Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30
#50580 - 05/26/06 05:24 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Originally posted by 76.IAP-Blackbird:
Do you have any infos of further development? like BOB from 1c Maddox they plan to create the African theater as an addon for Battle of Britain. What about the further stuff for tiger vs. T-34?
Totally depends if the game is a commercial "success". I do know that the devs and the producers are willing to support the game with add-ons and sequels, if, as I said, the game brings some return revenue... smile

PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Official VKB North America Sales & Support

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#50581 - 05/26/06 05:45 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
5tide Offline
5tide  Offline

UK
Originally posted by Mr.Fork:
Here are some of my thoughts: do you all remember Panzer Commander by SSI? Personally, that would be the benchmark for this new sim.

I disagree Panzer Elite was the upgrade of PanzCom I played both.

What PC had:
- great physics and damage models
- wonderful game environment and graphics
- great gameplay and individual missions (although the campaigns were scripted and linear)
- varied settings for realism
- excellent interface
- optional settings to be the tank commander and let your gunner do the ranging and firing
- realistic tank-to-tank comms and crew voices in German, Russian, British, or American

Panzer Elite had all above and more

What PC didn't have and needed:
- dynamic campaign
- editable skins
- good mission editor
- SDK for player add-ons

There's a couple of reviews of Panzer Commander here on SimHQ, both give it pretty good marks. It's still, IMHO, the premiere WWII tanksim, although it's almost 8 years old this week.

What T-34vsTiger needs to be successful:
- WINDOWS AND LINUX SERVER ENGINE TO HOST INTERNET MULTIPLAYER GAMES(can I emphasise this more?)
- dynamic campaigns
- open structures to save files so if someone wants to make an add-on, it's easily read.
- open structures to game files and settings
- a software developers kit, or an open-source architecture to allow player/community add-ons
- map editor
- strong mission editor
- ability to play saved games and missions (i.e. you are in the middle of a mission, you save it, and come back two days later and start off again).
- ability to edit saved missions with an editor
- ability to edit tank camo in-game. Want to add a skull-and-bones to the side of your tank? How about kill-marks? How about a neat camo-pattern?
- Gameplay: as you gain experience, you gain control over more tanks, and more resources. Start off as a tank commander, then a section commander, then a troop commander, then a squadron, then a regiment. You also have ammo considerations, fuel to manage, and waypoints/engagement strategies.
What killed PE IMO was the lack of MP support, there was a PE2 but that became vapourware after JoWood sacked the only decent team of programmers they had.. now its PE Action.. dont look at the site because u will puke like I did.

http://www.t34vtiger.com forums and WW2 chat
#50582 - 05/26/06 09:36 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
RogueSnake Offline
RogueSnake  Offline

Ky USA
Bit OT but does anyone know how to get PC to work with Xp? I can get it to run, but the graphics on the tanks are screwy, plus the sound is messed up, the music plays very fast among other things.

I've tried the compatablity with 95 98 crap, no dice.

For ww2 tank action, thats fun its all I have right now smile It and the FH mod for BF1942.

Looking forward to more pics Rainer smile Hopefully at some point if the game sales well, mabe a M4A3 E8 HVSS, or an M-26 will roam the battlefield.

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."
Jules de Gaultier
#50583 - 05/31/06 12:41 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Mr.Fork Offline
Mr.Fork  Offline

Calgary, Alberta
Ya know RogueSnake, I was thinking the same thing about getting Panzer Commander up and running again. Are you running it in Windows 98 mode?

#50584 - 05/31/06 01:02 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Heex Offline
Heex  Offline

[Linked Image]

Prototype Version
[Linked Image]

Prototype Version

Kind regards,
Dmitry [Heex] Kovalev
IDDK, games.iddk.ru
#50585 - 05/31/06 01:05 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Veteran66 Offline
Veteran66  Offline

Heidelberg in Germany
wowww cool thx Heex

sieht echt und lebendig aus, der Tiger sollte etwas mehr Stahl und Abnutzung bekommen, aber ist ja noch PRE-ALPHA!!!

Gruß NSU cool

#50586 - 05/31/06 06:09 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Lemon Offline
Lemon  Offline

Thanks Heex smile

#50587 - 05/31/06 06:54 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Fanstastic shots, Heex! Spasibo!

Like NSU said - the images look "realistic and alive".

The only thing that bugs me is the uniform color of the German soldiers. Their colors should be different. ... I already sent a note to the devs about that.. wink

.. oh, and, of course, the rubber-rimmed wheels on the Ausf. E. smile

PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

#50588 - 05/31/06 07:04 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
akdavis Offline
akdavis  Offline

Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by Rainer:
Fanstastic shots, Heex! Spasibo!

Like NSU said - the images look "realistic and alive".

The only thing that bugs me is the uniform color of the German soldiers. Their colors should be different. ... I already sent a note to the devs about that.. wink
I was thinking the same. Which brings me to another question/suggestion: I would like to see camouflage and concealment in this sim that really matters, including accounting for chosen paintschemes, time of day, light levels, added foliage, visibility against skylines, etc. All things that were of vast importance to tankers that most sims ignore.

I would also like for enemy units to have realistic camouflage and concealment, so that things like careful scanning and spotting, muzzle flash/blast and movement, smoke, dust,etc. are more integral to your awareness of the enemy. If realistic camouflage for vehicles, soldiers and emplacements is considered "too difficult" for PC gaming, then I would like to see a user-adjustable labels systems, ala Il-2.

--AKD

"I hope and I need." -Oleg Maddox
#50589 - 05/31/06 07:06 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Sim Offline
Hotshot
Sim  Offline
Hotshot

Красота…. Так хочется пульнуть в тигра…. Раздолбать его нахер.

#50590 - 05/31/06 09:44 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Lemon Offline
Lemon  Offline

Their colors should be different. ... I already sent a note to the devs about that.. wink
What did the uniforms look like at that point?

#50591 - 06/01/06 07:59 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Ivor H Offline
Ivor H  Offline

UK
Originally posted by Lemon:
[b]Their colors should be different. ... I already sent a note to the devs about that.. wink
What did the uniforms look like at that point? [/b]
The grey colour is too light and too grey, feldgrau should be darker and slightly greenish.

By the middle of the war, most uniforms had plain feldgrau collars and not the early-war dark green ones. "Jackboots" were mostly replaced with ankle boots and gaiters. Some of those in the screenshot look to have jackboots.

At any point in the war, infantry often camouflaged their helmets with foliage or Disruptive Pattern Material (camouflage) covers. The helmets tend to look darker in shade, than the uniforms in the field.

Panzer Grenadiers (ie the troops in the infantry regiments which were part of Panzer or Panzer Grenadier Divisions, the troops you'd see most often co-operating with tanks and assault guns) would often wear DPM (camouflage) smocks, the Waffen-SS almost invariably wore their distinctive versions.

When you soar into the air in a Sopwith scout
And you're scrapping with a Hun and your gun cuts out
Well, you stuff down your nose till your plugs fall out
'Cos you haven't got a hope in the morning!
#50592 - 06/01/06 08:41 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
Does the Zimmerite look a bit too soft and uniformed as well or is it on the to do list..Troop sprites look lifelike but scruffy them up a bit...fighting a defensive battle for months on end you won,t look too healthy and clean and is that a 25 pounder??Looks great otherwise,keep it up guys!!can we see some SFX screenies soon.Please,please,please.

#50593 - 06/01/06 10:10 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
The German uniforms should be in RAL 6006 and the German field-equipment should be in RAL 7009. But the devs are aware of that... smile

Feedback from the devs regarding the Tiger E model and the rubber-rimmed wheels:

"About wheels. Early models has rubber-rimmed wheels (binoculare sight), latest models has steel-rimmed wheels (monoculare sight).
We haves middle model (transitive) with new turret, binoculare sight. And we thinks that possible rubber-rimmed wheels installed.
But... we wants pick out that our Tiger.E - is a middle model."

#50594 - 06/01/06 10:16 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Originally posted by 453Raafspitty:
Does the Zimmerite look a bit too soft and uniformed as well or is it on the to do list..Troop sprites look lifelike but scruffy them up a bit...fighting a defensive battle for months on end you won,t look too healthy and clean and is that a 25 pounder??Looks great otherwise,keep it up guys!!can we see some SFX screenies soon.Please,please,please.
Interesting idea! I will forward that to the devs.

About the AT-Gun: that's the German PaK-40.

Here's a picture of the box-art of a scalemodel that I built of one:
http://halfevil.de/ww2scalemodeler/gallery/rainer_rohde/pak40/2004-09-26/100_2931.JPG

#50595 - 06/01/06 10:24 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Originally posted by 453Raafspitty:
Troop sprites look lifelike but scruffy them up a bit...
Not sprites... those are actual 3D models! wink

#50596 - 06/01/06 10:27 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Here's a updated screenshot of the Tiger's turret interior - commander's position. Keep in mind though that this is a) still pre-alpha and b) the textures are not done yet.

This is to give you an idea of the 3D quality you can expect on the inside...

[Linked Image]

Nice, eh? smile

#50597 - 06/01/06 01:41 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
Veteran66 Offline
Veteran66  Offline

Heidelberg in Germany
ja eine gute Umsetzung des TZF9b noch ein wenig skinnen und das Teil ist SUPER!

[Linked Image]

Gruß NSU cool

#50598 - 06/01/06 04:21 PM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
JV44HeinzBar Offline
JV44HeinzBar  Offline

Stuck in Yankee land..ugh
Originally posted by 5tide:
[QB]

What T-34vsTiger needs to be successful:
- WINDOWS AND LINUX SERVER ENGINE TO HOST INTERNET MULTIPLAYER GAMES(can I emphasise this more?)
- dynamic campaigns
- open structures to save files so if someone wants to make an add-on, it's easily read.
- open structures to game files and settings
- a software developers kit, or an open-source architecture to allow player/community add-ons
- map editor
- strong mission editor
- ability to play saved games and missions (i.e. you are in the middle of a mission, you save it, and come back two days later and start off again).
- ability to edit saved missions with an editor
- ability to edit tank camo in-game. Want to add a skull-and-bones to the side of your tank? How about kill-marks? How about a neat camo-pattern?
- Gameplay: as you gain experience, you gain control over more tanks, and more resources. Start off as a tank commander, then a section commander, then a troop commander, then a squadron, then a regiment. You also have ammo considerations, fuel to manage, and waypoints/engagement strategies.
S!,
Looks like a good plan to me w/ a few exceptions. I totally disagree about the open architecture. Open source has, IMHO, been the downfall of so many games. The usual end for OA format is cheating and the destruction of any competitive online gaming. I'm assuming that the OA format would also apply to online? If not, the OA might be ok for single player game only. The downside to this is, hackers usually figure out a way to turn single player cheats into online cheats given the chance. However, I'm all for skinning, map creation, campaign design etc. I would much prefer the 1C approach where only the programmers have access the core physics and modeling of the units. It's the only reason that the IL2 series is still good for online play....no wide spread hacking.

I must say that this future sim has been the only thing to get me excited about the sim realm in a couple of years. I know, people are psyched for BoB. I'm probably one of the few that could care less about BoB. I'm just not interested in that portion of aerial combat. The small theater bores me, as does, the lack of a more diverse planeset. Anyhow, T34 vs Tiger, looks to be the sim I've been waiting for for some time. I hope this sim goes through w/ the same quality of control that 1C has over its programming. I'm very much looking forward to experiencing an armored combat sim.

HB

American by Birth; Southern by the Grace of God.

www.jagdverband44.com

My Rig:
Win 10 Pro 64
AMD Ryzen 3900x
EVGA GTX 780 3gb (stock)
16gb ddr4 3200
2Tb nve HD for OS
3 6tb 7200 WD black HDD
Asus 570 motherboard
HP Reverb G2, Virpil CM2 Throttle, Virpil Warbrd base with Warbrd grip
#50599 - 06/02/06 12:07 AM Re: WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger - official announcement  
453Raafspitty Offline
453Raafspitty  Offline

Australia,Sandstone Point
Troops are 3d models,not sprites!! biggrin jawdrop ..awsome.Cheers Rainer and tell the devs great work.Yep there probably were a few (lucky) mid type Tigers getting around still.They probably were sent back to the factory to be refitted so that could explain the newer look to them.It was scrounge whatever you could fight with in those days and a lot of the heavy tank battalions had upgraded to the King Tiger.Hmmmm next game development please.King Tiger v.s Stalin...or Pershing..And sorry for the ID blunder the near front on shot had me fooled with the Pak 40,s longer barrel being seen in perspective.Are we having hidden AT sites as well,you know hedges with guns etc??

Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.