Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#556848 - 05/03/01 09:22 AM Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steve Hunt

Typhoon was delivered to me this morning. The installation went without problems (I didn't install DirectX 7.0 as it asked me to, since I have DirectX 8). I started the game, and the intro ran fine, but when I have to type my name in the Log-in menu, it wont type anything at all. It doesn't react when I press the buttons... Is this a known issue to you?

I have a Saitek X36 USB joystick, and recently I could run the software to it (Saitek Gaming Extensions), but after installing Typhoon I can't.

Please help me out... I'm in pain!

Plov

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#556849 - 05/03/01 09:49 AM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Plov,

Had this once a long time ago... Think it was a setup problem... I'll get back to you on that, but in the mean time I can forward you a player file that'll get you on your way.

Mail me at **************** and i'll forward you a personised player file.

Cheers,

Steve

[This message has been edited by Steve Hunt (edited 05-03-2001).]

#556850 - 05/03/01 10:03 AM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Plov,

Just done some digging. The bug is a DX8 input bug. It will be fixed in DX8.1 apparently which will be available next month. E-racer has had similar problems. I've got DX8 installed and Typhoon is fine, so it's not going to do this with everyone, must be setup related as well (possibly USB)

With the player file you will be able to play the game in full though (It just effects the login screen in Typhoon).

Cheers,

Steve

#556851 - 05/03/01 10:14 AM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks...

I've sent you a mail.

Plov

#556852 - 05/03/01 10:23 AM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Plov,

More info... you can download DX8a from microsoft.com - this should fix the problem.

Cheers,

Steve

#556853 - 05/03/01 11:42 AM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi again Steve

I dosn't work with DirectX 8.0a, but I haven't tried the file you've mailed me...

Plov

[This message has been edited by Plov (edited 05-03-2001).]

#556854 - 05/03/01 12:11 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahh yes the old Dx8 input bug, that happens in all my other sims...Not. It must be a Dx8 fault.. just like the 'see-through plane' Dx8 buffer fault, which incidently also happens in all my other sims... Not.

My rig is packing DX8a with a Saitek USB x35/6 combo. I do hope this aint gonna happen when I get my copy. I've also got a MS Sidey FF lurking somewhere in the house, I'll try that if it's related to USB.

Don't ya just love this hobby

------------------

Hengist.

Hengist's MiG Alley Site.
http://www.hengist.co.uk/MiGAlley

[This message has been edited by *Hengist* (edited 05-03-2001).]

#556855 - 05/03/01 12:43 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by *Hengist*:
Ahh yes the old Dx8 input bug, that happens in all my other sims...Not. It must be a Dx8 fault.. just like the 'see-through plane' Dx8 buffer fault, which incidently also happens in all my other sims... Not.

Yeah,

I've tried the Typhoon demo with three different graphics cards (Matrox G400, ATI Radeon and GeForce MX) and all do this.

It looks silly for the top of the wing to look no different from the bottom of the wing due to the pylons and weapons showing through.

I'm also using a USB joystick, and I hope this "DX Input" problem doesn't effect me - otherwise I might be taking the game back.

None of my other sims (or games) have these problems, so I don't see how it can be driver related.

Cheers,
Manteau

#556856 - 05/04/01 02:15 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steve,

Bought the game today rushed home and installed it and now I`m also having the same problem in that I cannot get anything typed into the log in box.
I am using the latest version of Direct X 8.0a also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by mariner (edited 05-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mariner (edited 05-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by mariner (edited 05-05-2001).]

#556857 - 05/04/01 02:34 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is your email, and i'll send you a player file.

Once past the login the problem goes away, despite other peoples opinion it is a DX8 input bug.

You could also try disabling your joystick, logging in, then re-enabling it. If this work let me know.

Cheers,

Steve

#556858 - 05/04/01 03:08 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

This file is going on our web site too. So look at http://www.rage.com if anyone else has the same problem.

Cheers,

steve

#556859 - 05/04/01 03:35 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  
Daveyraveygravey Offline
Hotshot
Daveyraveygravey  Offline
Hotshot

Sunny Sussex
I have to say BRAVO to Steve (and his colleagues) for organising this fix so quick...

Foot down, head down...
#556860 - 05/04/01 03:42 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would say bravo if they had a website that were not f***ed up by flash movies, which I can't either load or circumvent. Does anyone have a link of a page behind that intro?

Erm, make that Shockwave movies, anyway, it doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 05-04-2001).]

#556861 - 05/04/01 04:51 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi again Steve

The graphic problems continue! I've sent you a mail again describing my problems in detail.

To you all
Yesterday I played Typhoon for 5 hours or so with smooth graphics and no bugs (though I had that keyboard problem described in the first post in this topic).
Everything worked fine, until I was beating up the hovercraft. Suddenly their gun strafes became white instead of yellow, and some big white areas all around the screen also appeared. I could see through the plane (just like the Nvidia problem discussed earlier). I had a similar problem with the demo some time ago, but I downloaded the detonator 11.01 drivers, and everything worked fine.
I tried to restart Typhoon... same problem. I tried to reboot... same problem. I tried to install some other Geforce driver... same problem. I tried to turn off software TnL... same problem. I tried to scream... guess what... same problem!
Today I started the game again totally ignoring the graphic problem, and I experienced that my Saitek X36 USB didn't react. And that made me wonder. It does not seem logical that my joystick (which supposedly was the creating the keyboard problem (some DirectX bug)), should cause this graphic abnormality. Or does it?

System:
IBM Pentium 3, 866 Mhz, 128MB RAM, Geforce DDR w/32MB RAM, some ESS Allegro PCI soundcard (?), Saitek X36 USB joystick.

?

Plov

#556862 - 05/04/01 06:05 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could it be the new version of DirectX (8.0a) that is the problem?? Are there anyone who knows a lot about drivers, because I have tried everything? Detonator 11.01, Detonator 12.00, my original Geforce drivers (the ones which came along with my Geforce card).

I hate hardware drivers (when they don't work!)

Plov

By the way. What's the easiet way to install an older version of DirectX? Let's say if I want to install DirectX7 instead of DirectX8?

All my games using 3D acceleration and AGP Texture Acceleration are showing flashing white lines and triangles and see-through hills. All this happened suddenly while playing Typhoon!

????????

[This message has been edited by Plov (edited 05-04-2001).]

#556863 - 05/04/01 07:14 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  
SilentKnight Offline
SilentKnight  Offline

England
**** Sorry I've entered this message in wrong thread. Apologies.****

I am also having CTD problems.
System P3 500. Voodoo 3 Graphics card. Direct X 7, loaded from the Eurofighter CD.

Game loads and works fine until I click on pilot boarding plane icon. I then get error message:-
"c:\cvsmil\3dream.win\hvmats\matmk.c(1265): fatal error: failed to create material 'cpt bkgrd01-1" and CTD

If I wait til the pilot is on the runway, I can get airborn but system freezes after about 2 mins.

Any help much appreciated.

[This message has been edited by SilentKnight (edited 05-04-2001).]

#556864 - 05/04/01 07:17 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  
Hatch Offline
Hatch  Offline

Orlando, FL USA
Plov,
Is it possible that you are getting an IRQ conflict? Make sure your video and audio are on their own IRQs.

Don't have the game, yet. Just trying to offer help. Odd problem to say the least.

#556865 - 05/04/01 07:54 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatch:
Plov,
Is it possible that you are getting an IRQ conflict? Make sure your video and audio are on their own IRQs.

Don't have the game, yet. Just trying to offer help. Odd problem to say the least.

Hatch

I checked in the device manager, and my soundcard is on IRQ 05 and my Geforce card is on IRQ 11. According to the device manager, there are no conflicts (not sure if I can count on that).

My guess is that DirectX isn't working properly?! But I'm really in doubt here. Thanks for your help though. I appreciate it.

Any other suggestions?

Plov

#556866 - 05/05/01 12:24 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  
Yorkshire Tea Offline
Yorkshire Tea  Offline

Leeds, W.Yorks, UK
Plov,

As mentioned in another thread, If I run Typhoon (Demo or Game) I loose other certain DX games (notably eFalcon) without a cold reboot and reentering the old (pre-Typhoon)registry settings. This has occured suddenly

#556867 - 05/05/01 12:42 PM Re: Tecnical question for Steve Hunt  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

To start out with, I used DirectX 8.0 when Typhoon was delivered to me. The keyboard didn't work, which was why I downloaded DirectX 8.0a (Steve Hunt believed that would fix it). Well, it didn't, so instead I used a file he mailed to me. Now it worked.

I just don't understand, why it suddenly while playing the game, can f*** up every game running with 3D acceleration. My only reasonable guess is that DirectX is the bitch.
Therefore, I downloaded a DirectX uninstaller, in order to reinstall ver. 7.0 instead. Haven't got any better ideas.

I really want to play this game...

Plov

[This message has been edited by Plov (edited 05-05-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.