Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#2944024 - 01/21/10 09:19 AM Re: night missions [Re: MrJelly]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Ralf- just to confirm that it is transmitted Dumo and I flew the "C PlanesetTest" I set up which has the entire Malta campaign as Planset1. I set it to 1, Dumo's was 0, but it was transmitted and we both flew Malta smile

http://www.users.on.net/pam_biddell/PS.exe

Jel

Last edited by MrJelly; 01/21/10 09:21 AM. Reason: Link added

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2944071 - 01/21/10 11:19 AM Re: night missions [Re: MrJelly]  
Moggy Online content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Moggy  Online Content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot

A slit trench at RAF Gravesend
Originally Posted By: MrJelly
So I "adapted" your nightblitz Moggy, and a WW1 takeoff is very hairy indeed as I suspect the "flares" are fuel dumps, and a collision with one is terminal LOL.

wink Jel

Night Blitz is getting on a bit - must be 9 years old! Quite probably the "lights" had "unintended consequences" smile smile

Many of the airfields in Dunkirk had a "flarepath" (principally because there was a whole "night intercept" part of that scenario)and the lights there were better edited.

The relevant planes had nav lights, and the Defiant model had landing lights keyed into the undercart rather like the old "close cockpit" mod, which came on when the undercart went down

The thing with the nav lights is that they were always on. I did originally pursue the idea of having visible exhaust glow, which was what the original early nightfighters actually looked out for. But development of night blitz ended at Christmas 2001, and I never picked it up again afterwards. The control tower 3dz is dated 20th December 2001 smile

Moggy DCM

#2944093 - 01/21/10 01:02 PM Re: night missions [Re: Moggy]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Don't forget, I did a mod for the HR Hurricane, which gives you realistic glowing exhausts. wink

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#2944174 - 01/21/10 02:55 PM Re: night missions [Re: Col. Gibbon]  
Moggy Online content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Moggy  Online Content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Col. Gibbon
Don't forget, I did a mod for the HR Hurricane, which gives you realistic glowing exhausts. wink

I did forget that. . But am glad to remember it now. smile

Remind me how you did it Col - did the exhaust sprites take the glowing colours?

I last edited that Ju88 with the prototype "glow" in November 2001.

Here's the original thread on lights: http://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/793397/1.html 27th August 2000

If we are going to have more extensive night fighting, it would be good to have realistic glowing exhaust on all relevant planes.

Perhaps the nav lights could all be tied into the undercart code so they are only there on take off and landing?

The flare path could have its Tmod properties edited so that it only becomes visible within a short distance of the airfield.

Moggy DCM

Last edited by Moggy; 01/21/10 03:08 PM.
#2944212 - 01/21/10 03:45 PM Re: night missions [Re: Moggy]  
Col. Gibbon Offline
A nobody
Col. Gibbon  Offline
A nobody
Veteran

Hi Moggy.

I changed the exhaust elements from code 5 to code 3, and added a glowing orange colour.

Your Tmod problem is easy, just use the H model for the lights, and use a blank for the L and M and S 3dz's then the light would only go on when you got close.

I was thinking of doing the same idea but in reverse for the houses. The L would be lit, and the H would be unlit, then as you approached a city, all the lights would go off. smile

Supports EAW 1.29.exe, Drop in and Play Technology. wink

1.29 download
#4619176 - 01/22/23 04:49 PM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

UAW160 with the "Added searchlights ETO" theatre and the mission time set in parameters.

Runway with flarepath and searchlights F9:
[Linked Image]

Alt-N
[Linked Image]

A kill
[Linked Image]

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4619181 - 01/22/23 05:28 PM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

More piccies

[Linked Image]

Being able to set the mission time based on sunrise and sunset really helps you to get just enough light intensity for your mission, and the new map is great for locating the enemy.
Each circle is a tile- 4.096 kilometres

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tracers often help to locate the action
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4619183 - 01/22/23 05:51 PM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I would add that the seachlights in this theatre do not come on unless the light intensity is low. Additionally they are triggered by nearby aircraft.

A view from my six moving away from a searchlight:

Tmod indicator and searchlight visible at 17000 feet
[Linked Image]

Shortly afterwards the TMod indicator switched off:
[Linked Image]

..and a short time later so did the searchlight:
[Linked Image]

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4619196 - 01/23/23 12:16 AM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
Moggy Online content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Moggy  Online Content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot

I like that ,Jel. Always had a thing for EAW at night. Is actually playable if you do it in a darkened room and drink plenty of carrot juice smile

#4619229 - 01/23/23 05:16 PM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Yeah, it gave me quite a few headaches when I created those lights. My newest model can now also be attached to any 3D model and any target in any addon as described, anywhere in the EAW world, instead of coming out of the roofs of hangars at one specific location, like the old versions did. Hence I also gave it it's own dedicated 3D model, which in this picture ofcourse has the light switched off during daytime

[Linked Image]

and in the evening and nights remains on standby when no aircraft are near

[Linked Image]

VonBeerhofen

#4619242 - 01/23/23 06:56 PM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Neat smile
What controls the speed of rotation?

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4619254 - 01/23/23 08:43 PM Re: night missions [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

a few appropriate counters in the game's zero page for the lights, not the 3D object. The object uses rotation from the camera view, it doesn't actually rotate but uses a trick to make it appear to rotate when the camera is moved.

VonBeerhofen

#4619271 - 01/24/23 07:39 AM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

I use an external file with the settings in it that the exe reads and uses.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4619279 - 01/24/23 10:30 AM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

I know, doesn't sound to me as a good reason to drag this particular 12 year old topic from the depths of the Underworld and open up old wounds in spite of the specific warnings from the SimHQ moderators. You better stay away from raking up these past attacks as you are risking the total annihilation of this EAW forum!
[Linked Image]

VonBeerhofen

#4619280 - 01/24/23 10:30 AM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
Moggy Online content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Moggy  Online Content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot

Trip down memory lane. Some screenies from my first experiments with lights November 2001, over 21 years ago:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's the thread from the archive where I posted the first experimental night fighting package:

http://SimHQ.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/790586/Experimental_Night_Flying_pack.html#Post790586

Last edited by Moggy; 01/24/23 10:38 AM.
#4619282 - 01/24/23 11:45 AM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Things have come a long way since then, smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

VonBeerhofen

BTW the initiator of this thread hasn't been seen since 2014

#4619287 - 01/24/23 12:10 PM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
Moggy Online content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Moggy  Online Content
EAW Old Timer and Bodger
Hotshot

Certainly have.

#4619296 - 01/24/23 02:46 PM Re: night missions [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen
I know, doesn't sound to me as a good reason to drag this particular 12 year old topic from the depths of the Underworld and open up old wounds in spite of the specific warnings from the SimHQ moderators. You better stay away from raking up these past attacks as you are risking the total annihilation of this EAW forum!
[Linked Image]

VonBeerhofen

The facts are simple.
Two days ago when I checked to see who was online I saw a new member who was reading this thread. So I had a look too, and realising that it was way out of date I added some posts to update it.
Nothing more and nothing less smile

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4619300 - 01/24/23 03:26 PM Re: night missions [Re: capt_cooper]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

What an extra ordinary coincidence, I added a few more things too but more as a teaser for the general public. I hope your guy picks up on it and understands why my creations belong to me and will only be available for download when I choose so, irrespective of external pressure. Their campaigns are still far from finished. Just saying. Maybe some day he will even understand my difficulties when instructing dozens of online pilots in the art of file managing for a decade and to make what I consider the best choice for the Launchpad pilots, which is why we're still flying every other day and having fun. Things haven't changed much in that respect since then, and I doubt they ever will, we'll see, smile

VonBeerhofen

#4619347 - 01/25/23 10:51 AM Re: night missions [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by MrJelly
Whilst we are considering what gets transmitted by the host, are you aware of what does not get transmitted in 1.2 and your FXExe?
When you do a 1943 sweep does every player always see the same AI's, or does one guy in a 190A see a P38H and someone else sees a P47C because each player's PC generates the AIs.
You claim to be a champion of online EAW, but would any serious gamer want to use an exe where they can only pick a region, not a target, and no bases? Of course, they could run parallel systems with multiple EAW folders so they could use yours if there were no other choices, or OAW128 with 1.28C or D..

Since I hadn't had the opportunity to react in the original thread on Jelly's claims of none transmitted plane data in 1943 on line missions with FXEXE, I decided to have a look at that myself and ran 3 entirely different missions with two computers in an on line home environment.

First an observation of this thread which began with something about night fighting but soon started to change shape into something else which oozes intimidation, not uncommon in this 'forum' and a typical code group modus operandus. 5 dead horses on one single page, wow! It almost looks like an abattoir. A thread started by a guy who hasn't been seen since 2014 and revived after 12+ years, showing multiple pictures of MY old searchlights because some guy was caught browsing this particular thread from 12+ years ago, rofl.

Anyway, I tested Mr. Jelly's claims and found that all v1.2 derivatives, including FXEXE and EAWPRO produced the exact same aircraft, same numer of planes, the same mission type in the exact same location in EAW, even human flown heavies, on either machine. So that proofs that these guys were just as little all knowing as anyone else at the time, including myself probably. I already believed it to sound weird as we spend a lot of time investigating these mishaps with Pobs and JG51, which even could result in flying in areas more then 500 miles apart. We used to call these missions Search and Rescue, since regularly one player had to deal with all enemies and his supports could only try to reach his location ASAP to help. Of course that could take a pretty long time so it wasn't something we did regularly. Anyway, the cause of these discrepancies was identified and from there on everything worked as it should, just as it does now with all v1.2 derivatives. It just shows that people aren't always right, even though they claim they are and that the other guy doesn't know what he's talking about, which is probably the lamest excuse for not entering an honest debate about these issues. I'm also sure that the entire EAW community took his word for granted, they just couldn't proof the opposite. I think I didn't even bother to respond knowing that Jels's claim was nonsense and left for 5 years of fun with my on line friends, that was until a guy who called himself Hector infiltrated the Launchpad in 2015 and ran off with my creation (including my searchlights).

So this once more leads to the question, where did this fake news about FXEXE and v1.2 come from? I mean, both versions work 100%OK, and if you don't believe me try hooking up 2 computers through your router with the game on it and start counting planes as I did. If the claim was not coming from a 1.2 version or it's source code, then the code is much more likely to be a 1.1 version, where not all AI were taken care of yet and all other things mentioned in the official v1.2 upgrade were also not implied. After all it's clear that the claim didn't come from testing existing versions, because that would have clearly shown they work fine. This is also much more in line with the v1.1 EXE's filesize of the first code group release, as I already mentioned long ago. Mind you I haven't tested v1.1 but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it does have the problem Mr. Jelly is talking about and undoubtedly the first code group releases prior to this particular post probably will have too, although it's something which is very easy to deny, after all it can not be proven unless someone other then a code group member can still test those.

Not that it matters much today, but this attack on the FXEXE was clearly nonsense and just another attempt to glorify the code group's version. It highlight's the animosity which was playing out at the time and puts it right back in today's animosity, throwing more dirt on the FXEXE and EAWPRO for a 2nd time, and that goes entirely against SimHQ's ignored warnings. So I hope SimHQ doesn't mind me giving it all back to Mr.Jelly so justice can be served. Stop your silly attacks by using my creations Mr. Jelly and stop dragging old attacking posts from the past into the now!
[Linked Image]

VonBeerhofen

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.