Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4614207 - 11/19/22 02:04 PM Re: CH Products [Re: Sokol1]  
JohnnyChemo Online sleepy
JohnnyChemo  Online Sleepy

Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted by Sokol1
Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo

https://virpil-controls.us.com/delivery-info-us
The joystick is very nice as well, though it's plastic and I do miss the feel of my metal Cougar stick.

Just in case, can plug the Cougar grip in VirPil base, they are compatible. wink

The base is VKB, not Virpil (my throttle is Virpil).

The Cougar stick is from the original Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar ca. 2004 (?), so I have my doubts as to compatibility.
EDIT - ok, there's an adapter kit that looks like it may work. I'll pass though, the VKB stick has a lot more buttons/hats/etc that I'd rather keep. But cool to know it may work!

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4614224 - 11/19/22 04:41 PM Re: CH Products [Re: oldgrognard]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
So how much are you getting ? Anywhere near the forecast 4 feet ?

I just copied this from a news article regarding the Buffalo Bills this weekend.

"The NFL made the right call relocating Sunday's game. Orchard Park, the home of the Bills' stadium, recorded 66 inches of snow.

That being said, there's one issue with this entire situation. The Bills are still stuck in New York at the moment."

66 inches ? holy cr*p . 5 and a half feet ? Is this true JohnnyChemo ?

#4614230 - 11/19/22 05:02 PM Re: CH Products [Re: WangoTango]  

Buffalo, NY
Yeah, Orchard Park was one of the areas that got nailed pretty good. We got about 18" Thursday night/Friday morning. Then nothing all day Friday, then another foot last night. It's been sunny for a bit this afternoon, and the driveway and my street is cleared to the pavement. The snow is currently hitting areas north of me, and it will settle back down and drop a few more inches on me before heading further south and fizzling out.

According to what I've read, the Bills will leave sometime this afternoon. They are trying to following their typical road game schedule. They should be able to get out ok. I'm only a few miles from the airport, there's nothing weather wise right now that would keep them here.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
-Robert Heinlein
#4614234 - 11/19/22 05:20 PM Re: CH Products [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Yeah, Orchard Park was one of the areas that got nailed pretty good. We got about 18" Thursday night/Friday morning. Then nothing all day Friday, then another foot last night. It's been sunny for a bit this afternoon, and the driveway and my street is cleared to the pavement. The snow is currently hitting areas north of me, and it will settle back down and drop a few more inches on me before heading further south and fizzling out.

According to what I've read, the Bills will leave sometime this afternoon. They are trying to following their typical road game schedule. They should be able to get out ok. I'm only a few miles from the airport, there's nothing weather wise right now that would keep them here.

That's good that they will be able safely leave Buffalo. Sucks for the fans of Buffalo to miss out on a home game though.

#4614241 - 11/19/22 06:34 PM Re: CH Products [Re: WangoTango]  

Buffalo, NY
It does indeed. The schedule this year backloaded a lot of home games, so most of the season they've been away so far.
And of course Bills Mafia is pretty intense so there's the homefield advantage lost too.

-Robert Heinlein
#4614248 - 11/19/22 07:53 PM Re: CH Products [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
It does indeed. The schedule this year backloaded a lot of home games, so most of the season they've been away so far.
And of course Bills Mafia is pretty intense so there's the homefield advantage lost too.

Bill's Mafia are crazy. From butt funnels to diving onto tables. Probably a lot of fun, for the younger crowd.

#4614260 - 11/19/22 09:14 PM Re: CH Products [Re: WangoTango]  

Buffalo, NY
Definitely for the younger crowd. I've been to plenty of games, but I never witnessed then the stuff that goes on now!

-Robert Heinlein
#4614271 - 11/19/22 11:15 PM Re: CH Products [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Definitely for the younger crowd. I've been to plenty of games, but I never witnessed then the stuff that goes on now!

Viral videos. It makes people do crazy stuff.

#4614364 - 11/20/22 07:21 PM Re: CH Products [Re: WangoTango]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
VKB rudder pedals bought today. Looking forward to a complete VKB HOTAS and pedals. It should take my flight simming to the next level.

#4614374 - 11/20/22 09:12 PM Re: CH Products [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
I don't think the travel ban would have been an issue for me. I'm on the border between a "Travel Ban" and a "Travel Advisory." We're at the edge of the snow band and haven't gotten much since this morning. In fact, there's been a quite a bit of sunshine.
That is supposed to change, possibly another foot or so tonight. But I'll believe it when I'm shoveling it out.

Good news on the throttle! And so quickly! I had to wait about a month for my Virpil throttle to get here!!

Above zero temperatures the rest of the week. That is a lot of snow that will be melting. It will be interesting to see how Highmark Stadium handles it.

#4614387 - 11/21/22 12:29 AM Re: CH Products [Re: WangoTango]  

Buffalo, NY
Within a few days most of the snow will be gone. There will probably be some flooding that goes along with that, but I'm guessing not too much as the temps aren't going too far above freezing so the thaw will be slow.
I'd rather see it go a little faster, there's a few things I still need to clear out and I'd appreciate the help!

As for the stadium, next home game isn't until Dec 11 so who knows!

-Robert Heinlein
#4614391 - 11/21/22 01:17 AM Re: CH Products [Re: JohnnyChemo]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Within a few days most of the snow will be gone. There will probably be some flooding that goes along with that, but I'm guessing not too much as the temps aren't going too far above freezing so the thaw will be slow.
I'd rather see it go a little faster, there's a few things I still need to clear out and I'd appreciate the help!

As for the stadium, next home game isn't until Dec 11 so who knows!

I guess wait and see what mother nature does first. That is a massive job to take on, clearing the stadium.

#4615071 - 11/28/22 10:17 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: WangoTango]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
WWII Throttle and T- Rudder Pedals have arrived.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by WangoTango; 11/28/22 10:22 PM.
#4615073 - 11/28/22 10:45 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: WangoTango]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
whoohoo Nice! Looks like a great setup! Oh, and FYI, the rudder pedals go on the floor hahaha exitstageleft

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4615075 - 11/28/22 11:26 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: WangoTango]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Lovely setup WT thumbsup

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4615078 - 11/28/22 11:55 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: Arthonon]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Arthonon
whoohoo Nice! Looks like a great setup! Oh, and FYI, the rudder pedals go on the floor hahaha exitstageleft

haha, I knew some one would say that.

#4615079 - 11/28/22 11:55 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: Adger]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Adger
Lovely setup WT thumbsup

Thanks. Now to work on a bigger desk and monitor.

#4615954 - 12/07/22 02:25 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: WangoTango]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
The VKB WWII Throttle has been a headache ever since I got it. I would recommend staying away from it until they gets things sorted out. Flashing the firmware caused to HID USB to brick. They sent me a replacement HID (15 $ part) When I opened the THQ, I noticed the wiring from the grip had been pinched. Must have been during the install, as there was no interference inside when moving the grip back and forth. The new HID worked using default settings, but if a profile was created, the device crashed. You have to create a profile for older games that only recognize 32 buttons. The software for the NXT line is very buggy.
I am also finding out that they have a customer service rep who is a straight up troll. I won't get too much into that.
Beware. Their products ship from China, very expensive to ship, and after purchase customer service has been a hassle so far. Too be fair, it appears to be one rep. But this experience has tainted my view of VKB. I wish I went with CH Products. I will be when I get my refund. The pedals I do like, low profile and very responsive. Those I will keep. But unfortunately there is no way to make them function in Wings Over The Reich.

#4615969 - 12/07/22 03:46 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: WangoTango]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. CH will almost undoubtedly be more reliable. As mentioned before, I have Thrustmaster stuff, and so far (knock wood) I haven't had any programming or hardware recognition issues. I have their Warthog setup, plus their MFD buttons, and it's all been fine. I have older Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals that I really like, and just recently picked up a Simgears F-16C ICP, and it worked out of the box with no issues as well.

This is not a recommendation because I have never used them, but I have seen some decent feedback on Winwing stuff, but I don't know what's available, and the pricing seems to be on the higher end. I think their stuff ships directly from China as well, so that might be an issue too.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#4616006 - 12/07/22 07:21 PM Re: CH Products and alternatives [Re: Arthonon]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Arthonon
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. CH will almost undoubtedly be more reliable. As mentioned before, I have Thrustmaster stuff, and so far (knock wood) I haven't had any programming or hardware recognition issues. I have their Warthog setup, plus their MFD buttons, and it's all been fine. I have older Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals that I really like, and just recently picked up a Simgears F-16C ICP, and it worked out of the box with no issues as well.

This is not a recommendation because I have never used them, but I have seen some decent feedback on Winwing stuff, but I don't know what's available, and the pricing seems to be on the higher end. I think their stuff ships directly from China as well, so that might be an issue too.

I like the fact I can order CH Products from Vancouver Canada.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.