, W.Yorks, UK
I must admit I loved the news report about the Yeltsin, moaning about the environmental damage it would do sinking a nuclear submarine. Someone had their priorities right there, obviously

I also like the 'Saboteur crashes UK mobile phone network' headline. Nice

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.