Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4623181 - 03/20/23 01:16 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
It's disappointing that there isn't one person here who plays this game and wants to talk about it. But I seem to specialize in discussing games no one at SimHQ plays or talks about. If only there was a game about politics, movies and dead celebrities! I guess GTA comes closest, but no one talks about that game either smile

Because it is really good, and Freelancer takes it to a new level.

I talked before about how hard Freelancer is, and how I was using Alt-F4 as a crutch to stave off the fail state and test the game's boundaries while not losing all my stuff. But I seem to be falling in to the rhythm, and have done my last six missions on the bounce with no restarts. I needed to change my approach. Not to discard the Silent Assassin mojo, but to be ready and willing to use alternative play styles. To go with the flow and use all of the game's systems to my advantage. By not rewarding the SA/SO type approach, Freelancer has set me free.

I'm now in the midst of my third syndicate. Each one gets progressively more difficult. More missions, more targets, more enforcers, more things to solve. Randomly, it seems, some maps are designated as 'alerted', which means the targets will now be enforcers, which means they are not fooled by disguises, making getting close a bigger challenge. So you want to do the alerted territories first. Whichever map in the segment you do last becomes the showdown, and you don't want to do showdowns on alerted territories. So do these first.

One of the biggest payoffs for finding my rhythm is the growing arsenal. You start with nothing in the campaign, and must acquire all the cool toys through the game play. Find or buy it during a mission and bring it back to the safe house upon exfil. Now I've managed to get a hold of a silenced pistol, SMG, AR and sniper rifle, all of which are really nice to have. But of course you have to guard against losing them! This alone puts a neat new twist on the formula. Risk vs reward. The silenced pistol is the most important. Not just for assassinations --which it does nicely -- but for camera killing. I don't think it's a coincidence that my six-mission streak started when I acquired that pistol. If indeed anyone here does end up playing Freelancer, I got this pistol in the Sgail map. It's actually buried and you can dig it up with a shovel. Game changer. It's a Hackl, not a Silverballer, but does the job.

I've spent a lot of time in the trilogy, and in the main campaign I have nearly every item in the game to choose from. But I'm a devoted SA player. I always start a mission with the intent to ghost it. A Silverballer, lockpick, Seiker and a few coins can get me through just about any scenario. So I rarely to never used assault rifles, shotguns or non-suppressed weapons, and well, lots of items. I had my usual approach, and did well with it. Freelancer though has really opened up the game for me. It was always there, but since I found SA most rewarding -- and the game rewards you for it -- I rarely changed gears. But in Freelancer I feel encouraged to take any solution. I don't feel compelled to restart if I break Silent Assassin like I did before. Now, the only thing that matters is completing the mission. It's liberating. And a lot of fun.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4623200 - 03/20/23 04:49 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I downloaded WOA to my Xbox yesterday. I plan to get around to it soon.

#4623201 - 03/20/23 05:28 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Cool man, have you played any part of the trilogy before?

I hope you give it a go and like it. And that it leads to wanting to discuss the game, the tactics, maps, items and modes, but I know this is the kiss of death.

I've played every level a bunch of times so feel free if there's anything you think I might be able to answer or help with.

My first tip is to do the ICA Facility until you've unlocked a lockpick, then dive in to the campaign.

Now that it is all combined as one game (WoA) I'm not sure how the campaigns are arranged. I think you'll still be able to play all three. And then of course there are many additional modes and content, like Contracts, Elusive Targets, Sniper Assassinations, Bonus Missions and of course the Freelancer mode, but I wouldn't recommend starting off in Freelancer.

Do you get all the content from all three games with your purchase?

#4623206 - 03/20/23 07:48 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
No, I have never played any of the Hitman series yet. It is described as bringing "the best of 1,2 and 3". There are 9 addons.

#4623313 - 03/22/23 12:43 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
The purchasing options had become quite convoluted, which I imagine is one of the reasons they decided to go with the World of Assassination. I'm guessing you've got it all.I suggested playing the ICA facility to unlock a lock pick. To sharpen that advice up, it is the Final Test mission that is needed. I believe a player needs to do several of the mission stories in the Final Test to reach that unlock. The ICA facility is essentially a mock-up for agents to train.

Since I had started to have sustained success in Freelancer I started playing legit and man that was a brutal decision. I had reached the fourth mission of the fourth syndicate. I had just leveled up mastery and was given 10k in cash, to now hold 34k. I drew the short straw, an alerted Hokkaido. Spawn was on the gurney in the operating room. I mean come on. In Freelancer you always start in 47's suit in a random location, which could be deep inside the most hostile part of the map. I fouled it up yeah, but that's a rough start. Failing that one ended my campaign and cost 17k in lost funds. That's a killer. Then I started a new campaign, still smarting from my failure. Did the first two missions no problem and then failed on the Showdown, getting gunned downed in a courtyard in Santa Fortuna Colombia. Half the money gone again and down to 9k. So I lost two campaigns, 25k, all gadgets (Freelancer gear) including my lock pick, no! and both of my silenced pistols. That's what I get for going legit!

#4623322 - 03/22/23 02:59 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I have the Xbox Gamepass version, which sells for $89.99 cdn

You make the game sound very fun.

#4623325 - 03/22/23 04:04 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah, I do find it fun. Stealth gaming is me jam. I'm not a fan of third person, but I make exceptions for the best ones, of which Hitman must be considered, in my view.

Hitman is so well designed, honestly. The game loops are compelling. Essentially it's a big game board (amazing level building) with hundreds of moving pieces. You have to work out a way to remove one (or more) of those pieces, and hopefully do it without any of the others noticing. A typical, but made up, scenario might involve assassinating the lord of the manor. But to get to him you need to remove the secretary. In order to remove the secretary, you need to remove the guard. To remove the guard you need to remove the gardener. You work out these plans and then let the dominos fall, one by one.

Of course not all scenarios are so complex. Sometimes you can just snipe the target from your starting location. The sheer breadth of options and approaches is staggering. From each and every weapon and tool, to assassination method, to how, when and where you make your move. IOI offers both this sort of emergent, autonomous game play as well as structured solutions that the game leads you through. Called at various points through the series either Opportunities, or Story Missions, these pop up when you overhear a conversation, or perhaps find a note or other clues. One example might be you overhear the wait staff discussing how your target favors a certain drink, the Bare Knuckle Boxer. A chance to poison emerges. If you opt in (always optional) the game leads you to a waiter disguise and rat poison. With the disguise you can get away with tampering with the drink glass. Put in the poison and wait for your mark to come have a sip.

The poison makes him ill (it's not lethal) and off he heads to the water closet, doubled over. His ever-present guard waits outside to give him some privacy and you slip in. Headshot? Drowning? Fiber wire garrote? So many options. I absolutely love the freedom in this series to devise my own plans. The mission stories are great however. They lead to some of best moments in the game. Just yesterday I knocked off my mark by dropping a stuffed moose on him while he was giving an interview. I played it again, and this time I knocked out the camera man, and assumed his identity to gain access to the Consulate. I then rigged a camera with an explosive and went upstairs to manage the lights.

The interviewer was asking him how he could justify stealing so much of the peoples' money, and that the crowd outside was howling for blood. He gives a flippant answer, essentially saying he saw an opportunity and it was all within the law. And then he says he would respond to those people "F*ck you". At that instant I triggered the explosion.

No, sir, f*ck you. It was pitch perfect and would have been compelling television viewing smile

I don't want to oversell it, and after all, plenty of people will not find Hitman suitable I reckon. There's no accounting for taste. But I will add that not only do you have all of this game play doing the campaigns, but there are a number of additional modes and missions to keep you going. You can even make your own, called Contracts, to share and let other players play.

One last point to this post.... replaying levels is fundamental to the game. Mastery is a mechanic that rewards the player for doing the same mission or map over and over, each time trying something different. Mastery unlocks new starting locations, disguises, stashes, weapons and gear. The first full map I played in the trilogy was Paris, as I started with Hitman 2. The first time I played it the mission took me an hour and a half. The tenth time I played it, it took me 6 minutes. Very different solutions. The key to raising mastery is completing challenges which you can see at the top of the screen. Each of these can only pay once, so the game strongly encourages the player to find new solutions and try different things. Poke it, and see how it reacts.

#4623328 - 03/22/23 04:41 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
A stuffed moose ? I wonder if anyone has actually died that way hahaha

#4623391 - 03/23/23 01:25 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Claus Strandberg has biggrin

But other than him? Probably not. Dead moose have low lethality, unless of course they are strung up in the lights connected to a device which releases them while suspended above a mark. That particular strain or subspecies has high kill potential.

So having been gutted by my recent failures I dove back in to Freelancer and in no time had acquired a new silenced pistol and began accruing funds. I was playing on the Marrakesh map and was just nailing the mission. No missteps, clockwork. Just before offing the final mark I tossed a coin to distract a guard since I needed just one more pacification to hit a side objective. But somehow I fouled it up and went to choke him out as he turned around. So instead of choking him I found myself in a fistfight which I conspired to lose and there goes my new silenced pistol which I had fired once. Half the money too. Freelancer punches you right in the gut when you make a mistake.

So I did A Gilded Cage again. I've got lots of kit and saves in the campaign. When you get accustomed to Freelancer, playing the campaign feels rather easier than it used to. In the campaign I have a full arsenal, alternative start locations, stashes and story missions. Freelancer makes me appreciate this bounty!

Unlimited saves too, although I play about half the time on Professional and half on Master. On Master you get just one save point, but that is one more than in Freelancer.

#4623454 - 03/24/23 02:05 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Too bad there isn't any engagement here with this game because I want to have some ideas bounced around about the approach to my current mission.

It's an alerted Sapienza with one target, the hazmat suit scientist in the biolab. I made it in and shot the stalactite hanging above his position, but it misses him when it falls (it hits the virus of course). When it fell all hell broke loose and I got caught. Alt-F4'd this one because I want another crack at it. I have two objectives I'd like to hit

-- Silent Assassin

-- Use just one disguise

It's not vital I hit these side objectives but I would like to if I can (more money). Is anyone playing? Any ideas?

#4623516 - 03/25/23 12:44 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I had found a forum where people play and asked for some ideas on how to approach this one. One player said I could just shoot the target through the lab window. So I gave it another go, armed with this info.

The weapon I carried in to the mission was the Assassin's HWK21 Covert. I tried shooting the target through the glass from three different spots. Across the cave, halfway, and from a crouch right in front of the glass. None of these shots appear to have penetrated the window.

I started the mission armed with that pistol and a remote explosive duck and used it to blow the wall in the breezeway. I had picked up a couple coins along the way to the detonation. When the duck blew it attracted four guards, two from outside and two from within the lab, plus smoking dude ambled over.

I waited until all turned to resume their loops and tossed a coin in to the tunnel to pull the trailing guard back to investigate and choked him out, and took his disguise, leaving him in the tunnel. It's safe from smoking dude who never looks this way.

Entering the cave I headed to the right, took the first ineffective shot at the target, then shot out two cameras and choked out the guard near the sea plane to prep the exfil. Kept going along the right and past the roving guard to behind the lab. Coin distracted one of the guards here, choked him out then hit the other with a thrown crowbar. Hid both bodies in a dumpster.

With no key card to enter the lab I shot the stalactite over the virus which triggers an evacuation. Having cleared the pair of guards I was fine, but doing this stirs up the nest. The target evacuates outside behind the lab. The searching guards found the sea plane guard and so Silent Assassin was blown. I should have choked him out when leaving.

With SA blown I shot the target in the head and left. Got the one-disguise objective but not SA. I'm curious why my through the glass shots didn't work, when clearly others have had success doing this. But that's another mission done. And one of the hardest targets too.

#4623596 - 03/27/23 01:08 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Finished my first Freelancer campaign. Each campaign consists of four syndicates and it works like this

First syndicate is two normal missions and one showdown
Second is three normals and a showdown
Third is four and one
Fourth is five normal missions and one showdown

So that's 18 missions to complete. Each syndicate ramps up the difficulty. More suspects, more targets, more cameras and more enforcers. So by the time you're halfway through the fourth one it is very challenging, and with no saves, the entire campaign is hanging out there over the edge. One killer mistake and it all comes to an end. I've lost a couple campaigns and it's brutal to lose so much. But this is what makes winning feel so rewarding.

Well, that, and the rewards. For winning a campaign I got a legendary sniper rifle and 30,000 in cash. I turned around and spent it all on another legendary sniper rifle. I don't use them much, but they look so cool on the wall in the glass case.

When the player starts a new campaign he is presented with a choice of eight different syndicates. You can click on each one to show which random elements are in each. They have names like Big Pharma, Assassination and the like. Within each one the maps are randomly chosen, and there is a list of possible side objectives grouped by play style. For example Big Pharma revolves around poisons. There will be a number of objectives like lethal poison kill, shoot target with dart gun, inject a guard and that sort of thing. Assassination will have silenced pistol kills, no bodies found, headshots only and so on.

Choose one and it becomes your first syndicate in the campaign, and three side objectives will be pulled from the list. Complete them for cash, or don't as they are entirely optional. The only thing that matters is taking out the main targets, which are randomly chosen from all of the NPCs within the level. It could be anyone, even the NPC right next to you when you spawn in, or could be one in the middle of a crowd in the most hostile part of the map. The player spawn location is randomized too, and so you can find yourself starting in a very difficult spot. And since you always spawn in 47s suit (no disguise) it can be quite a difficult start.

Normal missions consist of anywhere from one to four targets, increasing the deeper you advance through the campaign. Showdowns take place on whichever map you save for last. When choosing the syndicate I always consider both the preferred play style (which side objectives there are) and the maps. I have my favorites and those I like less. And some maps are just harder than others. Like Colorado, which sucks. Certain maps I feel are more suited to showdowns than others, so there's a small element of strategery to the order you play them in.

In addition to the main targets and side objectives there are a few more random elements. Some maps have safes containing cash. You can find the safe combination by using your camera to scan objects in the vicinity, or you can simply blow it open with explosives. Working out a way to both kill your target and blow a safe in a single detonation is fun. In addition to safes, there are couriers on some maps. These are random NPCs who carry a stack of cash, and if you can take them out you can take the money. And every map has one supplier, which is a character selling weapons and tools.

Any item or weapon that has a rarity rating (common, rare, epic, legendary) can be brought back to the safe house after a mission and becomes part of your arsenal, with no duplicates.

Showdowns work a little differently. In these, there will be anywhere from four to nine suspects. By completing the normal missions leading up to the showdown, tells and traits of the syndicate leader are revealed. It might be something like smoker, sweet tooth, brown hair, earrings, hat and eye glasses. The player needs to infiltrate the map and get close enough to these suspects to determine which of them has all of these tells and traits to identify the right one, and then take him/her out. Do so, and the syndicate is won, and back to the safe house for a nice item reward and choose the next syndicate. The game only gives you stuff you don't already have, so over time you can build up your arsenal. After four or five campaigns you'd probably have it all.

So Freelancer has really got its hooks in. It's everything great about Hitman, which is great already, but adds in a number of random elements that freshens it up for players who have run through the main game missions countless times. It's more free form than the main campaigns, and much more challenging too.

#4623930 - 03/30/23 02:06 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Freelancer is so good. Gotta get some people playing it. Anyone that digs stealth games like Splinter Cell, Thief, Dishonored, or even games like Metal Gear and Deus Ex will like Hitman World of Assassination I think. It's slick, polished and fun.

But Freelancer is not without issues. Having completed one campaign as described above I started a new one. Did the first seventeen missions on the freakin' bounce, and was really rolling. That's not easy to do I don't think, and so I was feeling good about it, nailing each one, remaining mission-focused and not getting distracted by shiny side objectives too often, which is where I start to get in to trouble. But then I reached the final showdown. Complete it, and the campaign is won.

For the final showdown I chose Dubai, one of my best levels. I know it inside and out. Disguise progressions, keycard locations, alternate pathways, guard loops. This is the payoff from playing a level so many times over. But when I spawned in I noticed it was broken. All suspects were static, when they should be on loops. When they are stuck in place they cannot perform their tells. And there were supposed to be nine suspects, yet I only had eight. After several attempts it became clear that the target was not spawning in, and with no target I cannot complete it. To abort the campaign and start over would mean pretty severe consequences. To come through seventeen missions only to have this happen was demoralizing.

But I didn't give up so easily, and kept alt-F4'ing and trying again. Sometimes the targets were moving, sometimes four suspects spawned instead of nine. Sometimes some were moving and some were static. I can work around the static suspects, but I cannot make the target appear. Nearing the end of my tether I tried again, and after spawning in I hit instinct and instantly knew it was fixed, at least this time. I had learned all the suspects in this one by rote, and a suspect who had not been there in all previous attempts stood out. And when I saw where he was I knew it was over. Got out as Traceless Assassin and was rewarded with a Shortballer suppressed pistol and another 30k in cash, which I turned in to a SIlverballer pistol two missions later in Bangkok. Very happy to rescue this campaign. I probably reloaded it 15 times before I hit on the winner.

For what it is worth,this is the only time anything like this has happened for me so far. It's all worked very smoothly until this mission. But obviously the devs still have some fine tuning to do on the Feelancer mode. Regardless, Freelancer is worth the time if you're in to tactical stealth games. Freelancer is especially well-suited to players who are in to this genre and who are looking for something that encourages and rewards creativity and mastery of maps and mechanics. I really like it. It's pure Hitman in free form. A test of skills with no safety net and it's a lot of fun.

#4624300 - 04/06/23 12:47 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Not even a 'sounds cool' type of comment. No Hitman players at SimHQ it is clear. Don't know what you're missing! I know there are many here who like other stealth games. I'm surprised there's so little interest. It's really quite a good game.

So I soldier on solo in this thread. Maybe some rando who isn't registered has started playing Freelancer off the back of it. Or just Hitman even.

Anyway, I've now completed four Freelancer campaigns. It took a while for me to adjust to the mode's nuance, and I lost a few campaigns along the way. More will follow I am sure. But I'm immersed in it now and have a good rythym. I've gathered every pistol and every SMG on offer, and quite a bit of the other stuff too. It's cool having all of these options. As you gain Freelancer mastery you gain carry capacity. Each weapon and item has a carry weight rating. So the deeper you go, the more you can take with you on a mission. I've reached mastery 40 and that means a carry capacity of 12.

When I started, the limited capacity meant hard loadout choices needed to be made. the opportunity cost was high. But as the arsenal grew and the capacity increased I've been able to settle on a core loadout. One helpful thing is the 'Baller pistols have a weight of 1, which makes room for more stuffs. So with a carry capacity of 12 I use this loadout most of the time. Carry 'weight' in parentheses

-- Silverballer Pistol (1) The most valuable tool in the box. Carry weight of 1 is excellent. Great range, killing power, silent. Useful for impact distractions, camera killing and of course noggin-knockin'

-- Lockpick (1)

-- Electronic Key Card Hacker (1) Mobility is often the limiting factor early in a level. The lockpick and hacker help to breach the early secure areas and get the mission moving

-- Lethal Poison Pills (1). The pills have carry weight 1 versus the 2 for the lethal poison vial. Poison kills are among my favorites. I really enjoy any elimination that occurs when I am far away. Dropping poison in a wine glass and having the target fall when I'm far away and ten minutes later is so satisfying. Accidents qualify too, but are more situational, especially in Freelancer where the devs haven't made accidents obvious like they do for main campaign targets.

-- Sieker Emetic Dart Pistol (3). High carry weight, which must be a game play consideration as it's just a pistol. But honestly there are few tools more useful. Emetic poison makes the target ill, not dead. Perfect for removing unwanted observers from a scene, for isolating targets and breaking routines. Short range and the dart flies like a shuttlecock. But incredibly useful in a variety of circumstances

-- Coin (1). Tossable distraction.

-- Wrench (2). Useful for accidents, but I carry it as a fast, ranged pacification device. Doink.

-- Fiber Wire. (1) It's so 47.

-- Remote Explosive Rubber Duck (1). Quite versatile. Can blow weak walls, open safes. It squeaks when tossed. NPCs who spot it pick it up. Remotely detonated you can trigger it any time. Recently I was playing New York, which is a bank level. I had a target who was inside a secure area and very hard to get at.. So I identified a NPC who looped both in and out of that secure zone. Got him to pick up the duck and carry it in to the secure zone and waited for him to pass the target. Boom.

So that's a loadout that is great for just about any scenario. That's more than double what you can carry in the main campaign. Very versatile and that allows a lot of latitude when I'm on the ground working out eliminations.

#4624302 - 04/06/23 12:57 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by DBond
No Hitman players at SimHQ it is clear. Don't know what you're missing! I know there are many here who like other stealth games. I'm surprised there's so little interest. It's really quite a good game.

I've played lots of games but I've not played any of the Hitman titles. I think in my case it's simply that I've been very busy with other games so I've just not gotten around to checking the Hitman games out. I like stealth shooters such as the Dishonored and Splinter Cell series so it's not the genre that has put me off to trying Hitman.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4624308 - 04/06/23 01:38 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Yeah PM, anyone who likes Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, Dishonored, Thief and that sort of stuff would dig Hitman I'm sure. It's essentially a tactical puzzle wrapped in a stealth game.

The main drawback I think at this stage is with so much content all now sold together, the entry price is steep for anyone who does not own any of the earlier content (H1 and H2) The full trilogy is US$70 when not on sale. But it often is. And you can only buy it complete now (World of Assassination)

If anyone is on the fence, and would like to see what it is about, you can download the demo for free on the Steam page. It's one level, Hawke's Bay, which is a tight mission at night at a seaside house. great ambience and a great way to find out if the Hitman vibe is for you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1659040/HITMAN_3/

#4639038 - 11/29/23 02:26 PM Re: HItman: World of Assassination [Re: DBond]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I gave it six months but my entreaties failed to garner results haha. Such an underrated game, this.

I've been playing, looking to max out mastery at the various maps. I wish Freelancer contributed, but it doesn't. So far I have maxed mastery on seven locations -- Paris, Mumbai, Marrakesh, Whittleton Creek, Dubai and Miami plus ICA facility and the train, but those don't really count. It takes a lot of runs to reach this, and along the way there are unlocks of tools and weapons, suits, stashes and start locations, so as you advance, your tool box expands. A mission plays much differently if you enter by the front gate versus starting in the kitchen dressed as a waiter. This continually evolves the approach, which is necessary since you can only complete the challenges that raise mastery once. You get credit for your first fiber wire kill on that map to add to mastery, but if you use it again later you won't raise mastery. So in order to do so you must attempt a vast array of eliminations. Poison, sniper rifle, drowning, accident, explosion and so on down the line.

On a different forum I see a surprising number of players who only want to play the level once. But that just isn't how this game is designed. It's to be played over and over, each time with a different plan. It works beautifully, but if you aren't keen on this then it isn't the right game for you. You can get through it like this, but you'll miss 90% of it.

In addition to the great campaign play and the wonderful Freelancer rouge-like mode, there is a ton of other content, including contracts (which you can design yourself or play those made by others), escalations (a series of missions with increasing difficulty and strict requirements and limitations) and elusive targets (timed event) among others. There is even a sniper challenge.

This game can only be bought now as the full World of Assassination package. And that is a boat load of stuff to do. This trilogy is a really good stealth tactical puzzle game that is well worth the money and time invested. If anyone is playing let's talk about it. What are your top levels? Favorite missions? Loadouts? What tips do you have or advice do you need? I've dropped over 300 hours in to the trilogy and have plenty left undone.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.