Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#555487 - 01/20/01 11:02 AM Typhoon Looks great,,,,,,,,,but?!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

This looks like a promising game but it only supports 8 player multi for team based wars. Most of the squads that i fly with have at least 10 to 20 players. That means theres going to be a lot of guys sitting on the sidelines wanting to participate in online battles. Lets face it 4 vs 4 will get boring real quick! But it still looks like a decent sim.
:-)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#555488 - 01/20/01 11:34 PM Re: Typhoon Looks great,,,,,,,,,but?!  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Swivet

Perhaps, but we need to remember that Typhoon is not designed to be a typical sim with multi-player options. This game is designed to be played against the sim AI in a dynamic campaign. In effect, your six pilots are your 'multi-player' buddies.

There are multi-player game options, but these are completely removed from the campaign. They are two types of 'stand alone' missions...various types of solo or team 'duke-it-outs' and cooperative missions flown against a scripted scenario.

The solo or team play missions are simplistic H2H shootem-ups where you and your team (if team play is chosen) go against your on-line opponents. You score points for meeting mission goals.

Cooperative play is a bit more exciting. There are five A2A, A2G, and Special Mission scenarios where you set out against the bad guys who are controlled by the sim's AI. These are nifty and challenging scenarios and come about as close to the type of missions seen in other 'hardcore' sims as you are going to find in this game. Those looking for something similar to the former EF2000 game play will not be disappointed in the cooperative play. I've found that the player can even fly the coop missions without being on-line or having partners...it's great fun but the threat level is pretty high!

So...as far as M/P is concerned, Typhoon has it..it's just not the centerpiece of the game!

Andy

#555489 - 01/21/01 04:16 PM Re: Typhoon Looks great,,,,,,,,,but?!  
Tracer[formerly of CS] Offline
Tracer[formerly of CS]  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Bush:
Swivet
So...as far as M/P is concerned, Typhoon has it..it's just not the centerpiece of the game!

Andy

For a change.....a game concentrates on single player as opposed to MP.
It's a *lot* harder to produce a SP Dynamic game than an MP game. Hence the easy jump to MP games whereby the SP experience is minimal-case in exception Quake3/Unreal Tournament whereby are both fantastic games SP and MP-although Q3 suffers terrible lag!

CFS2 USAF suffer terribly from prescripted missions F-15 on the other hand had the balance about right;scripted/semi missions which allowed flowing gameplay.

EF2000 -still to this day- had the best gameplay that i ever enjoyed!

So like i enjoy B-17II management of it's crew,i look forward to managing mine in Typhoon

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second hardest thing known to man.........the first is landing!"

#555490 - 01/21/01 05:49 PM Re: Typhoon Looks great,,,,,,,,,but?!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well,the game looks good. I most certainly will pick up a copy, since i'm a sim junkie :-)

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.