Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4620536 - 02/11/23 04:43 AM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: jeanba]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Originally Posted by jeanba
Begining to play the game, very good
The AI is fantastic
Thank's to VonS : the tools you porvided us greatly increased my FPS
I think I will love this game !!!

cheers Pleased to hear that Jeanba -- also see the detailed post under the WoTR Mods thread on SimHQ for further info. regarding what files to remove before installing either of those GPU Tuner packages mentioned there, in WoTR Phase Two -- I'll update all files in the mod(s) once I find some free time from work to purchase and look over BoF.

Cheers all & happy WoTRing.

Last edited by VonS; 02/11/23 04:49 AM. Reason: Fixed typos.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4620630 - 02/12/23 08:34 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Roger10]  
Leopard75 Offline
Leopard75  Offline

Gentleman where can i find those graphics GPU turners?
Thks

#4620632 - 02/12/23 09:29 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Just bare in mind the GPU tuners will make the scenery look much fuzzier but will increase fps.

The links are right above your post, in VonS's signature. If you have signatures turned off in SimHQ settings, turn them back on smile

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4620735 - 02/13/23 06:40 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
Leopard75 Offline
Leopard75  Offline

All right thanks Mark

#4620817 - 02/15/23 08:15 AM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Finally had an opportunity to pick up and install BoF -- and that means that the WoTR (Phase One) Enhancement Package has been updated for Phase Two - relevant post now also updated under the WoTR mods. thread here on SimHQ.

To find the updated package, look for the text/link colored purple and available close to the top of the (long) WoFF/WoTR mods. post on CombatAce. (Link to that post available underneath each of my posts here on SimHQ.)

Couple of (before and after) representative screenies below. (Slightly less fuzzy tiles by the way with the Enhancement Packages Phases One/Two than with the older WoTR GPU Tuner.)

Other info. worth mentioning: (a) didn't bother to include a Read Me because one is available for the Phase One Enhancement Package and covers much of the same info.; (b) you may continue to run the Phase One Enhancement Package, or the older WoTR GPU Tuner, too, but with modifications (see relevant post under WoTR mods. thread on SimHQ); (c) feel free to run "cloud rendering" and "terrain quality" at a value of 5, in the BoF expansion, if running the "Phase Two Enhancement Package"; (d) have also now tested my little FM tweaks package with the BoF expansion and no anomalies spotted (loads fine but perhaps avoid using the Mk.II Spitty FM upgrade since it may create redundancies in Spitty Mks., unless you want to have all Mk.Ia types also upgraded to a "generic" Mk.II); (e) the ReShade profile available for WoTR Phase One, under the relevant mods. page on CombatAce, also works fine in Phase Two (might I recommend however turning off FXAA and LumaSharpen to squeeze out a few more FPS in Phase Two -- see the Read Me files and/or supplementary pics. provided with those ReShade profiles for more info.)

Cheers all & good FPS to you in your (Phase Two) WoTRing,
smile2

Stock BoF Patch 1.02
[Linked Image]

WoTR Phase Two Enhancement Package in BoF Patch 1.02
[Linked Image]

Attached Files wotr2stock.jpgwotr2enhancementapplied.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 02/15/23 08:22 AM. Reason: Embedded representative pics.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4620838 - 02/15/23 05:05 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
Redwolf Offline
Redwolf  Offline

Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada
Thank you so much! Can't play WOTR without your enhancement package (FPS just too much of a hit stock vs. WOFF), and now with this BOF is a possibility for me. Cheers!

Win10/ i5-7600/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1660 Super
#4620874 - 02/16/23 08:06 AM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
jeanba Offline
jeanba  Offline

Thnak you VonS
I installed it and it works properly
I still have some occasionnal Stutter (plane hit or shot down ?) but your tool is making the game playable

#4620940 - 02/16/23 08:11 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: VonS]  
shubby Offline
shubby  Offline

Thanks VonS will give it a try

#4621019 - 02/18/23 10:19 AM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
shubby Offline
shubby  Offline

WOTR runs a lot better now, a combination of VonS's Enhancement Pack, low settings (though aircraft and clouds still look great) and a new 3400 MB/s SSD.

Only the occasional stutter now with things like mid air collisions, lots of bombs exploding ect.

Great stuff

#4621151 - 02/20/23 05:15 AM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@Redwolf, jeanba, shubby,

Many thanks for the kind words gents' and pleased that the WoTR (Phase Two) Enhancement Package is providing improved FPS. By the way, jeanba, those one-sec. stutters/pauses may be caused by sound loading (e.g., before a crash, before a collision, also before you or your AI opponent fire M.G.s for the first time). I've included additional sounds in the preload.xml file in my enhancement package, so that may help a bit. For other details regarding the Phase Two Enhancement Package, and further tests in the BoF expansion, I recommend checking over this post.

Cheers all & happy (Phase Two) WoTRing,
smile2

Last edited by VonS; 02/20/23 05:23 AM. Reason: Edited post.

#4621185 - 02/20/23 04:42 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

The 2nd image above there looks a bit odd VonS, the top half of the terrain is very fuzzy compared to the lower half near the aircraft? Probably the circle of sharpness under the aircraft position is very small in the modded files?

Regards,

Polovski,
#4621191 - 02/20/23 06:55 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

Hi Pol, yes terrain tiles become a bit fuzzy the further out they are with the various GPU Tuners and/or Enhancement Packages applied (more so in WoTR than in WoFFue/pe/bh2) -- noticeable when flying at higher alts. (as in the pic you've mentioned), not so perceptible when flying lower. More fuzziness in the older GPU Tuners across the board, by the way, than with the various Enhancement Packages that have further tweaked the various composite scenery/texture budgets files.

There are two or three pics under the post linked to here that also demonstrate that moving-bubble-of-sharpness effect that such mods. introduce in WoTR, although for the most part they are a workable compromise I think between improved FPS, decent graphics, and no screen tearing when flying very low (particularly on AMD vid. cards and/or if not running a highest-end computer).

For those interested in other oddities and details of the various tuners and enhancement packages, you might wish to check over this old post that discusses density reduction values in the compositescenerybudgets file.

Cheers all,
smile2

Last edited by VonS; 02/20/23 07:11 PM. Reason: Added info. to post.

#4621200 - 02/20/23 10:06 PM Re: WOTR Expansion Battle of France Discussion [Re: Polovski]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Thanks VonS, aye it's often a slider between looking its best and running at its fastest, but thanks for posting it for others to use.

Regards,

Polovski,
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.