Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 41 of 66 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 65 66
#4618123 - 01/04/23 07:36 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I'm still playing my second playthrough of Alien Isolation. Still a great game. I'm also using the anit-aliasing mod for the game which works wonderfully with no perceivable performance impact.

I went ahead and finally bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I've played the first one almost three times and Rise of the Tomb Raider twice. I think the first game in the rebooted series will prove to be my favorite. It still looks great and plays well. I was however reminded of the horrific camera sway in that game. I forgot all about it and its a shame they never patched that out as its truly nauseating and most people hate it. The second game patched that out after release. But I love the setting of the first and the supernatural elements and WW2 lore and bunkers strewn about. Back when the third game came out I remember trying the demo but it ran terribly and crashed. Since then I've gotten a few upgraded components to my PC but I suspect I will have to struggle a bit with the settings to find something that produces the best performance as possible. Its on sale so I figure its worth a try now at this point. I love explorer games like these and Uncharted so being the third game in the trilogy I'll give it a shot.

If able I also want to play The Order: 1886 a third time, Red Dead Redemption 2 for a second play through as well as Uncharted Lost Legacy for as second run. I'd also like to continue Hidden and Dangerous 2 Sabre Squadron.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4618134 - 01/04/23 11:28 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
Been a while since I wrote about gaming here biggrin

I'm currently going trough my backlog, which includes GR Wildlands. And I find it outstanding. Yes, it's not a super serious tactical shooter, yes, it has some AI issues and idiosyncrasies. But the feeling of this game is like a really good military action move (obviously, but not just, like "Clear and Present Danger"). The backstory of the drug cartel guys you are taking out is well made, it deserves the Tom Clancy tag in my opinion. And that map/landscape/lighting is amazing, as well as GFX that will hold up very well.

So, if you never tried it... it's really recommended.

You should check this out. This is essentially the film adaptation of GR Wildlands:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1488606/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_9_act

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4618135 - 01/04/23 11:29 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Coot]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Coot
I'm still playing my second playthrough of Alien Isolation. Still a great game. I'm also using the anit-aliasing mod for the game which works wonderfully with no perceivable performance impact.

I plan on eventually replaying this. Which part of the game are you at right now?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4618148 - 01/04/23 02:05 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
wormfood Online content
wormfood  Online Content

Texas
Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
Been a while since I wrote about gaming here biggrin

I'm currently going trough my backlog, which includes GR Wildlands. And I find it outstanding. Yes, it's not a super serious tactical shooter, yes, it has some AI issues and idiosyncrasies. But the feeling of this game is like a really good military action move (obviously, but not just, like "Clear and Present Danger"). The backstory of the drug cartel guys you are taking out is well made, it deserves the Tom Clancy tag in my opinion. And that map/landscape/lighting is amazing, as well as GFX that will hold up very well.

So, if you never tried it... it's really recommended.

Wildlands was probably the best thing carrying the Clancy name since Rainbow Six 3.

#4618230 - 01/05/23 11:54 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Coot Offline
Pilgrim
Coot  Offline
Pilgrim
Veteran

These United States of America
I'm at the level right after the Anesidora flashback mission where you get the flamethrower for the first time and you're off to try to lock down the escape routes leading to the server area of Sevastopol to try isolating and trapping the xeno. I can't remember if I ever knew about backtracking to listen to all the audio logs of the Nostromo but I'd like to attempt that. Its been years but earlier in the game you hit a room that's filled with gas that you can't enter. For some reason I don't remember anything about a gas mask so perhaps I did not know it was more than a mission specific piece of gear that you could use again to backtrack and get to areas you could not before. I don't know why but I really don't remember having a gas mask in the game. I'm not there yet but I'll keep an eye out for it and may backtrack to listen to those logs. I'm playing the game on hard which is what I did the first time if I recall correctly and that's good enough for me. I think there's a super hard mode and even a mod out there that makes the game even harder by tweaking the alien A.I. behaviors.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13

#4618232 - 01/05/23 11:56 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Coot]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Coot
I'm playing the game on hard which is what I did the first time if I recall correctly and that's good enough for me. I think there's a super hard mode and even a mod out there that makes the game even harder by tweaking the alien A.I. behaviors.

Heh, I played on "normal" for my playthrough and that was enough of a challenge for me. I still ended up dying several times.

#4618801 - 01/16/23 03:49 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Online content
Strategerizer
DBond  Online Content
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I usually wait a month between posts in this thread, but I've had the past month off from work so got in plenty of gaming. Here's what I've been playing....

-- Way of the Hunter. I've dropped 90+ hours in to this so far and I like it a lot. I used to hunt when I was younger, and for some personal reasons I stopped. This game in many ways helps to fill a void. It's a good hunting sim, with some corny, eye-rolling narrative and story elements, at least for me. But in the field it's really good. Check out Ajay's excellent review thread for more info on this title.

-- Automobilista Motorsport Simulator 2. A really good racing sim. There's quite a bit of competition between the various titles, but AMS2 is the one that pulls me back most often. Great visceral feel to this one. Good feel of the tarmac, soundscape and racing. One of the few titles which allows AI in multiplayer giving it a nice edge.

-- Warhammer 3. More Total War goodness

-- Three Kingdoms. Same.

-- Forza Horizon 5. Hopped back in after a long time away to check the state of the game. About the same, plus Hotwheels now which I don't care about. Fun in doses.

-- Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Gate. An X-Com like game. Good, challenging combat, nice graphics, good gameplay. One of the few games I've ever dialed down to easy smile

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4618802 - 01/16/23 04:19 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I finally finished Dying Light 2 in coop mode. It's a very well made zombie survival game IMHO.

I'm also still playing Elden Ring. I have close to 600 hours in the game but just now I feel like I've levelled up enough to go to the Haligtree area of the map to face Malenia.

#4619167 - 01/22/23 12:32 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
For a guy who was playing/modding games over 1000hrs a year, I've fallen off the map. "Life has interfered". Still would like to get back to almost daily regular play. So, I keep buying up-to-date hardware and nominally good sale priced games.

Along those lines, I bought/installed sale priced "Red Dead Redemption 2" Special Edition/Ultimate Edition today.

Whenever I get to playing it, I'll be playing as a single player.

A quick question for those who have played it:

Does my "Hero" have to an "unlawful bad guy" to make the game work as intended? Or, can I (eventually at some point in the game) grow my character to play "the anti-crime good guy"?

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4619168 - 01/22/23 02:09 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Allen]  
HeinKill Offline
HeinKill  Offline

Cloud based
Originally Posted by Allen
Does my "Hero" have to an "unlawful bad guy" to make the game work as intended? Or, can I (eventually at some point in the game) grow my character to play "the anti-crime good guy"?

Well the main story line has you playing as a member of an outlaw gang and a lot of main story quests involve robbery with a couple of missions where you can't avoid getting into shootouts, mostly with the law. I did one playthrough where I decided to take a non lethal decision at every opportunity (sneak, or punch/rope adversaries instead of shoot them). I died a lot more but became quite good at melee. It was frustrating when up against big gangs of either bandits or police because knocking out and tying up a gang of 12 guys with rifles looking to shoot you involved a lot of running away and doubling back when they had lost interest in searching. Not very realistic and not my favorite playthrough.

[Linked Image]
#4619171 - 01/22/23 03:43 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: HeinKill]  
Allen Offline
Hotshot
Allen  Offline
Hotshot

Ohio USA
Originally Posted by HeinKill

Well the main story line has you playing as a member of an outlaw gang and a lot of main story quests involve robbery with a couple of missions where you can't avoid getting into shootouts, mostly with the law. I did one playthrough where I decided to take a non lethal decision at every opportunity (sneak, or punch/rope adversaries instead of shoot them). I died a lot more but became quite good at melee. It was frustrating when up against big gangs of either bandits or police because knocking out and tying up a gang of 12 guys with rifles looking to shoot you involved a lot of running away and doubling back when they had lost interest in searching. Not very realistic and not my favorite playthrough.

Thanks for the insight. I thought it might be that way. Its why i waited for a good sale. I have a very hard time killing honest people on the side of the law -- I always want to protect people like that.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro
#4619177 - 01/22/23 04:50 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Allen]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

I have played a bit recently and you can be the good guy so far, for the most part, yet the game actively tries to make you an outlaw and wanted. I honestly don't enjoy being the bad guy in a game for long, especially in Rockstar games where they make the violence too real and too human. A person getting shot truly looks just like that, and not like a video game would.

#4619211 - 01/23/23 11:30 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Almost finished with "DEATHLOOP". Great game with a very unique premise for a first person shooter.

#4619250 - 01/23/23 07:34 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Still banging around the Commonwealth in Fallout 4 for the most part.

This stupid neck brace is keeping me from using the TrackIR, so no flight sims....

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#4619578 - 01/30/23 01:21 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Anyone here playing the remastered "Dead Space" besides me? It's utterly fantastic. If you like sci-fi horror this game is a MUST buy. The new DX 12 graphics with ray tracing look absolutely stunning.

#4619597 - 01/30/23 05:11 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
How rigid is the combat? I recall in the first game you couldn't alter the FOV(without mods), nor could you aim creatively at enemies. There were rigid points that must be shot and if not then you completely missed or were ineffective. Also, I was almost always out of ammo, which was frustrating.

#4619600 - 01/30/23 05:33 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
How rigid is the combat? I recall in the first game you couldn't alter the FOV(without mods), nor could you aim creatively at enemies. There were rigid points that must be shot and if not then you completely missed or were ineffective. Also, I was almost always out of ammo, which was frustrating.

I don't know about modifying the FOV. I would have to check that next time I play.

Some but not all of the enemies require that you shoot them in the limbs to kill them.

Concerning running out of ammo, just make sure to pick up credits whenever you see them and you can use those credits to buy ammo at the "stores" located throughout the ship. You may also want to play on "normal" difficulty so you don't have to use as much ammo to kill enemies.

#4619615 - 01/30/23 06:28 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
RossUK Offline
RossUK  Offline

Eastbourne, UK
I recently bought the early access Gunner, Heat, PC. Quite cheap but already has promise. Not a tank study sim but definitely not an arcade game. Needs a more powerful PC than the specs suggest but that could be in such early access.

Worth a look for anyone who is into this story of game. Plenty of YouTube videos of gameplay available.

Still need to get Steel Beasts but just read they won't ship the USB stick to UK anymore. Brexit I guess 🤷🏼

#4619975 - 02/04/23 08:51 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Snow46 Offline
Veteran
Snow46  Offline
Veteran

Idaho, USA
An old friend got me hooked on X4 Foundations. A steep learning curve but at last a decent Space RPG that can be single player or Multiplayer.

Desktop Intel i9 3.7GHz, 32GB RAM,
3 TB SSD, NVIDIA 3080
#4619983 - 02/04/23 10:40 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
MarkG Offline
Veteran
MarkG  Offline
Veteran

The Bayou
Not yet finished (i.e. missing key-ins added on last version), but currently working on a definitive single-page Key Reference, plus a second page of information and procedures...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just love this game.

Attached Files FD_0.jpgFD_1.jpg

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run
Page 41 of 66 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 65 66

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.