Site Emeritus
Air Combat Forum Moderator
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Happy New Year, folks...

Here's a link where you can find specific answers.

http://thegate.gamers.org/forums/hypermail/ef2000/

Andy

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#555258 - 01/03/01 12:00 AM Re: More Info  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Andy. I read through quite alot of the latest 2000 thread and it had some good info. I am starting to see what they want to do. I read what had already been said by the developers and some other things that I hadn't seen so, well, I can see that this is no EF2000. Part of the confusion is that I heard at one time this was the sequel to EF2000 which it definitely is NOT! It has strategy elements to it as you control your six pilots. That's pretty cool just not what I was expecting. When I thought it was sequel I was confused by how they were taking out what worked so well in EF2000, mainly the avionics. But now I see a little better what is going on.

I'm looking forward to what more you have to say when you can.

#555259 - 01/03/01 01:23 AM Re: More Info  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Overkill

You have hit the nail on the head.

I'm not a spokesman for the sim. I don't represent Rage. I can only tell what I know at this point...and only then under certain legal constraints...

I wish someone had made the question of an EF2000 follow-on clearer, earlier. It does not help anyone to compare the two. I remember EF2000 as a follow-on to Falcon3 that continued the development of an avionics intensive sim. Typhoon is a departure from that genre...one that should pave the way for future sims that mix game strategy with avionics fidelity...with the goal in mind of a more across-the-board appeal to simmers in general.

Good point!

Andy

#555260 - 01/03/01 10:08 PM Re: More Info  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andy, is the campaign mode in Typhoon fully dynamic, semi-dynamic or what? I read some posts but couldn't tell for sure.

#555261 - 01/03/01 10:58 PM Re: More Info  
Andy Bush Offline
Site Emeritus
Andy Bush  Offline
Site Emeritus

Hotshot

St Charles, MO
Tony

Fully dynamic, as I understand the term...but, I'm not an expert on this definition!! By fully dynamic, I think of non-scripted play. This is how I understand Typhoon to be written.

The player will make decisions on how to employ his forces...the sim AI reacts to that...then the player reacts to that. The player wins or loses based upon his decisions. That seems fairly unscripted to me.

Andy

#555262 - 01/04/01 07:28 AM Re: More Info  
Uroboros Offline
Uroboros  Offline

Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Piech:
Andy, is the campaign mode in Typhoon fully dynamic, semi-dynamic or what? I read some posts but couldn't tell for sure.

Tony..the campaign in Typhoon is FULLY dynamic according to Steve Hunt's comments on the EF-2000 list. Thrown into the mix are what they call "triggered events"; which I believe translates into scripted events that take take place during the campaign to add more of an element of surprise. These events will either work for or against you in the game. Here's some info from a larger document(from Rage)that was posted to some sim site a while back.

"Typhoon is the first dynamic campaign to feature triggered events to add a story line to the game. There are also distinctive phases to the war that reflect the changing fortunes of both sides, such as retreat and re-invasion. Real war also makes characters of the weapons…… like the doodlebug of WWII, the Exocet of the Falklands and the SCUD in the Gulf War. Typhoon has many secret weapons that will pop-up on both sides and dramatically alter the balance of power…… weapons that will take on an ominous personality of their own."

Hope that helps

#555263 - 01/04/01 08:16 AM Re: More Info  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

So did I hear right that there are going to be nukes in the game?
I'd like to see that!

Does anyone know for sure what model of the Eurofighter the game is featuring? Like does it have the EJ230 with thrustvectoring, or is it the Tranche one version?

Does it have the AMSAR or the CAPTOR?

#555264 - 01/04/01 08:29 AM Re: More Info  
Uroboros Offline
Uroboros  Offline

Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by EF2000 crazy:
So did I hear right that there are going to be nukes in the game?
I'd like to see that!

Does anyone know for sure what model of the Eurofighter the game is featuring? Like does it have the EJ230 with thrustvectoring, or is it the Tranche one version?

Does it have the AMSAR or the CAPTOR?

Well that same document says this..

" A variety of unusual secret weapons to defeat you or assist you including a new fighters, a nuclear device and advanced airborne weapons systems."

So I guess nukes will make some sort of appearence. Somehow I don't think you'll have the option to take nukes with you everytime you fly. Would make for a pretty short campaign.

Don't know model of the Eurofighter the game is featuring; BUT the part about "new fighters" probably refers to both sides in the conflict. I could swear there is a different version of the Eurofigher in that Typhoon video that appeared a little while back.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.