Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#46591 - 10/20/99 07:01 AM Panzer Elite Player League  
DarkAngel Offline
DarkAngel  Offline

Herrick, Tasmania
Hi Guys.

I have put up a web page for a Panzer elite league. At the moment it is a sample of what will be, given enough interest. http://www.networx.net.au/~mandtj/RTG/
I am putting the finishing touches on the programme that will run it all at the moment but please have a look and tell me what you think. Given suitable interest I will be glad to organise a league based on similar principals for any other land based sim (DF2, AF3).

DarkAngel

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#46592 - 10/20/99 08:48 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
SabotTX Offline
SabotTX  Offline

Texas
DarkAngel,

Your site looks very good. It looks like you spent some long hours on it.

Maybe this thread would be a great place to talk about your site?

I suggest all tankers interest in doing a online war visit his website.

Then post your ideas and comments here so we all can discuss it.

Only thing I want is a well thought out plan to conduct the engagements. And it seems DarkAngel has done much of the hard work for us!

TANKS...

Col. Sabot

#46593 - 10/21/99 06:00 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
Murdock Offline
Murdock  Offline

Would love to see a dynamic online squad based campaign where everyone stats there wins losses (best of 11) axis vs. allies and the system admin manually (or automatically) updates a wwII style map complete with strategic lines of advance, attack, etc.

Doesnt even have to be very complicated, but something that adds a serial aspect to the competition..... direct movement of the front based on the axis or allies winning more matches.

Murdock

Latest Scorched Earth (SEOW) Files:
http://seow.sourceforge.net/
#46594 - 10/22/99 01:23 AM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
SabotTX Offline
SabotTX  Offline

Texas
Murdock,

That would be great.

I heard of someone a year or so was talking about doing such a setup for PzC. But as we all know how PzC fizzled out in the MP arena.

Wonder if there is any handy programmer/tanker out there that could whip that style of interface up?

Lets wait and see...

TANKS...

Col. Sabot

#46595 - 10/22/99 01:43 AM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
DarkAngel Offline
DarkAngel  Offline

Herrick, Tasmania
Hi Guys,

Saw a similar thing at Death Lands the HG2 player league. That was done with lots of Java ( which I have no idea about ). I have been playing for a while with an idea for a "Stratego" type of basis for an online war. Each of the pieces could represent Units of a set value and each square of the board would be a map with a mission on it. You could have a small 4x4 map for a quick skirmish up to an 8X8 ( or 16x16 ) for a weekends play. It would be easy enough to convert to a html page too. I might work on the idea for the player league at the end of all the rounds in a turn, everyone can play in a "Friendly" weeklong campaign with the ranks they have achieved.

Ideas???

DarkAngel.

#46596 - 10/22/99 04:21 AM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
Murdock Offline
Murdock  Offline

I can program a bit.. Do not know how much time I can give to this but would love to talk shop with another programmer if they can help out. (and of course take part in
the final results!!!) Ahh the glory
of wasting the countryside of France
or Italy...

Can you imagine... a persistent European
map with attacks, etc. Set a limit of
brigades, then any member can take part
in the attack.

Was thinking this: at least two admins

At least one for each side.

You basically post it in a tournament style
physically posting playerA vs. playerB
playerC vs. playerD
playerE vs. playerF
etc.

Make it an odd amount of matches, then
whichever side wins, wins that round and the map is changed accordingly. At that time, the admins create a tailored mission for the next weeks round. Simple enough. You can also keep seperate brigade and single player tallys if you desire within the original league system.

The missions would be platoon based
one on one. Part of the gameplay is controlling the entire platoon I would say,
at least that seemed to be Wingssimulations primary goal. Would not be too hard on tcp/ip over net either I would hope.

I am currently working on a system of this
nature as a second tier for www.alloutwar.com
in preperation for B-17 FF2. but it is more strategically and industrial based... a match between risk and axis&allies but extremly simplified.

e-mail me at peter@sim-arena.com and I can paste some stats of the rule set. (not all mind you)

#46597 - 10/23/99 01:49 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
DarkAngel Offline
DarkAngel  Offline

Herrick, Tasmania
Hi Guys.

I have had some ideas on the "campaign map" idea. I cannot include a strategic map for the Player league nor can I arrange players bieng only one side or the other. http://members.networx.net.au/~mandtj/RTG/map.html
have a look here. My idea with this is that each round of the Player league is for a square on the map. at the end of the round the total Allied & axis losses/ victories are added up and if the allies are ahead they gain the square if the Axis are ahead they keep the square. The red tinged squares are keys. If the allies gain one then the Related orange squares are One day campaigns of historical importance. So for example on june 5 1944 the allies gained Rome. On the battle map if the red square on Rome is won then the D-Day special battle is fought.

Have a look and let me know what you think of the idea. This is another easily automated item so it makes no extra work for me if it will make things seem more WWII.

DarkAngel

#46598 - 10/23/99 08:40 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
SabotTX Offline
SabotTX  Offline

Texas
DarkAngel,

Great map.

A very sound idea. Like to hear more on how many battles it takes to win a square and more details.

Have to run for now.

TANKS...

Col. Sabot

#46599 - 10/24/99 12:33 AM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
HAWKEYE Offline
HAWKEYE  Offline

Minnetonka, MN, USA
D/A....Looks great. Tell us all when its up so we can get going with your page. I would suppose it won't be long before they are calling you to post corporate banners : )

#46600 - 10/25/99 07:02 AM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
DarkAngel Offline
DarkAngel  Offline

Herrick, Tasmania
Hi Guys.

I have made some changes to the map page and have gotten it into what I think the final form will be. There is now a link to the Map page from the league page. Let me know what you think.

I am expecting some help this evening with some CGI for forms so the page should be going live soon. To start with I would like to ask for about 8 volunteers to test results entry and to play some battles ( when PE arrives ) so I can gauge the results system.

All bieng well I am hoping to have the league starting by mid November.

DarkAngel

#46601 - 10/25/99 01:39 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
SabotTX Offline
SabotTX  Offline

Texas
DarkAngel,

Sign me up. I will like to test it.

Until Panzer Elite signs a deal with a online game host, let your people know that they could use the live chat that is here on SimHQ.

I talked the staff into doing this for us, so we could have a place that is live and that we could swap IP numbers. It may not be the greatest, but what do you expect for it being free...? [Linked Image]

My time is tight, so email me and I will give you my ICQ number so we can see when each one of us is online. Or you can send me your ICQ number.

Thanks DarkAngel for your hard work!

TANKS...

Col. Sabot

#46602 - 10/25/99 01:48 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
SabotTX Offline
SabotTX  Offline

Texas
DarkAngel,

I just relooked at your site and it came to me on reviewing your map screen.

Since you are doing this in the name of Panzer Elite, why not follow PE's campaigns?

What I mean by this, is that you structure your map and all the battles to mirror Panzer Elite's campaigns.

I know that Sidi at Wings tried to sim all the important battles, so why reinvent the wheel? [Linked Image]

Basically the players will fight each scenario that is in PE now. All you have to do is to mirror the mission goals for each scenario.

That will give you a base of 40 scenarios. Then if you feel that is not enough, you can always add some.

Just an idea...

TANKS...

Col. Sabot

#46603 - 10/25/99 03:12 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
Sgt_Leviathan Offline
Sgt_Leviathan  Offline

Michigan , USA
Howdy Dark Angel ,
As I mentioned in my earlier e-mail to you I would love to help you test . The new map looks great . I was wondering how you would enter these battles ? Would it be an ongoing battle that you would join , or will you have to find a opponent and join that way ? Would there be a way that a number of Allied and Axis companies could battle each other on this map without having to play both sides ? I know I asked you a similar question when we last communicated , but I just can't stand the thought of having to drive that overweight , slow , ugly peice of German made crap known as "Tiger" when there's perfectly good , attractive , light and sporty Shermans to drive LOL!!! Either way I'll be playing , Sherman or no Sherman . Keep up the good work .

Marc (Sgt-Leviathan) LaPoint

Capt.Leviathan

;\) * Killm' all , let God sortm' out *
#46604 - 10/25/99 03:18 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
DarkAngel Offline
DarkAngel  Offline

Herrick, Tasmania
Hey Leviathan,

Sorry to say the Map is pretty much Eye candy. The whole Idea of it is mostly to demostrate the overall successes of the Axis and Allied. It happens to nicely act as a setting for the battles and will give the chance for special days of battles to "celebrate" historical occurences.

DarkAngel

#46605 - 10/25/99 04:33 PM Re: Panzer Elite Player League  
Murdock Offline
Murdock  Offline

Darkangel/SABOT mon':
Please contact me and I would be happy to be a tester as well. Worst case scenario, on the release night or soon thereafter it would be great to just stick a map up and run through how to keep a persistent one online blah blah rulesets blah. Good luck with this Darkangel. I wish I had the time to help program this for you but I am already taken for http://www.alloutwar.com
for B-17 II and EAW leagues strategic elements.

Murdock: pgrob@earthlink.net http://simcorner.sim-arena.com

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.