Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 45 of 66 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 65 66
#4623510 - 03/25/23 11:58 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
rollnloop. Offline
rollnloop.  Offline

France
Thanks to this thread, I revisited RDR2 again and progressed on the main story. This game is really a masterpiece to me. I tend to find these long games tedious and uninspired after a while, usually. It was the same initially with this one, until I moved to the second camp. I got a bit lost on the secondary quests, thought the game would last forever. I sticked to main story for a while, then things moved on for the better , and I enjoyed secondary quests again, some are really well written. Playing in first person after reading this thread also helped immersion a lot. There's a lot of riding, but man is it in a nice decor !

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4624336 - 04/07/23 12:19 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Terra Invicta - This might be one of the more unique 4x games out there. It takes some getting used to since it's not just a attack everyone and paint the map kind of deal. It's a long, slow slog with many setbacks. In fact, some of the factions have achievements to win after another faction has claimed victory. I'd mentioned some terrible balancing and bugs a couple times before. Now they're either fixed, or I know what I'm doing now.

Elden Ring - Fought the Night Cavalry and almost beat him a few times. Figured I should just explore a bit more and get a couple more levels before I try again. Didn't find much new, except the teleport trap. That might've been cool, but it cost me almost a full levels worth of whatever they call xp in that game. Very frustrating.

#4624347 - 04/07/23 10:31 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: wormfood]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by wormfood

That might've been cool, but it cost me almost a full levels worth of whatever they call xp in that game. Very frustrating.

When you die you drop whatever runes you are carrying BUT if you can make it back to where you died you can pick up those dropped runes as long as you don't die a second time before you pick them up. You weren't able to get back to that teleport location?

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/07/23 11:22 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4624351 - 04/07/23 12:21 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

That might've been cool, but it cost me almost a full levels worth of whatever they call xp in that game. Very frustrating.

When you die you drop whatever runes you are carrying BUT if you can make it back to where you died you can pick up those dropped runes as long as you don't die a second time before you pick them up. You weren't able to get back to that teleport location?

You teleport back to the trap in a cave in Caelid when you die. No teleporting out until you run out and find a site of grace. I couldn't make it back to my dropped runes before I died a second time, hence losing everything I had.

#4624352 - 04/07/23 12:35 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: wormfood]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

You teleport back to the trap in a cave in Caelid when you die. No teleporting out until you run out and find a site of grace. I couldn't make it back to my dropped runes before I died a second time, hence losing everything I had.

Ah ok, I remember now that darn trap that sends you to the crystal cave in Caelid. The same thing happened to me but in my case i was able to rush out of there before I got overwhelmed by the enemies.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4624353 - 04/07/23 01:06 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: rollnloop.]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by rollnloop
Playing in first person after reading this thread also helped immersion a lot.!

Same here, and you might be the first I've known to play this way too. It can be a little clunky, especially when interacting with things in the game world, but I love this game and first person is a big contributing factor. I still would have liked it in third person. but it was better this way. Rockstar introduced first person post-release to GTA 5 and that made the game for me.

Another month has passed and this is what has been in my rotation

-- Hitman 3. I've been playing some of the main campaigns to hit challenges and achievements, but the main draw is the new Freelancer mode. Having a good time with that

-- Hitman 2. Filling out challenges and achievements, and if I find a cool plan or solution in 3, I'll fire up 2 and do it again.

-- F1 22. Midway through the fifth season in my current career.

-- PGA Tour 2K23. Good golf game, and probably the best one out there, although EA's new game is releasing now, so maybe a short reign

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4624354 - 04/07/23 01:20 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: wormfood]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

By the way, what level is your character now?

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 04/07/23 01:20 PM.

#4624368 - 04/07/23 05:00 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Everspace 2 finally released after years in early access yesterday and it is good.

Brutal Doom is still awesome, as well as Brutal Wolfenstein, and I just discovered Bloom which is a Doom/Blood hybrid merger of a game(they melded both games and their levels together into one) and is pretty rad. Oh, and I just found Wolfenstein X which is some sort of total conversion into the Doom engine...

Doom is good. I highly advise dooming if you seek stress relief.

DCS World on Enigma's Cold War server entertains as well. Think of flying around like you're playing Thief: The Dark Project, a stealth, ninja assassin in a Mig 21, hunting slimy F-5s, Viggens and Hueys. They must be stopped! Or vice versa. Fun. smile

#4624370 - 04/07/23 05:28 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman

Doom is good. I highly advise dooming if you seek stress relief.

I enjoyed the last title "Doom Eternal" for the most part but it had way too many jumping puzzles for my tastes. Then again I am definitely much older than the target audience for these Doom games now.

#4624387 - 04/08/23 07:58 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Alien Isolation - Plugging away at my second play through. The game always ran at a smooth 60fps but after having to get a new monitor which happens to support 75Hz I find that this is one of the few games that I have that I find actually feels even smoother somehow. Most of my gaming experience is with 30fps or less or 60fps. Running my monitor at the 75Hz in this game gives it an extra smoothness. I'm not sure how to explain it.

Hidden and Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron

Ori 2: I played the first game which was pretty great and this one is as well. They are both very good platformers and have exceptionally beautiful graphics.

I have a question for The Witcher 3 fans and players. I'm thinking of playing the game a second time. When I played it previously I used mods. One in particular that was important to me was a mod that increased the difficulty of combat but specifically with humans, not creatures. That is what I was looking for. I really did not like that in the vanilla game humans were woefully underpowered and far too easy to fight. They really provide no challenge later on in the game to the point of being immersion breaking. I was always of the opinion that in that world there would be other characters who likewise could skillfully wield a sword like Geralt such as seasoned bandits, mercenaries, trained soldiers and so on. I eventually found a mod that allowed me to increase human combat difficulty. I really don't want to get caught up into a modding grind again if I don't have to so my question is, if I were to simply play the game on an extreme difficulty setting, maybe even a game plus mode if I still have my old save file, did the developers level up the difficulty of human characters? I'd prefer not to mod in some sort of combat mod if I don't have to. So does the game specifically increase the human combat challenge if I were to play it on a higher difficulty setting within the game's standard game options or do they still provide no challenge, especially once you level up later on?

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4624390 - 04/08/23 11:26 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Coot]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Coot
if I were to play it on a higher difficulty setting within the game's standard game options or do they still provide no challenge, especially once you level up later on?

I played through a couple times, once on Blood and Broken Bones and once on Death March.

Blood and Broken Bones: Enemies have 20% more health, deal 130% more damage.

Death March: Enemies have 80% more health, deal 230% more damage.

This applies to humans and creatures. I found Death March suitably challenging in combat and Blood and Broken Bones too easy. I still managed to finish it. Not too difficult, although there were one or two bosses that took a number of attempts to defeat. At least 20 tries against Imlerith on Death March before I worked out the right approach.

#4624391 - 04/08/23 12:07 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Everspace 2 finally released after years in early access yesterday and it is good.

I've had this on the wishlist since it went to EA. Noticed it was full release and checked it out. Diablo in space? Might be worth a go, especially on sale. Is it fun? Worth full price?

#4624393 - 04/08/23 01:41 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
wormfood Offline
wormfood  Offline

Texas
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

65, though I didn't allocate the points in the best way, or best order anyway.

It's not a bad area, problem is I thought, "hey, I'm deep in a cave, better go up." So my body was the opposite way of the exit. Also, the first mob I fought at that level wasn't too tough and it gave me a false sense of security. But that cave is loaded with them and you usually aggro 3 or more at a time. Once I found where the exit was, I just crouched walked outta there like a ghost.

#4624415 - 04/08/23 08:36 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
The attribute allocation will naturally need to go along with the kind of build you are going for. If you are the paladin/tank type then absolutely you want to allocate most of your points to strength, vigor and dexterity. The heavy large weapons scale greatly as you increase your strength and dexterity attributes. If you’re going for a mage build then intelligence, arcane and faith are of paramount importance. I’m currently at level 255.

#4624417 - 04/08/23 09:10 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: DBond]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
Thanks Dbond for that information. I can't remember what setting I first played on but I think it was a higher difficulty setting though not the toughest setting. Maybe I'll try the hardest setting and see how that goes especially if it does effect human enemy combat.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4624429 - 04/09/23 03:41 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: DBond]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by DBond

I've had this on the wishlist since it went to EA. Noticed it was full release and checked it out. Diablo in space? Might be worth a go, especially on sale. Is it fun? Worth full price?

Really fun. I bought in early access for 25 bucks back around Christmas, but waited for full release after learning there was going to be a wipe(which there wasn't after all).

There's lots of hidden stuff and puzzles here and there to solve, so not quite diablo, plus I use my HOTAS and Track IR to play in cockpit view.

#4624448 - 04/09/23 02:36 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
How's that Star Citizen going? **snicker**

#4624458 - 04/09/23 08:10 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Eugene Offline
Eugene  Offline

Oregon
Combat Mission series. Falcon BMS ARMA3

Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
#4624493 - 04/10/23 01:43 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Coot
Thanks Dbond for that information. I can't remember what setting I first played on but I think it was a higher difficulty setting though not the toughest setting. Maybe I'll try the hardest setting and see how that goes especially if it does effect human enemy combat.

Yeah, DM is the right spot for it if you want the best challenge. It's not too tough, but you want to be sure to use all the tricks, including oils and stuff like that. I could ignore it on B&BB, but found I needed that edge at times, like the Imlerith fight and some of the creatures too like that big bird. Haha it's been too long. Griffin, that's it. Swords, signs, oils, matched sets and all the stuff that gives you an edge is helpful in Death March.

Really fun

You can swap between first and third person for the flying stuff right? I seem to recall seeing this, although all the vids they have up seem to be third.

#4624721 - 04/14/23 06:43 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: DBond]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by DBond

You can swap between first and third person for the flying stuff right? I seem to recall seeing this, although all the vids they have up seem to be third.

Yes you can. I have a button bound on my HOTAS to do this. I always stay in cockpit view, though. Very immersive. The game is fantastic, they really put some love into this.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 04/14/23 06:43 AM.
Page 45 of 66 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 65 66

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.