Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#54573 - 10/24/99 02:53 AM Spec Ops II demo problems.  
Crimson Offline
SimHQ Founder
Crimson  Offline
SimHQ Founder

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Does anyone else have this problem? When I finally get into the sim, all I get is an all gray screen with some weird texture stuff happening. Solutions?

Crimson - SimHQ

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#54574 - 10/24/99 04:30 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  
Pygmy - SimHQ Offline
Pygmy - SimHQ  Offline

San Diego, CA USA
You are using a TNT2 card, correct? What display settings do you use when prompted (strange place to put them, imho).

I've been running the demo at 1024x768x32 without problems.

-Pete

#54575 - 10/25/99 11:55 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crimson, you must be using a TNT card. It works great on my Voodoo3. At www.specforce.net Rush has posted a link to new drivers to fix this problem. Rush also has a FAQ which covers some comments people have posted. You cannot change res when using the Voodoo3 for instance. He also has a post by a hacker that broke into some filees and has posted how to change some features of the game. You can raise/lower the fog.

Hope this helps.

Mike

#54576 - 10/25/99 10:43 PM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  
Rick.50cal Offline
Lifer
Rick.50cal  Offline
Lifer

Ok, but for some reason, the graphics setting will not let me keep the Voodoo2 selection, the graphics don't apear properly, low framerate, and the mouse or aim point is constantly drifting to the right!! this makes it imposible to make any hits with less than a full mag! And I'm good at RS!

------------------
Rick.50cal

POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!
#54577 - 10/25/99 11:00 PM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  
Pygmy - SimHQ Offline
Pygmy - SimHQ  Offline

San Diego, CA USA
Do you have a joystick? I had to remove my joystick definition in the Game Controllers control panel to stop the drift to the right.

-Pete

#54578 - 10/26/99 01:58 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  
Rick.50cal Offline
Lifer
Rick.50cal  Offline
Lifer

Yes I do, but that is just F#CKED if we have to do that just to play a stupid shooter. Why should I have to recalibrate my F22Pro after every session of Spec2? Hell, Zombie or MS should do that FOR ME.

Why are simple games still having simple, basic problems??? I mean, why this drift? have the developers still not figured out how to implement the mouse? Why is 'Auto-play' still a problem?

I mean these are not even bugs, they are oversights. There should NEVER have to be a patch to correct these problems. If MS's Direct Excrem@nt 7.0 is the problem, then great, I will blame them.

Games have been mainstream long enough for us to no longer tolerate such garbage.

------------------
Rick.50cal

POLITICS, WAR, ECONOMY, CONTROVERSY! and other heated discussions and debates in the PWEC sub-forum at the bottom of this forum main page. See you there!
#54579 - 10/27/99 01:30 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the word today that a new demo will be released. Zombie has been listening to gamers and has been addressing the bugs that were found and the features that were not liked. They are adding the reverse axis mouse business and fixing the buddy control keys. There are other features that are being fixed and looked into (such as joystick support).

I was told yesterday that the TNT business is being looked into. They knew a problem existed but the demo was released anyway.

I was not told when the new demo would be out.

Mike

#54580 - 10/28/99 01:07 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  
Rick.50cal Offline
Lifer
Rick.50cal  Offline
Lifer

That sounds promising, but don't misunderstand me: I will give the full version a try, simply because I know from past experiance that sometimes demos do not include refinements or even entire settings that their full versions do.

I kinda had a good laugh when I was playing the S2 demo and could not hit a guy just 10 yards from me using an M4!!! Btw: is it me or does the vertical axis get compressed so you get the feeling your playing Doom?

------------------
Rick.50cal

#54581 - 10/28/99 02:22 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rick glad to hear from you. I was hoping you would log in. I sent copies of the problems you posted to a programmer at Zombie. He is looking into the symptoms.

A demo patch (680K in size) has been released. Two stated points it addressed was the mouse axis bit and toned down the footsteps. Don't know what else has been changed. Zombie is using the time to work on the full game. I get a feeling that the changes will be part of a patch and won't actually be part of the CD when it hits the stores. From what I was told the gold CD is off to the duplicators. But a patch won't be far off.

The bit about missing somebody at near pointblank range is intriguing. I have never seen that. I did see something last night that game me a real laugh. A tango was running at me and I unloaded a M203 round, it landed behind him. The explosion threw his body in the area some 50 up and forward by 100 feet or so. He actually landed behind me. I stood there like an idiot watching this whole incident and forgot the next tango. Fortuantely for me one buddy unloaded with a SAW. He was history.

When you get the full game look for me on the lobby, maybe we can do a mission together.

Mike

#54582 - 10/29/99 01:21 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

The texture problems on the TNT can be fixed by moving to the 3.53 Detonators.

MrClark

#54583 - 10/29/99 03:58 AM Re: Spec Ops II demo problems.  
Crimson Offline
SimHQ Founder
Crimson  Offline
SimHQ Founder

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Yep...the drivers were the problem. I replaced my Xentor 32 drivers for the 3.53 Detonators ones and all is well.
I was worried that using the NVidia drivers would remove my ability to use my TV-Out for DVD movie watching. IT actually improved it by adding more tv resolutions. I must say I'm a little disappointed with Guillemot for not updating its drivers. Not sure I'll buy another from them. My next card, probably GeForce 256 will be a CL i think.
I can't say I'm really impressed with the sim or game. I wasn't getting great looking graphics either, I think SO1 looked better so far.

Crimson - SimHQ

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.