Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4607580 - 09/03/22 05:30 PM Claims  
Kepotica Offline
Kepotica  Offline

Hello flyers
I have recently purchase the game and enjoy it immensely but i am finding a couple of issues with the claims i make.
I have claims set to normal and on occasion i have taken my plane up for a test flight and have shot down enemy aircraft which have crashed within the boundary of my airfield and yet my claims have been rejected.

Also, i have had many more claims confirmed than are reflected in my pilot log book, it only shows the first dozen or so entries be they confirmed or rejected, the next page is medals and so on. Does anyone else have this issue?

One last thing is where in game do i see what my current version is as it does not show on the loading screen as i was thinking i may need to update it but then i only purchased the game a fortnight ago

Thanks in advance for any help

#4607583 - 09/03/22 06:18 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Claims I’m not to sure about I’ll let someone else chime in..

Game version is shown in the Workshop settings screen but..it wouldn’t matter if you bought the sim yesterday, it doesn’t do automatic updates so you’re probably at 1.0 mate. Download the latest patch from the website I believe it’s 1.34 and you’re good to go, and welcome to the forum and the sim Kepotica.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4607585 - 09/03/22 06:40 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Hi Kepotica,

With regards to the claims, when set to normal, several factors come into play. ........

Was anyone in the area when you shot the aircraft down.

The weather during your sortie (remember weather can not only prevent others flying with you but also the ability for those on the ground to see the aircraft fall).

Was it over enemy lines.

Even if everything above is in your favour, your claim is still subject to the foibles and 'mood' of the claims board.

A lot of aces in ww1 had a great many claims rejected (or as the French used....Probables). If every claim was accepted David Putnam would have left Eddie Rickenbacker in his wake for the USA and George Madon would have something like 120 kills.

As for your second question about only seeing a part of your claims list. Look to the bottom of your claims screen, it will say scroll down. Same with your mission screen.

Cheers

Albert

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4607590 - 09/03/22 07:00 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

" Hello flyers

Also, i have had many more claims confirmed than are reflected in my pilot log book, it only shows the first dozen or so entries be they confirmed or rejected, the next page is medals and so on. Does anyone else have this issue?

One last thing is where in game do i see what my current version is as it does not show on the loading screen as i was thinking i may need to update it but then i only purchased the game a fortnight ago

Thanks in advance for any help
"

Hallo @Kepotica,

claims:
Hmm, normally you find your claims (confirmed / rejected) on page 5 and 6. You have 17 lines for the first 17 claims. If your system has confirmed the claim then you should see it here.

Version:
Your current version you should see on the loading screen in the bottom right corner and if you go to the workshop.

Greetings

#4607591 - 09/03/22 07:18 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
lederhosen Offline
lederhosen  Offline

Germany
claims can be very frustrating, especially for pilots with 3yrs or less flight time in this sim. After that you just seem ready to except what happens.
If you look through posts (mine) you should find my "Claim system" which heavily depends on "YOUR" honesty.
Fact of the matter is that many RL pilots had lots of claims rejected (depending on which service) and many had tooooo many accepted.

In the end everything balances out though.
ps. you should perhaps just celebrate the fact that you made it back (or down) in one piece.

Last edited by lederhosen; 09/03/22 07:20 PM.

make mistakes and learn from them

I5 4440 3.1Ghz, Asrock B85m Pro3, Gtx 1060 3GB
#4607603 - 09/03/22 09:03 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
JFM Offline
JFM  Offline

Naples, FL
As people have said here, many claims in RL were rejected--but let's be honest, never when the plane shot down crashed within the boundary of the victor's own airfield, as the OP described. This has happened to me and sundry others over the years, too. Kepotica, just accept that while fun and cool to use, the claims system isn't perfect/flawless and sometimes you get robbed. On the other hand, I've been told in a postflight briefing to be sure I make a claim--and I hadn't even realized I had shot down anyone! The reminder to make a claim led to a tallied victory. So, as lederhosen said, things balance out over a campaign.

#4607604 - 09/03/22 09:27 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Kepotica Offline
Kepotica  Offline

Hi & thanks for the responses.

I managed to upgrade to 1.34 but what i mean with the claims is that i am getting confirmed kills yet the log book only shows the first 16 entries be they confirmed or rejected, i thought that the log book would show all kills/rejections over several pages. I guess i shall have to purchase a nice leather bound book and keep a pencil handy!

Thanks again for your help!

#4607607 - 09/03/22 09:34 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

... is it possible, that you must scroll down page 5 and 6?

Greetings!

#4607616 - 09/03/22 11:06 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Albert Tross Offline
Flight Sim Nut
Albert Tross  Offline
Flight Sim Nut

UK
Originally Posted by Kepotica
Hi & thanks for the responses.

I managed to upgrade to 1.34 but what i mean with the claims is that i am getting confirmed kills yet the log book only shows the first 16 entries be they confirmed or rejected, i thought that the log book would show all kills/rejections over several pages!

Hi, as per previous responses you need to look to the bottom of your screen when on the claims page and it will say 'scroll down' or 'page down'.

Do that and you'll see your additional claims/confirmations/rejections.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."
#4607620 - 09/03/22 11:56 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Kepotica Offline
Kepotica  Offline

Ahhh yes got it!

Thank you, i missed the scroll up/down bit as i was using the 'next page' function. All confirmations & rejections are present!

Any recommendations on what aircraft to fly as a beginner? I'm having a lot of fun/success with the Sopwith Triplane but i struggle with the Albatross' and the early war machines such as the DH2 i simply cannot fathom out as i keep spinning out of control very easily.

Thanks again for the help.

#4607627 - 09/04/22 01:19 AM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
The Sopwith Pup is very forgiving and easy to fly. For a little more power, try the Se5 or Se5a. On the German side, the Fokker DVii is king, although it won't teach you much about flying the early war planes.

Avoid the DH2 for now. It wasn't known as "The spinning incinerator" for nothing!

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4607629 - 09/04/22 01:51 AM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
VonS Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
VonS  Offline
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac

@OP, depends on the period of war when starting as a beginner. For early war, I would recommend something like the Bristol Scout (a wonderful aircraft; the aiming system on it will take a bit of getting used to but otherwise a fine aircraft). For the Central Powers, some of the two-seaters such as the early Aviatiks are fairly docile. The Eindeckers are somewhat slippery. If you want something a bit more stable but a one-seater, try the Pfalz E.III (parasol). For mid-war, as BB says, try the Pup if flying for the Entente; if flying Central, try the early Albies (Alb. D.I, Alb. D.II -- those are fairly stable to fly, less slippery than the Alb. D.III and D.V/Va series). For late war, I would go with the Se5a (either the standard Hisso 5a or the Viper), if flying Entente, and Fokk. D.VII (OAW variant, more sturdily built, or the VIIF BMW-powered variant) if flying Central.

Once you become a well-seasoned flier, then I would recommend choosing some of the more challenging mounts - such as the Fokker Eindeckers, Pfalz D.III, Fokker Dr.I, also the Fokker D.VI, as well as the Sopwith Camel on the Entente side (particularly the Bentley-powered Camel), and of course anything from the SPAD series.

Cheers and happy flying,
Von S smile2

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~
#4607681 - 09/04/22 07:10 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Putting claims, and how to enter a good amount of data has been covered a few times, but basically add your position, near x, what happened to the enemy, how many bursts you gave it etc, where it crashed or spiralled OOC whatever, witnesses etc.

When near your field, often the ground gunner will be shooting too and often hit, so bear that in mind. Otherwise you can try setting outcomes to "easy" in Workshops.

I shot the Red Baron down, no no it was the ground gunners.

Last edited by Polovski; 09/04/22 07:35 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#4607695 - 09/04/22 11:32 PM Re: Claims [Re: Polovski]  
catch Offline
catch  Offline

QLD, Australia
Originally Posted by Polovski

I shot the Red Baron down, no no it was the [Aussie] ground gunners.

Just to put this to bed forever ....

Statement corrected with added information lol.

#4607711 - 09/05/22 08:17 AM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Trooper117 Offline
Hotshot
Trooper117  Offline
Hotshot

UK
Fair dinkum...

#4607723 - 09/05/22 02:25 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
RAF_Louvert Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man
RAF_Louvert  Offline
BOC President; Pilot Extraordinaire; Humble Man

L'Etoile du Nord

Ah yes, the grand old WOFF claims ponderings. Puts me in mind of one of the songs from the Wings Over Flanders Fields Greatest Hits Album, "Your Cheated Claims", (sung to the tune of "Your Cheatin' Heart" by Hank Williams, with apologies to his fans everywhere).

Your cheated claims will make you blue.
You watch 'em crash, but get the screw.
For as in life,
You'll lose a few.
You're cheated claims, in WOFF that's true.

When planes fall down and burn and flame.
Note place and time, and witness name.
Yet still your prize is denied you.

Your cheated claims will make you weep,
Come medal time brass hats get cheap.
They'll say your score is shy a few.
Your cheated claims will tell on you

When planes fall down and burn and flame.
Note place and time, and witness name.
Yet still your prize is denied you.

[Linked Image]

Three RFC Brass Hats were strolling down a street in London. Two walked into a bar, the third one ducked.

Former Cold War Warrior, USAF Security Service 1974-1978, E-4, Morse Systems Intercept, England, Europe, and points above.
"pippy-pahpah-pippy pah-pip-pah"

#4607812 - 09/06/22 04:45 PM Re: Claims [Re: RAF_Louvert]  
77_Scout Offline
77_Scout  Offline

Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by RAF_Louvert
. "Your Cheated Claims", (sung to the tune of "Your Cheatin' Heart" by Hank Williams .[/b][/i]

Too funny! You definitely missed your calling as a lyrics composer.

#4607847 - 09/07/22 08:20 AM Re: Claims [Re: catch]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Originally Posted by catch
Originally Posted by Polovski

I shot the Red Baron down, no no it was the [Aussie] ground gunners.

Just to put this to bed forever ....

Statement corrected with added information lol.

No don't start me on that one.

Regards,

Polovski,
#4610174 - 10/03/22 10:07 AM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Hi all,

I have an other question:
It has been a long time since I have 2 claims (setting "normal") after one mission. When I have written these 2 claims I did registrate, that I can only use one and the same witness for both claims. But there were 2 different witnesses who have seen my 2 claims.

So is it possible to use separate witnesses for every claim after a mission (it doesn't seem so)?

Thanks for answer!

Last edited by Becker01; 10/21/22 11:35 AM.
#4610311 - 10/04/22 01:32 PM Re: Claims [Re: Kepotica]  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Put it in the description text instead. Witnessed by xxxx

Last edited by Polovski; 10/04/22 01:32 PM.

Regards,

Polovski,
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM