Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#557325 - 05/06/01 11:37 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, interesting. Mine's EFTPCBOXGB.

Still think that image is a stack of sh!t, though.

------------------
Mike Rovardi
BAE Systems Warton
Please note opinions expressed in my posts are my own and not those of my employer

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#557326 - 05/06/01 11:43 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SAS:
i would be happy to if you explain why?

[This message has been edited by SAS (edited 05-06-2001).]

AHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Saying you are a Troll is Slander!??

ROFLMAO!

Good lords where do you people come from!?

And this line is the killer!
"I admit my box may be defective"
ROFLMAO!

That image, by everyone's experience is a FAKE!

LORD how can you even TRY to defend it!??

It is not even the same logo that 3DFX uses on game boxes!
What website did you copy and paste it from???

Stop talking crap about suing people, because as it is RAGE, AND Nvidia should have you up on charges!
hahahahaha..

but I doubt they'll bother with a:
TROLL!

which is what you are, based on all the evidence and my experience.

Which is why I will now stop responding to you,as should everyone else.
*waves*
Ta ta!

-Gel

-Gel214th
#557327 - 05/06/01 11:44 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnet:
Ah, interesting. Mine's EFTPCBOXGB.

Still think that image is a stack of sh!t, though.

Mine's EFTPCBOXGB as well...

I still think that image is crap as well...

BTW - SAS - are you any good at writing device drivers, I've been trying to write some for a tape drive, and I haven't had much success - perhaps you could help?

Cheers,
Manteau

#557328 - 05/06/01 11:51 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've tried my hand at these little device driver shenanigans, and I can tell you, I wouldn't even consider doing it if my box art faking skills weren't up to scratch.

#557329 - 05/06/01 11:51 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that the game won't work on the Voodoo 3 despite what my box, which I am prepard to admit seems to be defective, says. I guess I will take it back and get my money back, though I will never buy a Rage product again.

Defective as in you printed out a logo you found on the internet and used prit-stick to stick it to the box and then scan it?

My my...

I wonder if there's anywhere that people like you hang out - it could be quite amusing...

Manteau

#557330 - 05/06/01 11:59 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

> I wonder if there's anywhere that people like you hang out

Think tongue, think mouth.

#557331 - 05/07/01 12:31 AM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry but that has got to be the worst attempt at photomontage that I have ever seen!

Personally, I think that the fact that the game does not work on one of the major graphics cards, in current use, *should* have been advertised.

Indeed, anally, one might have a case for arguing an *implicit* claim for compatability to 3dfx. If, someone was tragic enough to make a legal point of this then I suggest the balance would, probably, be in favour of he customer.

However, I am prepared to accept that minor (and temporary) compatability issues with a card that has no official support are not unreasonable.

*BUT* Knowlingly releaseing a product that will not work for a large number of inteded customers (who had a reasonable and genuine beleif that the product was functional) is bordering on deception. Im sure this was not Rage's intent- lets see.

SAS- fiddling about with photoshop/mspaint does not clarify an argument!!

Cheers

#557332 - 05/07/01 03:32 AM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gel214th:

I don't think that any game that has been released in the last three months that require Direct X 8 and makes extensive use of Hardware T&L has run on Voodoo 3s and under without some sort of Artifacts and graphics anomalies.

Most readme.txt files for recent games state some sort of incompatibility with some voodoo chipset or the other.

It really IS time to upgrade guys...

Well thanks , i have a voodoo 5 in the post !

How about some hard evidenc that we 3dfx owners are suffering ??

Becoz we hard done by 3dfx ers are enjoying and playing our games & sims - no problemos thanks !

I own most games bar none - i have no problemos !

The typhoon problem is a lock up bug rather than an easy to dismiss / pontificate upon incompatibility coz the 3dfx card is dead blah blah !

BTW last beta drivers released were feb 2001 - dx8 compatible - oh so dead is the card & support & game problems !

oh how we 3dfx card owning gamers do suffer -give me a break !

IF YOU KNOW NOT OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT - PLEASE BE QUIET !

do you own a 3dfx card ?
are you talking from recent experience ?

would i dare rubbish a nvidia card or gforce card or its game support - NO - becoz i have never owned one , & have NO experience of gaming on these cards !

Thankyou !

#557333 - 05/07/01 03:59 AM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
vonManstein Offline
vonManstein  Offline

Portugal
LMAO

That is way too funny.

#557334 - 05/07/01 06:18 AM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
Silverswift Offline
Silverswift  Offline

Milwaukee WI
Alrighty! To sum it up, "3dfxboy" hates Eurofighter & loves Voodoo 3s. I think we got it already! Ohh yeah, SAS, your an a$$hole, and you can take that to court. "SAS", what a joke! You wouldn't last ten minutes in the company of SAS men, with the attitude you've displayed here. And this is coming from a former US Army Ranger (4 years at 3rd bn, Operation "Just Cause" & a 3 week training exercise with the SAS in Sculthorpe England, 1989)
And to you, Fishbed77, chill out until you get the damn game, why don't you! And stop crying. although, I did laugh out loud when I read this from you: "Steve, you promised me this wouldn't be another "Nations"-style fiasco. Please tell me this still holds true." Funny stuff! Like this is playing out in a soap opera or something! "Please, please! Tell me it isn't true! Please tell me the game will work on my system." Haa, haa! Too funny. Perhaps you should edit that post; it makes you appear effeminate.

[This message has been edited by Silverswift (edited 05-07-2001).]

Quad 9650 *
2 WD 160GB SATA, Raid 0 *
Two GTX 295, in quad *
*all water cooled by Koolance
8GB Corsair DDR3 @1600mhz
ASUS Striker 790i NSE
28" HannsG LCD
Audigy X Fi Fatal1ty Edition
1000kw Enermax PSU
Klipsch 5.1 Ultra
#557335 - 05/07/01 09:10 AM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Manteau:
Mine's EFTPCBOXGB as well...

I still think that image is crap as well...

BTW - SAS - are you any good at writing device drivers, I've been trying to write some for a tape drive, and I haven't had much success - perhaps you could help?

Cheers,
Manteau

Hang on you slander me, Insult me by claiming I faked a photo (Which for the last time I didn't) and you expect me to help you with writting a device driver, yeah right!

As for the person who said 3DFX doesn't use that logo, I hate to burst you're bubble but Have a look at the Box for Delta Force 3 Land Warrior, I went down to my local store this morning to buy it and gee's whats that logo on the back of the box? Why it's the one on my Typhoon box.

#557336 - 05/07/01 10:24 AM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hang on you slander me, Insult me by claiming I faked a photo (Which for the last time I didn't) and you expect me to help you with writting a device driver, yeah right!

As for the person who said 3DFX doesn't use that logo, I hate to burst you're bubble but Have a look at the Box for Delta Force 3 Land Warrior, I went down to my local store this morning to buy it and gee's whats that logo on the back of the box? Why it's the one on my Typhoon box.

LOL - ever heard the word "Joke" ?

BTW, how did I "slander" you?

I'm going to give this up now - there's no point continuing IMHO, as it's getting childish.

If you can either prove to me by a realistic photo or the actual box, I will unreservedly apologise to you.

But I have always said "in my opinion that box is faked", so.... You might want to look up what slander means...

Cheers,
Manteau

[This message has been edited by Manteau (edited 05-07-2001).]

#557337 - 05/07/01 12:50 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 3dfxboy:
Well thanks , i have a voodoo 5 in the post !

How about some hard evidenc that we 3dfx owners are suffering ??

BTW last beta drivers released were feb 2001 - dx8 compatible - oh so dead is the card & support & game problems !

Thankyou !

Last drivers released by whom?
THere is no 3DFX company to officially develop drivers anymore..so who's making these 'drivers', and what assurance do you have that they will continue to do so? Or that they are fully compatible with the DirectX 8 spec?
Because someone with an email address says so?
Are those drivers Windows 2000 compatible? Will they work with Windows XP?

Secondly, what driver set should a developer making a game use?
The same one you're using...or one that another group brings out?

Here's a quote from Hostile Water's Readme file:"General Note: At the time of writing, 3dfx assets have recently been acquired by nvidia. It is not presently known if there will be further driver updates for any 3dfx Voodoo based products."
Here's one from Typhoon's readme file:
3DFX
----
Voodoo 2 - 3DFX has ceased support for DirectX7 Transform and Lighting applications for this card
Voodoo 3 - Drivers not yet fully DirectX7 compliant
Voodoo 5 - Drivers not yet fully DirectX7 compliant

Go yourself and check the troubleshooting section on EA.com , Interplay.com , and Infogrames.com arguably three of the larger distributors and see the areas that refer to increasing problems by owners of Voodoo cards with games nowadays. Everything from having to use low resolution textures, to lines across the screen, to artifacts on the screen, to having to turn off graphics features.

How do you support a card without a company behind it to call when you get a problem during development and want to check a certain feature set?

Would you have them call the individual creators of these 'beta' drivers?

You aren't being logical..instead you are speaking from a position of emotion and rank fanaticism.

It absolutely does not make sense for anyone to buy a new 3DFX Voodoo card with the current state of the market today.

And just check one of those recent games you claim to have, and tell me whether there are warnings for owners of graphics cards based on the Voodoo Chipset or not.

I would wager that there are.

You mention "rubbish Nvidia" cards. There are also the ATI Radeon cards, and now the Kyro II 64MB cards to choose from.

Ironically, it was Nvidia that Microsoft worked with to develop DirectX 8's features.

Features which your Voodoo card will never support, but newer cards by Nvidia, 3D Labs, and ATI will.

Expect to see games utilising these new features by the end of the year, and into 2002.

I was deeply disheartened when 3DFX was force to sell, and effectively shut down. But it happened...and now we must all move on.
*solemn look*
You really must get over it, 3DFXBoy.
They're gone.
And they're never coming back...

I honestly don't think you are able to respond rationally to any of this, but I felt I should at least explain my position on the matter.

-Gel
http://www.carigamer.com
Island Gaming At Its Best(tm)

-Gel214th
#557338 - 05/07/01 01:58 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Silverswift,
I feel sorry for you. I really do. I believe that human nature is basically good and that people, on the whole, are to be trusted. Obviously, you don't believe this. Apparently, at some point in your life, you were seriously hurt emotionally by someone, and this definitly destroyed your confidence. It also stripped away any trust in people that you had before.
You now feel like faith in a fellow human being is "effiminite," and is something to be mocked.

As I said, I feel sorry for you.

On a lighter note, I am still waiting anxiously for a brand new, shiny Typhoon to land on my doorstep any day now!

#557339 - 05/07/01 02:00 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Excuse me but that is THE REAL BOX as I will use in any legal action I take against Rage and YOU for libel in claiming I faked it.

Heh, I already had a good laugh with your preceding post, but the above claim sure made a gloomy Monday appear much better.

Thanks for cheering me up!

-Gecko

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 05-07-2001).]

#557340 - 05/07/01 02:12 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gecko:
Heh, I already had a good laugh with your preceding post, but the above claim sure made a gloomy Monday appear much better.

Thanks for cheering me up!

-Gecko
Those are the typical tactics of a Troll
At least this one seems to know what he/she is doing..and making it humorous

[This message has been edited by Gecko (edited 05-07-2001).]

-Gel214th
#557341 - 05/07/01 03:25 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Frankly I think it is appalling the way Rage cant support basic hardware. I cant get this sim to run on my system which is clearly shown as being supported (see link for scan).

http://www.geocities.com/typhoonstuff/boxscan.html

This, for me, is the last straw- I am taking the game staight back and never buying another Rage product.
(Unless they release Chuckie Egg-3dfx)

[This message has been edited by Chris_S (edited 05-07-2001).]

#557342 - 05/07/01 03:38 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
valleyboy Offline
valleyboy  Offline

Aberdare, Wales, UK
Yah, I think that it stinks that it don't support the BBC computers!

When does the Amiga version come out!

LOL!

------------------
If it aint bust, you haven't played with it enough!

"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
#557343 - 05/07/01 03:42 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL

ARE u hardcore simmers annoyed by that one little error in the game ?
Cant you see what u are destroying with
you ignorant voice crying out into the public.

3DFX is DEAD EAT THAT BASTA GAME OVER

A little common sense about PCs would help you guys to understand why the one or the other combo WONT work.

Instead of typing nonsense on this board you should UPGRADE your knowledge, followed by your Vidcard. YES BUY a NEW vidcard

For that poor guy waiting for his V5 to arrive in the post:

SEND IT BACK, Dont even open the box !!!

What do you expect ?

Nobody said that your milk stays fresh for 5 days as indicated on the box when you put in the sun THINK

COMMON SENSE dude..........

3dfx is dead

move on.............

Tb 214th

[This message has been edited by Thunderbolt 214th (edited 05-07-2001).]

#557344 - 05/07/01 05:24 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
Silverswift Offline
Silverswift  Offline

Milwaukee WI
You know, come to think of it, I was hurt emotionally one time. It was long ago. It was a girl named Jackal, but I digress. You crack me up! Fishbed, your the one of the three guys here who are constantly bitching about the game, but you don't even have your copy yet! While I can understand you being concerned as to whether or not a particular game that you ordered will run on your computer, you are going way overboard. You know, I bought Battle of Britain; damn thing would work good on my system, then I went to Windows Me & a GeForce Ultra and the game wouldn't work at all. I went to the BoB board to complain, and found the guys there to be very helpful. However, I ended up giving up on BoB. But, did I go back and troll the boards, saying what a piece of $hit BoB is? Of course not. I accepted my loss & patiently wait for a patch.
Now, I really don't understand how one game will work on a particular system, that meets it's requirement and another won't. I think that, and bugs are unacceptable. But, accept it we must; it is the nature of the beast. So, knowing that, we, as a paying, gaming community have the option to wait it out -see if the game will meet our personal requirements. I didn't do it with BoB and you didn't do it with ET-T. So sure, I agree, it would be F/Up if EF-T didn't work on your system, and I would like to hold Rage personally responsible, IF they directly advertised that it would work PERFECTLY on VooDoo 3 systems. But, I don't think that is the case. From what I've gathered, they require a card that will do DX7. Now the Voodoo 3 drivers can't do that. So, who's at fault now? You? 3dfx? or Rage? Maybe a little bit of all three. However, I don't think it's Rage's responsibility to tell you that the latest 3dfx drivers don't do DX7. Now, I preordered EF-T also. I did it before I did a whole lot of research (damn knee jerk reactions) Only after I clicked the magic button, did I realize the the cockpit didn't have real-time 3d MFDs. I don't like that. Probably not a game killer for me, considering all things, but it probable would've influenced my purchase decision. So, who's at fault? Me? Rage? Me of course! Now when I get EF-T, and I totally can't live with the MFDs, should I comeback here and bitch to high heaven? Of course not! It is my responsibility as a consumer to educate myself, not the manufacturer. Hell, I can scream out loud and stomp my feet all day on how less than perfect the computer gaming industry is, and so can you. But right now, buggy games are a fact of life and complex software/hardware interactions are far from reliable. So, knowing how crappy this computer gaming can be, and you pre-ordered a game without advance, real world feed back, if the game doesn't work for you, point that angry finger at yourself. But, hey! Since you don't have the game yet, save your bitching till you got something to bitch about!

[This message has been edited by Silverswift (edited 05-07-2001).]

Quad 9650 *
2 WD 160GB SATA, Raid 0 *
Two GTX 295, in quad *
*all water cooled by Koolance
8GB Corsair DDR3 @1600mhz
ASUS Striker 790i NSE
28" HannsG LCD
Audigy X Fi Fatal1ty Edition
1000kw Enermax PSU
Klipsch 5.1 Ultra
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.