Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4628748 - 06/13/23 04:56 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: Coot]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by Coot
I have 2015 core i7 4090k, 16GB ram with now an upgrade to an SSD, Windows 10 and a GTX 1660 super 6GB card. I really see no difference if not worse performance from when I had the old HDD drive, a GTX 970 4GB and Windows 7. I think it may have run better on Windows 7 which I miss. I can't stand Windows 10 in comparison plus Windows 10 has all but assured that many if not most of my older games can't be played now.

I've tried the usual attempts of lowering all settings and what have you with little to no change. My previous save had me in one of the bigger towns so I probably should have fast traveled away from there to the out of doors as I recall it usually ran better when away from towns. I wish I could get it running well. I was reminded of how good the writing and voice acting is too when I had my first sword training with that interesting character in Rattay Kingdom Come Deliverance. If I felt capable I would attempt to update my bios and so forth which has never been done to my knowledge but I don't know if any of that would help as other big games that I have still run just fine.

That card should be more than enough...

If you are playing in 1080p.

If you are trying 4k, then fugheddaboutit.

KCD runs perfect on Win 10 for me.

Do you have funky stuff installed like antivirus from Mcafee or Norton or whoever makes that stuff, nowadays?

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 06/13/23 04:58 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4628749 - 06/13/23 04:58 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

KCD runs perfect on Win 10 for me.

The same for me as well. I'll be putting more time into the game this week and the weekend as well. It's definitely a "slow burn" RPG but I'm fine with that.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4628771 - 06/13/23 09:30 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I just use Windows 10 defender and free malwarbytes. I use 1080p. I did not see Lieste's display suggestions in time. I usually by default go for native resolution + forcing vsync and triple buffer in nvdia control panel in hopes for a steady 60fps.. I already uninstalled the game so I can't try those tips out. I appreciate the suggestions though Mr_Blastman and all.

Last edited by Coot; 06/13/23 09:32 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4629011 - 06/16/23 10:26 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
The Tournaments they added are kinda neat. It's not a DLC either, it was just added to the game. You get a good piece of gear plus 400 bucks for winning. You can also repeat it to get a mostly full set of armor. It also added a murder investigation quest and an open world event associated with it.

Women's lot DLC added a dog companion Mutt. Both super helpful and the most obnoxious thing they added ever.
The bad: that stupid dog crosses around your feet when you're just walking around town. Tries to be a cat and it gets in the way. In fights it'll sometimes get in the way or eat one of your swings. It's another mouth you kinda need to feed. It also adds dogs to the enemy camps which can add some difficulty to the game.
To good: when hunting it'll retrieve rabbits that you kill. Very handy when you kill one on a slope and it starts sliding away. You can also command it to chase down and kill rabbits, deer and boars, takes some leveling the houndmaster skill to do though. In fights you can also command it to attack a particular person or dog.
The dog is also totally optional, you can just not ever take it, or just tell it to return to the mill and ignore it completely.

Women's lot also added a huge storyline where you play as Theresa. Starts a day before the main game and I'm not sure where it ends since I haven't finished it yet. It goes on for a while and there's not backing out, so once you start it, your in it until it's done.
It also added another long questline later that I haven't come across yet.

Haven't even touched the other DLCs yet.

Some random notes on changes since release. When training with practice weapons with Bernard, your gear doesn't get beat up nearly as bad. Makes practicing with him much cheaper. You can't ride a horse while being over encumbered. Makes hoovering up all the crap the bandits drop a hassle. All the town vendors have more normal schedules, so there's no more Rattay tailor opening up randomly in the evening and working until 2AM.

#4629030 - 06/17/23 12:39 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Thanks for the run down wormfood. I really liked my run through this game, but since I've finished I haven't had any desire really to give it another go. Same thing happened with Cyberpunk. Most really good games like this I think about playing again, and sometimes do. But with KCD I felt like once was enough. Maybe another run through with the DLC will be worth it. I'll keep an eye out for a sale.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4629201 - 06/20/23 10:44 AM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
Same thing happened with Cyberpunk.

I played through that one 3 times to see which kind of endings I could get and I also played as female for my final run through. Overall the game was a great experience.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4629298 - 06/21/23 12:23 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, I liked it too, even if it was not what I wanted it to be in the end. I did allow my expectations to run away a bit in the run-up. But once I accepted the game for what it is, I had a good time with it. Maybe another run with a different build is in the cards, somewhere down the line. It's a good game, and probably better now than it was then.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4645408 - 04/18/24 06:14 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
KCD2 announced officially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48DEEjyS5k

Map is centered around Kuttenberg and is about twice the size of the original and picks up where the first one left off.

EDIT: should be released by the end of this year.

Last edited by wormfood; 04/18/24 06:18 PM.
#4645409 - 04/18/24 06:20 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: wormfood]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by wormfood
KCD2 announced officially https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48DEEjyS5k

Map is centered around Kuttenberg and is about twice the size of the original and picks up where the first one left off.

EDIT: should be released by the end of this year.

Interesting. I'll keep my eye on this.

#4645410 - 04/18/24 07:17 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Lieste Offline
Lieste  Offline

There are two maps, one around the 'Bohemian Paradise' down to Trosky Castle, the other around Kunta Hora - both are 'around' the same size ish as the first KCD map, which is where the double size comes from... There are good technical reasons to keep the map size a 4096 grid as with the first game - so I doubt there will be much significant expansion of the map size, and there may be some 'shaping' of the playable area of the 'smaller' BP-TC map into the more or less north-south alignment of the 'interesting bits'.

Trosky is where Hans and Henry are heading in the Epilogue of KCD - so I assume this is the first chapter of the game, with the Kutna Hora map the second act.

Crossbows, early handguns and blackpowder were demonstrated in the first look presentation.

#4645411 - 04/18/24 07:45 PM Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Wow!!!!!!!!! The first game is such a treasure. One of the finest ARPGs ever made.

They captured the era more authentically and charmingly than any other game has dared do. They sacrificed nothing for wokeness, and it paid off.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 04/18/24 07:46 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Autographs
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 06:34 PM
Boxing fans
by RossUK. 05/18/24 03:11 PM
Bud Anderson was 102
by F4UDash4. 05/18/24 01:14 PM
The guy in War Games passes at 92
by NoFlyBoy. 05/18/24 02:28 AM
V-22 (all variants) wings clipped.
by Blade_RJ. 05/17/24 11:33 PM
Unusual climate conditions during WWI.
by RedToo. 05/17/24 04:52 PM
WW2 allied railroad effort after D-Day
by oldgrognard. 05/16/24 12:06 AM
New Viper Demo team livery
by RossUK. 05/15/24 03:48 PM
Beate Uhse-Rotermund.
by RedToo. 05/14/24 03:47 PM
South Africa’s C-47 Dakotas Set For Retirement
by F4UDash4. 05/11/24 07:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.