Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
#50102 - 03/06/06 11:59 PM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
So there will be Red Orc and this Sim annnnnd Ta nk Killer all 3 by Russian companies. Understand Tank Killer is not a serious sim but the other 2 are supposed to be .

Now why is everyone interested in this one and not Red Orc . I will buy both just like I bought Call of Duty and Medal of Honor but are there major diff . What would Red Orc not have . Understand it is only MP but that is the real challange to me. Will this new game have MP if not won't buy .

scott hill
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#50103 - 03/07/06 12:17 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
F.L. Offline
F.L.  Offline

No
Originally posted by fearlesslds:
So there will be Red Orc and this Sim annnnnd Ta nk Killer all 3 by Russian companies. Understand Tank Killer is not a serious sim but the other 2 are supposed to be .

Now why is everyone interested in this one and not Red Orc . I will buy both just like I bought Call of Duty and Medal of Honor but are there major diff . What would Red Orc not have . Understand it is only MP but that is the real challange to me. Will this new game have MP if not won't buy .
Well, RO is a fps with tanks and this will be a tanksim, it makes a huge difference if you ask me. I will buy RO when it comes out but im looking more forward to this sim for tank battles than RO.

The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
#50104 - 03/07/06 04:17 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Thanks FL .

That sort of answers why there would be interest in 2 simiular tank sims if one is a FPS and the other is a true tank sim .

Now I thought that RO was a true tank sim. I was surprised to see the soldiers perspective in the trailer but the other shots look more like a tank sim than Panzer Commander or Elite .

Is Red Orc going to be better than Panzer Elite and this unnamed sim still better than that or is it apples and oranges.

What would seperate the two from what we know at this point .

Sounds right now like RO lets you be in a tank or infrantry and unnamed is tank only ,so a liitle more "serious" . But is that going to be stuff that most people turn off anyway.

An example is Silent Hunter 3 . Everyone in my family loves Das Boot and have played diff sub games . Looked forward to SH3 but will turn off a lot of the stuff added in . I don't think there are a lot of job openings out there for U Boat commanders so can just play at a serious non arcade level but have other games I want to play and other things in life to do . So don't have time or desire to go through a torpedo physics course.

Hopefully by seriuos you mean things that are in the "Sim" game that would be appreciated by a tank nut which I am but don't increase the learning curve . Like different tanks armour and shapes and ballistics of different rounds being built in.

Am I on the right track here. I hope I am . Don't think there could be that much to learn from one sim to another . But could be a lot of differences in making it realistic and historically accurate .Multiple hit areas on a tank not 3 zones like on Panzer Comm .

And would love to see burning tanks with diff stages of damage , knocked out tanks,tanks that could be dead or alive not the same "burnt cookie" you got everytime with PC .

scott hill
#50105 - 03/07/06 11:10 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Will this new game have MP if not won't buy .
It will have multiplayer. To what extend, I can't say. I was told to tell you that after the official announcement the beans will be spilled ... smile

BTW: The official announcement will be made this month, March 2006...

PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Official VKB North America Sales & Support

#50106 - 03/07/06 11:36 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
FokkerDVIII Offline
FokkerDVIII  Offline

Is Red Orc going to be better than Panzer Elite and this unnamed sim still better than that or is it apples and oranges.
Red Orc will have Panzer Elite beat in Graphics but thats about it.It wont come close in realism.PE was a simulator and Red Orc is a FPS like BF2.Big difference.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHZ,MSI K9A2 CF V2 MB,6GB Corsair DDR2 Ram,EVGA Geforce GTX560 1GB,500GB Seagate drive,200GB WD drive.
#50107 - 03/07/06 01:32 PM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA

I think it's safe to assume that this new sim will fill the void that Panzer Elite has left quite nicely....

PC: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz @ 4.6GHz | MSI GTX 980 4GB | ASUS Maximus VII Hero | G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

#50108 - 03/07/06 07:07 PM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
F.L. Offline
F.L.  Offline

No

An example is Silent Hunter 3 . Everyone in my family loves Das Boot and have played diff sub games . Looked forward to SH3 but will turn off a lot of the stuff added in . I don't think there are a lot of job openings out there for U Boat commanders so can just play at a serious non arcade level but have other games I want to play and other things in life to do . So don't have time or desire to go through a torpedo physics course.
Hehe i know what you mean and i hope the realism in this sim will be scalable too, i think i play SH3 with 70-something percent, i dont do manual targeting and i want the externals on.

And would love to see burning tanks with diff stages of damage , knocked out tanks,tanks that could be dead or alive not the same "burnt cookie" you got everytime with PC .
Im with you on this and it would be interesting to see holes in the tanks after a round has penetrated.

The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.
#50109 - 03/08/06 03:47 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
Daly Offline
Daly  Offline

New York
Rainer, do you see? Everybody here is waiting for your comments. Don't stop please and keep us advise:)
May be developers need any information regarding tanks? If so then what kind?

#50110 - 03/08/06 08:29 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
Reichenberg Offline
Reichenberg  Offline

HG, Germany
Originally posted by Daly:
I am totally sure they need to know how much money we are willing to spent per tank in the sim wink

Uwe

#50111 - 03/08/06 09:06 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
Originally posted by Daly:
Rainer, do you see? Everybody here is waiting for your comments. Don't stop please and keep us advise:)
They can always use some references, esp. interior shots of a Tiger 1 (dashboard, instruments, etc).

If any of you have anything like that, feel free to send it to "images at ww2scalemodeler.de".

I will forward those images to the devs... smile

#50112 - 03/08/06 03:20 PM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
Veteran66 Offline
Veteran66  Offline

Heidelberg in Germany
Hi Rainer

bist du am Wochenende in der Modellbau Messe Sinsheim?

Gruß NSU

#50114 - 03/09/06 03:43 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
Daly Offline
Daly  Offline

New York
I'll ask russian community for help.

#50115 - 03/09/06 06:37 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Is it just me or does this new sim seem like Pie in the sky to anyone else?

Why all the hush hush for so long. Not a lot of other people out there that I know of that would steal info . WW2 tank aren't that sought after. Who are they afraid of Panzer Elite team .

I hope it is all real . So far it all sounds like a deal where someone is trying to get you to invest money in a scam.

scott hill
#50116 - 03/09/06 06:39 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Red Orc showed some data sheets on their website . The armor rating were OK . Didn't have anything about ballistics. Of course if it's to be the only game in town I'll be happy with this bird in the hand.

scott hill
#50117 - 03/09/06 06:40 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Why does a serious dev need interior shots from us. Esp of a Tiger I . Seriously .

scott hill
#50118 - 03/09/06 06:54 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
I've been following this since Dec of last year and just wonder why we can't get more def info.

And how long will it take this company to get a game in our hands when they don't even have the most basic shots ,available in any descent hobby store or online,of the most popular tank in history.

No one hopes I'm wrong more than me.

scott hill
#50119 - 03/09/06 08:05 AM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
RainMan Offline
Non-Indoctrinated
RainMan  Offline
Non-Indoctrinated

Norman, Oklahoma, USA
fearlesslds,

I hope you're not a troll.

The sim is in development, it's pre-alpha, I already "testdrove" the prototype, and the sim will be announced officially this month.

The "need" to get reference material from the community about the Tiger interior arose as not all museums the devs have access to have rebuilt German hardware in a original state. The more cross-reference a developer gets, the better the outcome for those that appreciate realism, down to the needle of the tachometer.

Just because I, with a little help from the devs and the producer, opted to give the SimHQ Community a sneak peak before there is an official announcement, doesn't mean that this is vaporware.

It really means that I am as excited about a new WW2 tanksim like the rest of you. And I believe in sharing the info as soon as possible, as that's what communities are for - spread info.

And, as always, the commercial success of such a product guarantees add-ons, patches, new missions, and possibly a successor.

"I hope it is all real . So far it all sounds like a deal where someone is trying to get you to invest money in a scam."

^^ Nonsense. The only time anybody is "required" to shell out some money is when the sim is on the shelves of your favourite retailer.... tsks, tsks, tsks.

Hope that clears that up....

#50120 - 03/09/06 01:12 PM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
F.L. Offline
F.L.  Offline

No
Well i cant speak for anyone else but im quite happy with your sneak peaks Rainer! thanks.

I can hardly wait for the officiall announcement cheers

#50121 - 03/09/06 03:35 PM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
Veteran66 Offline
Veteran66  Offline

Heidelberg in Germany
hi Rainer

ich habe noch was gefunden!

[Linked Image]

ich habe auch mal das Panzermuseum Munster angeschrieben ob sie mir ein paar Bilder schicken können!
mal sehen!

sorry my bad english rolleyes

Gruß NSU cool

#50122 - 03/09/06 04:03 PM Re: New Tanksim "WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger" on the Horizon. First 3D Models  
fearlesslds Offline
fearlesslds  Offline

fayetteville
Yes that helps Rainer .

I wasn't suggesting that anyone would be asking for money .

Only that it sounds like the same type of conversation that someone who is a scammer uses . Talks about some item but can't provide any type of proof and keeps putting people off.

Which I understand happens a lot in the game development world . Never has a game come out on time to my knowledge.

I didn't know if these people were yanking your chain.

I'm not a troll. Have bought PC , 3 copies of Panzer Elite and Ipanzer 44 also if anyone remembers that one.

Just get tired in gaming world of promised that never materialize . Games are promised only to never come out "Knights Over Europe " (WW1 flight sim) and if they do get made their sent out without key features " B-17 Mighty Eighth " no MP.

So when all of a sudden 3 sims are announced in a often overlooked area WW2 armor I am leary about getting my hopes up and go into it wiht a sceptic view.

I mean we've had nothing in the past 5 years and before that was Panzer Elite which I could never learn to get the tank to do what I wanted before I was swiss cheese. No training mission that I could find.

So if and when this comes out . I will buy it 3 copies and Red Orc also.

scott hill
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.