Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#557123 - 05/05/01 02:38 AM Ok, 12 hours flight time and my initial impressions.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now I seem to have resolved my X axis deadzone problems (see other post), I feel I can now make a quick comment for people still waiting to buy.

Janes F18E, F4 it certainly aint, but it never pretended to be.

It's a Lite sim as was USAF. However the difference is that it rocks compared to USAF.

So if your in the market for a Lite sim, bypass USAF and pick this up. The only thing that USAF did better was manual rudder control. I still can't perform High/Low YoYo's effectively without the rudder in Typhoon.

Typhoons saving grace (well so far for me that is), is it's campaign. I'm only a few missions into it, and I have to say that I'm quite enjoying it (Those that have known me over the years will know that I'd normally never say that about a Lite sim).

As for the other individual aspects/merits of the EF Typhoon... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it's a case of each to their own

So to summurise; It's definetly worth the 30 quid your gonna pay for it (Compared to USAF which is just a silly sim).

Ok I've said enuf

------------------
\:\)

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site.
http://www.hengist.co.uk/MiGAlley

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#557124 - 05/05/01 03:50 AM Re: Ok, 12 hours flight time and my initial impressions.  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Hengist

Excellent summation. I think you said it exactly right. The game is going to be a fun experience for some, perhaps many. It may not be for the folks that are looking for a F4 experience. On the other hand, they, too, may find the game has an appeal that has been pretty much missing up till now.

Andy

#557125 - 05/05/01 01:17 PM Re: Ok, 12 hours flight time and my initial impressions.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheers Andy,

My impression of USAF when I bought it was; What a piece of crap, although it did have possibilities should it have been patched/re-written/another version brought out.

Typhoon works straight out of the box and I like it

------------------

Hengist.

#557126 - 05/05/01 09:09 PM Re: Ok, 12 hours flight time and my initial impressions.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

*Hengist*,

So how did you fix your x-axis problem? - Plaes can you post it up so the other players with this can get it sorted.

Cheers,

Steve

#557127 - 05/05/01 11:20 PM Re: Ok, 12 hours flight time and my initial impressions.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steve,

I've already posted it in the original thread (I actually adressed it to you and other USB Saiteks owners) and also in another thread somewhere.

Here's the URL for the thread...

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/Forum48/HTML/000215.html

------------------

Hengist.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.