Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#557305 - 05/06/01 09:36 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KenP:

I appreciate what Steve is trying to do in solving the problem, but that sort of legalistic response rubs me the wrong way.

Ken

A legalistic response is necessary when you have anal individuals such as SAS talking about Advertising laws, and parlimentary laws.

I would suggest to SAS that if he cannot back his claim that Voodoo support is expressly stated on the outside of the Typhoon package (and note I didn't mention anything about a website, or other publications) that he should look into Libel and Slander laws.

And again..its a shame about the problems with the Voodoo cards..but that is to be expected.

I don't think that any game that has been released in the last three months that require Direct X 8 and makes extensive use of Hardware T&L has run on Voodoo 3s and under without some sort of Artifacts and graphics anomalies.

Most readme.txt files for recent games state some sort of incompatibility with some voodoo chipset or the other.

It really IS time to upgrade guys...

------------------
-Gel214th
CO 214th Annihilators

http://www.214th.com/flanker2

[This message has been edited by Gel214th (edited 05-06-2001).]

-Gel214th
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#557306 - 05/06/01 09:59 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a scanned image of my Box corner, It's in Black and White cause my scanner broke and I had to use an old one from a friend

http://www.deltaforcecommand.org.uk/flashpoint/images/logos.jpg

------------------
Donald Marshall
http://deltaforcecommand.org.uk
For All Your Special Forces Game Needs.
http://flashpoint.deltaforcecommand.org.uk
For All Your Flashpoint Game Needs.

#557307 - 05/06/01 10:08 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

YAATAICMFP.

------------------
Mike Rovardi
BAE Systems Warton
Please note opinions expressed in my posts are my own and not those of my employer

#557308 - 05/06/01 10:33 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
stephenwhite Offline
stephenwhite  Offline

Macclesfield, Cheshire, Englan...
Well it certainly doesn't say 3Dfx on my box, as seems to be the case with everyone elses. Now, taking a close look at that image the 3Dfx logo looks really out of place. Did you sharpen that part of the image to make it stand out because it certainly doesn't look part of the box?

Steve White

#557309 - 05/06/01 10:46 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

As far as I'm concerned, that 3Dfx logo looks very faked.

The edges are all aliased, and pixelated, and are not blurred like all the other logos and text are.

Also, if you go and look for products with the 3Dfx logo on them, you find they use this one:

See the lower icon on the left.

Cheers,
Manteau

[This message has been edited by Manteau (edited 05-06-2001).]

#557310 - 05/06/01 10:51 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

[g]

Isn't that waht I said, Manteau? That logo smells fishier than the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble, as the expression goes.

Or Assassin's flight suit, once they've fished him out of the Atlantic. [g]

------------------
Mike Rovardi
BAE Systems Warton
Please note opinions expressed in my posts are my own and not those of my employer

#557311 - 05/06/01 10:51 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

HAHAhah!!
GODS!
You couldn't even make the logo TRANSPARENT before you pasted it onto the Box image?

And geez and ages man!

At least run it through a Smooth filter so it would look a LITTLE real.

What an amateurish job!

And to think you actually put your 'real' name on this post.

You've just lost all credibility dude..
You're nothing but a Troll.

Ciao.

-Gel214th
#557312 - 05/06/01 10:57 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnet:
[g]

Isn't that waht I said, Manteau? That logo smells fishier than the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble, as the expression goes.

Or Assassin's flight suit, once they've fished him out of the Atlantic. [g]

Fsking ROFL.

I guessed "YAATAICMFP" would mean something like that

That picture really does make me laugh - my 15 year old sister could do a better job of that.

In fact, if I didn't think SAS would do something stupid like use the image towards his rediculous claim, I'd show him how to do it professionally.

Cheers,
Manteau

#557313 - 05/06/01 11:09 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
tony draper Offline
Hotshot
tony draper  Offline
Hotshot

newcastle/united kingdom
All you people involved in the Nvidia/ voodoo/3dfx, wars over the years look up the word Hubris.

#557314 - 05/06/01 11:09 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

YAATAICMFP:
You Are A Troll And I Claim My Five Pounds.

Also, there's:
YAAT(OAI)EWICMFP
You Are A Troll (Or An Idiot), Either Way I Claim My Five Pounds.

[g]

------------------
Mike Rovardi
BAE Systems Warton

#557315 - 05/06/01 11:12 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excuse me but that is THE REAL BOX as I will use in any legal action I take against Rage and YOU for libel in claiming I faked it.

As stated in my Post The scanner is crap an old one that doesn't show the pic that well you should see some of the Pics I scanned tonight for family, very crap looking

It's pretty obvious that the game won't work on the Voodoo 3 despite what my box, which I am prepard to admit seems to be defective, says. I guess I will take it back and get my money back, though I will never buy a Rage product again.

as for that logo someone else posted I believe that is the old logo and the one on my Box is the newer one, that they used in the few months before there demise, but I could be wrong.

------------------
Donald Marshall

[This message has been edited by SAS (edited 05-06-2001).]

#557316 - 05/06/01 11:16 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

whatever a troll is I AM NOT ONE, that Is slander, and I will sue.

#557317 - 05/06/01 11:18 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SAS:
Excuse me but that is THE REAL BOX as I will use in any legal action I take against Rage and YOU for libel in claiming I faked it.

As stated in my Post The scanner is crap an old one that doesn't show the pic that well you should see some of the Pics I scanned tonight for family, very crap looking

It's pretty obvious that the game won't work on the Voodoo 3 despite what my box, which I am prepard to admit seems to be defective, says. I guess I will take it back and get my money back, though I will never buy a Rage product again.

as for that logo someone else posted I believe that is the old logo and the one on my Box is the newer one, that they used in the few months before there demise, but I could be wrong.

I'd stop digging yourself into a hole.

I've asked 8 people on IRC what they thought of the image, and without prompting, they said:

"the 3dfx logo was done in mspaint"

"pasted 3dfx logo"

The other logos look nice, so I don't see why that logo would be any different.

Cheers,
Manteau

#557318 - 05/06/01 11:20 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
stephenwhite Offline
stephenwhite  Offline

So how do you explain then that the logo looks completely different to the box scan quality? That scanner may be crap but surely it can't selectively scan the same image at different qualities?

Anyone can see that the logo you have shown is not part of the same scan of the box. Maybe we should sue you for false advertising. Unless of course you can give us a perfect explanation as to why it looks so 'dodgy'.

Steve White

#557319 - 05/06/01 11:21 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well gees could it be cause the scanner is crap.
Also I am rubbish at graphics work, I can barely draw a box let alone fake a picture of a box. If Rage send me there contact details then I will gladly send them the box and they can prove you wrong.

------------------
Donald Marshall

#557320 - 05/06/01 11:26 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rage Games Ltd,
Martins Bank Building,
Water Street,
Liverpool,
L2 3SP

Incidentally, there should be a code on the back of the box, under the barcode. Could you tell us what it is, please?

On second thoughts, maybe you should send it to Steve Hunt, I'm guessing he's on the development team rather than the publishing team. The developers can be found at:

Rage Games Ltd,
84 Sankey St,
Warrington,
WA1 1SF

There you go, SAS, all the details you need. Send it on, we await this with *great* interest.

[This message has been edited by Magnet (edited 05-06-2001).]

#557321 - 05/06/01 11:28 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  
stephenwhite Offline
stephenwhite  Offline

--Well gees could it be cause the scanner is crap.--

If it's selectively scanning the same image at different qualities then I would say it's far from crap - how much do you want for it?

--Also I am rubbish at graphics work, I can barely draw a box...--

You said it mate.

Steve White

#557322 - 05/06/01 11:29 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnet:
Rage Games Ltd,
Martins Bank Building,
Water Street,
Liverpool,
L2 3SP

Incidentally, there should be a code on the back of the box, under the barcode. Could you tell us what it is, please?

i would be happy to if you explain why?

I dont want anything cause it's not mine it belongs to a friend I think it was made in 90 or 91 as there are no new drivers for it that work after 3.11 I had to write them specially for ME/2K for him as a backup scanner.

[This message has been edited by SAS (edited 05-06-2001).]

#557323 - 05/06/01 11:34 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The code identifies the packaging type.

------------------
Mike Rovardi
BAE Systems Warton

#557324 - 05/06/01 11:34 PM Re: TYPHOON Warning To USA & worldwide 3dfx owners  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

okay it is eftpcboxuk

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Food Safety and Bad Roommates
by KRT_Bong. 04/04/24 02:16 AM
Incredible historical ironies
by PanzerMeyer. 04/03/24 01:56 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.