Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#555313 - 01/05/01 03:15 PM Why is Rage so tight lipped??  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

From what I read, the game is supposed to be released in March.

I can't understand, given that timeframe, why Rage/DID is being so tightlipped about the game?

I thought we would be seeing much talk about it, previews etc. on the game as well as oodles of screenshots etc. etc.

Are they afraid that the hardcore community will turn and shred it before its even out the door and thus kill sales?

------------------
-Gel214th
CO 214th Annihilators

http://www.214th.com/flanker2

-Gel214th
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#555314 - 01/05/01 04:15 PM Re: Why is Rage so tight lipped??  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
gel

You are seeing the game discussed...here!

As for your comment about hardcore simmers...I think that is pretty close to the mark. There is a very vocal minority out there that seems to want to be 'first amongst equals' when it comes to having an opinion about a sim. For proof of this, just spend time on any sim forum at any web site...these folks are not hard to spot. There is only one way...theirs.

A person only has to see what happens to sims from companies like Novalogic as an example. Now, truthfully, these are not sims that I play...but they are good and fun games...and I suspect there are a goodly number of folks out there that feel the same way.

While I am not a spokesperson for Typhoon, I believe them to be correct in their approach to date. Now, as with this forum (which has been approved by Rage), I think you are starting to see the wraps coming off.

So stand by for more info. We'll try to get it to you ASAP!

Andy

#555315 - 01/05/01 04:41 PM Re: Why is Rage so tight lipped??  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am waiting for this sim since EF2000 and this begins to be like christmas in younger days .

Sure I´d wish more info and a playable demo-version ( who wouldn´t ) but I respect the decision and hope that they used the time to finepolish the game, thus giving us a finished product on the shelf.

From what the screenshots tell me and what I know about the heart of the code from playing
the TFX engine from beginnig on I can only think of it as a big HIT if it is free of critical bugs

Anyway, looking at my calendar tells me it´s time for Rage to roll out some big previews
and more in the next 1-2 month to yell a
loud "here we are" into the net.

Looking forward to enjoy the promotions as well as the game itself.

Tb

[This message has been edited by Thunderbolt 214th (edited January 05, 2001).]

#555316 - 01/08/01 05:46 AM Re: Why is Rage so tight lipped??  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what I read, it looks like Rage is heading the right direction with this sim. Too much realism will probably kill a sim, unless it is very scalable. I don't think Flanker 2.0 would have sold substantially more copies even if it had a dynamic campaign because the difficulty level of the sim would turn plenty of potential virtual pilots off. Lack of realism may mean that the F4/F2/JF-18 flyer's (i.e. me) might not buy this sim. But these developers need a bigger market to survive.

By the way, at least appears they are not packaging it as a highly realistic sim. Some developers place an arcade game in a box that says "realistic" and developed with the input of so-and-so fighter pilot...

------------------
dogfight.com

[This message has been edited by ral (edited January 07, 2001).]

#555317 - 01/08/01 12:03 PM Re: Why is Rage so tight lipped??  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

double post

[This message has been edited by Gel214th (edited January 08, 2001).]

-Gel214th
#555318 - 01/08/01 12:03 PM Re: Why is Rage so tight lipped??  
Gel214th Offline
Gel214th  Offline

Hey TB! You made it heh heh

Oh..I have played and supported ADF and TAW with a virtual squadron. I absolutely hated DID's lack of responsiveness back in those days, for simple things like changing links to the squad on their website etc. etc. and just not the same level of communication that I was seeing from other companies.

So I was a bit wary and thinking "more of the same" at the stance that was apparently taken with Typhoon.

I'm looking forward to this game, because it does seem to focus on the fun aspect of flying the Typhoon..trying to bring home the excitement and joy of the Combat Flight Sim experience, rather than all the switches and buttons.

As for the comment about Flanker 2, as a supporter of that flight sim as well, their market is definitely different. I'm hoping that Flanker Attack will be scalable in terms of realism, and that this scalability would be supported with multiplayer hosting options

-Gel
http://www.carigamer.com
http://www.214th.com/flanker2
http://www.214th.com/f22adf

-Gel214th

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.