Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#4615223 - 11/30/22 11:22 AM Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out.  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4615263 - 11/30/22 05:39 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Hmm, I briefly skimmed the patch notes and didn't notice any big additions. Have you noticed any?

I'm having a hard time working up the will to hop back into Elite after enjoying X4 this past month. So much more to do and one can have a HUGE impact on not only the economy(which is real and quite detailed in function), but also factions and territory.

#4615268 - 11/30/22 06:00 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Hmm, I briefly skimmed the patch notes and didn't notice any big additions

Oh come on, didn't you see this?!

"Exploding ships will no longer lose their paint jobs for a few frames"

We've been calling for that since day one biggrin

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4615276 - 11/30/22 06:11 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Hmm, I briefly skimmed the patch notes and didn't notice any big additions. Have you noticed any?

I'm having a hard time working up the will to hop back into Elite after enjoying X4 this past month. So much more to do and one can have a HUGE impact on not only the economy(which is real and quite detailed in function), but also factions and territory.

Not really.
Seem to be some changes to Thargoid stuff, which I`m not doing. May be I will start learning how to hunt them.
Also some changes to scanning on planets, which I am not doing for the moment.
Until now I have not found the Oddesy things enjoyable. May be I should look more into it, but I have to be more motivated as I have not found something that really sparks my interest.

CHANGES OF NOTE:
New content and gameplay for the ongoing Thargoid narrative. Good luck, Commanders!
We’re being a little bit deliberate with vagueness on this one, Commanders. We’d love you to discover more on this gameplay yourselves on release of the update.

Increases have been made to the base payout for scanning organics.
Increases have been made to the multiplier for first-time organic scans from 2 to 5.
Commanders playing 'Live' have a new option in the Options menu to 'reset to orbit', in order to release themselves from unintended tricky situations.
Commanders playing 'Legacy' will still be able to launch 'Base Game Elite Dangerous (without Horizons)' to 'reset to orbit'

Last edited by Wigean; 11/30/22 06:12 PM. Reason: Typo

“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
#4615293 - 11/30/22 08:04 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
When new ships are added and when you can walk around and fully explore the interior of your ship then I'll reinstall. I have both the Federal Corvette and the Imperial Cutter and it would be nice to admire their interiors (besides the cockpit of course).

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4615300 - 11/30/22 09:08 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I would love full ship interiors in Elite. Maybe someday? Meanwhile I discovered a ship in X4 that does have a full interior modeled. Everything else has a partial interior that I have found, so far, but this full one is like Egosoft's attempt at Star Citizen's 890, except smaller, say in-between Constellation and 890 size.

Pretty darned cool.

#4615433 - 12/02/22 03:41 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Hmm, apparently Thargoids are invading the bubble.

#4615447 - 12/02/22 11:33 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Hmm, apparently Thargoids are invading the bubble.

That can be quite dicey as I'm sure many players (including me) don't have any ships equipped with the anti-Thargoid weaponry.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4615471 - 12/02/22 02:40 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I haven't played in a while, but I still visit the Frontier boards daily. Nice to see some Elite discussion here.

Count me as one who does not care to see ship interiors. Yeah, it would be cool, but I often use the case of Silent Hunter to illustrate the point. In that sim, the players clamored for years to have the ability to walk around the boat. When it was finally implemented we all took a stroll about, and it is indeed pretty cool. Hey, there's the skipper's bed, and over here is the radio room, and I'll just duck through this hatch and hey, there's the control room and up to the conning tower.

That was neat.

And then?

Never again, hotkeys used to snap around to the various stations, and all that work to implement the ability to walk around was used once, maybe twice. Maybe some players would indeed continue to stroll around their ship many times over. But I suspect such a thing would be rather rare in the player base. Personally, I'd much rather the devs implement features and systems that I'll use often, and ship interiors are mostly flash and little substance.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4615493 - 12/02/22 05:12 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: DBond]  
Bohemond Offline
Bohemond  Offline

Albuquerque, NM
Flew an SLF once to help out a squaddie bug hunt. Was kinda fun, I guess. Just not enough to justify it the grind of Guardian weapons and engineering a dedicated AX boat. YMMV.

#4615694 - 12/05/22 08:23 AM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Bohemond]  
RAM22 Offline
RAM22  Offline

Originally Posted by Bohemond
Flew an SLF once to help out a squaddie bug hunt. Was kinda fun, I guess. Just not enough to justify it the grind of Guardian weapons and engineering a dedicated AX boat. YMMV.

I'm all fitted out for AX hunting. But as it turns out, after I did all the grinding, I ended up shelving Elite for some time.

In the late spring, the owners of our rental house decided to sell. Took us some time, but my daughter and I finally found a house to buy. We're finally moved. I'm exhausted. Still in TN, about 60 miles from where we were living.

Did the latest update 14 the week after it released and Elite won't run on my rig any longer?? Keeps crashing out. Doubt I'll be able to afford to update my rig to make it run.

Sorry for not being around, haven't even been on TS for probably near a year. Figured I'd stop being lazy and jump in and let ya'll know I'm still kickin'!

But Elite's not! sigh

Sure do miss ya'll! Will try to jump on TS later this week. Still unpacking.

Cheers,

Brian

Last edited by RAM22; 12/05/22 08:26 AM.
#4616551 - 12/13/22 04:13 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
After a very long break lasting several months I decided to reinstall Elite Dangerous yesterday. It took me a couple of hours to iron out my rustiness but I'm good to go. I'm participating in the community event to ship supplies to the Imperial station of Bok Orbital in the Ru Shil system.

#4616654 - 12/14/22 02:57 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
So am I.

Delivered 690 tons a couple of hours ago.
May be I’ll do some more later tonight.

Profit is low though.

#4616655 - 12/14/22 03:14 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted by Wigean
So am I.

Profit is low though.

I currently have about 4.7 billion credits so I'm not worried about that too much. biggrin

#4616670 - 12/14/22 06:16 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by Wigean
So am I.

Profit is low though.

I currently have about 4.7 billion credits so I'm not worried about that too much. biggrin

Greed is a necessity for me in this game. biggrin

My overall assets are now at 21.4 billion.

I want to be rewarded for all the grinding. smile

#4616671 - 12/14/22 06:27 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Wigean]  
Mr_Blastman Offline
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Offline
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Y'all should check out X4 if you're motivated so much by assets, except in X4 the path to riches is extremely interesting and thoughtful, rather than repetitive and grindy.

#4616675 - 12/14/22 07:14 PM Re: Elite Dangerous Update 14 is out. [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Wigean Offline
Wigean  Offline

Oslo
Y'all should check out X4 if you're motivated so much by assets, except in X4 the path to riches is extremely interesting and thoughtful, rather than repetitive and grindy.

I might just do that.

smile I won`t say that I anmotivated by assets in general, but I have to admit that in ED it is a driving force in some aspects.

Thx for the tip Mr_Blastman.

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.