Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31
#4607232 - 08/30/22 04:32 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Thank you very much @BB!!

I'm happy about that and I hope I can fly with it at the weekend!

Greetings!

#4607292 - 08/31/22 04:05 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thank you BB ..another fantastic iteration of your OCM. Many thanks for your continued work mate.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4607584 - 09/03/22 06:18 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

Hallo @BB,

yesterday I have had time to compare your OCM4.4. with OCM4.2, of course only in quick-combat, because the campaign-comparison is very difficult.
And, at first, all works fine!!!

My feedback: Please let me say, that in quick combat I like more the 4.2-cloud-sky. Why? In 4.2 you have more cloud-variants with a better feeling to fly under overcast cloud-layer, there are more cloud-particles and fog-layer at lower altitudes. Altogether it seems the clouds of 4.2 are showing more variability IMHO (additionally: In WOFF-default you have Cumulus and you have the ability and the talent to simulate Stratus!).

For example:
OCM4.2 BBcloud and fog low / OCM4.4 is missing
OCM4.2 BB cloud and fog (better overcast IMHO)
OCM4.2 BBMist and clouds (better overcast IMHO)
OCM4.2 BBMist / OCM4.4 is missing
OCM4.2 BBOvercast with rain (better overcast IMHO)
OCM4.2 BBRain and fog (the only cloud variant with a full stratus-layer!)
OCM4.2 PRFog (good fog-layer) / OCM4.4 is missing

But of course the effect in campaign-mode is more important. So it is possibe, that my impression is an error of mine.

For a better understanding: My priority is not the problem with popping / flashing (maybe it is not so big on my system, so what shall’s?)!
My interest is a cloud-variability as realistic and varied as possible.

So -long speech, short sense- let me ask this: Which one is the best BH&H2-compatible OCM-Mod to get the most realistic and varied cloud-sky (without any account of popping / flashing!)?

Thanks for answer and all the great work!!

Greetings

Last edited by Becker01; 09/04/22 09:18 AM.
#4607592 - 09/03/22 07:20 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Good question, Becker.

The short answer is that 4.2 is probably better, if you want more cloud variability and cloud flashing is not much of a problem on your system. 4.4 was mainly designed around getting rid of as many clouds with flashing problems as possible. Unfortunately, for some reason, many of the flat or stratus clouds are the ones that seem to have the worst flashing or popping problems, so I had to eliminate some of them in 4.4.

There are one or two errors I still need to correct in 4.2, so I will have to upload a new version of 4.2 later.

Thanks for the feedback. If anything else, having two versions gives users a choice as to which they like best.

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4608205 - 09/10/22 01:18 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
As I have said before, not everyone experiences a lot of cloud flashing on their computer, or at least they are not bothered by it very much. For those lucky people, I have some good news. At the urging of VonS, Becker01, and a few others, I have decided to upgrade version 2.9.2 of the mod to incorporate variants of many of the new BB clouds that have since been added to OCM 3.0 and OCM 4.0. In fact, since I now have several versions of the OCM on my computer, I have decided to offer these versions as a package of cloud mods, to give the user the ultimate flexibility in their choice of clouds for the game. Therefore, the next public release of the mod will contain the following three versions of the mod:

OCM 2.9.3 for users who either don't have, or aren't bothered by cloud flashing, and who prefer the most varied and realistic clouds, including fog and stratus cloud types. Suitable for all versions of WOFF.

OCM 4.5 for users who want more clouds than the stock game, but who don't like the fog and stratus cloud types that seem to be a major cause of cloud flashing. OCM 4.5 has also been optimized to work best with BHaH2.

OCM RJW's Reduced Clouds version for those who prefer more clouds than in the stock game, but who experience, or are bothered by, cloud flashing on their computer.

All three versions have been optimized to reduce high-level cloud popping as much as possible. Users of 2.9.3 will probably experience more cloud flashing than users of the other two versions, but most likely only at low altitudes.

Since all three versions are already complete (with the exception of the update to 2.9.2 and a few minor adjustments to 4.2), it shouldn't be long before the update is ready.

BB

Last edited by BuckeyeBob; 09/10/22 01:25 AM. Reason: added additional information

“With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is merely good manners. You may judge which motive is the more reliable.”
#4608231 - 09/10/22 01:06 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Panama Red Offline
Panama Red  Offline

Irmo, SC, USA
Thank you, options are always best. thumbsup

CPU = i9 11900K
GPU = RTX 3080 Ti
Monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG32UQX 2160p G-sync
#4608251 - 09/10/22 03:30 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Indeed. There should be a version that should satisfy just about anyone.

Well, almost... wink

#4609686 - 09/27/22 04:29 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
The updated mod is now in the final testing stages and should be ready for release within a few days. In order to reduce confusion, I have decided to update the version number of all three mod "packages" to version 5.0. The following is the full name and a brief description of each:

WOFF Optional Cloud Mod 5.0 Full Clouds Option

The Full Clouds Option is an updated and improved version of OCM 2.9.2, with the addition of more than 20 weather types from OCM 3.0, 4.0, 4.2, and 4.4. This version has the greatest variety of clouds, including fog clouds, haze clouds, and stratus (flat) clouds. Recommended for most users.

WOFF Optional Cloud Mod 5.0 Reduced Clouds Option

The Reduced Clouds Option removes or uses revised versions of many of the fog and stratus clouds found in the Full Clouds Option that may cause problems for some users. Recommended for users who experience undesirable levels of cloud flashing, strobing, or popping when using the Full Clouds Option.

WOFF Optional Cloud Mod 5.0 RJW Lighter Clouds Option

The RJW Lighter Clouds Option eliminates even more clouds with flashing or popping problems from the mod, while still providing more variety in weather types than the original game. Recommended for users who want more clouds than “vanilla” WOFF, but who want to reduce as much cloud flashing and popping as possible.

In addition to the changes to the Full Clouds Option (formerly OCM 2.9.2), the other two versions have also been updated, so users of either version of 4.4 may also want to update to the new version.

Cheers!

#4610005 - 09/30/22 09:43 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
The WOFF Optional Cloud Mod 5.0 Pack is now available for download! To download the mod, scroll down to the bottom of the first post in this thread. The mod should also be available on Sandbagger's site within the next day or so.

As stated above, there are now three versions of the mod. The Full Clouds Option is recommended for most users and contains the greatest variety of clouds and weather conditions. However, some users (particularly those with less powerful computer systems) may experience an undesirable level of cloud flashing and strobing with the full version. These users may want to try the Reduced Clouds Option instead. Most of the clouds in the full version are also present in this version, but they have been revised to reduce as much cloud flashing, strobing, and popping as possible. The final version is the RJW Lighter Clouds Option. This option was specifically requested by Robert_Wiggins, due to excessive cloud popping on his system. Many of the clouds that seem to "pop" or inflate quickly into and out of view have been removed from this version, so overall, there are fewer clouds in this version of the mod. This version is recommended for users who particularly dislike cloud popping, as opposed to cloud flashing and strobing. This version may also be the choice for those who prefer to fly in less cloudy conditions, even in so-called "heavy" weather.

Each version of OCM 5.0 is fully compatible with WOFF UE, PE, and BHaH 1 and 2. However, since the mod was developed on BHaH2, some of the clouds may look slightly different on these earlier versions of WOFF.

Instructions for installing and using the mod, along with lots of additional information about how to customize the mod and the many various changes and additions that have been made to the mod, can be found in the included readme file. As always, if you have any questions about the mod, or if you experience any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me on this forum.

Happy flying!

BB

Last edited by BuckeyeBob; 10/01/22 04:43 AM. Reason: minor text changes

#4610011 - 10/01/22 02:56 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
jakethescot1 Offline
jakethescot1  Offline

Absolutely beautiful.

#4610012 - 10/01/22 03:17 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Thanks, Jake.

Did you have a chance to fly some missions already?

All credit for how pretty the clouds look must go to OBD, though. I just found a way to "enhance" their beauty a bit. wink

#4610018 - 10/01/22 08:22 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Sandbagger Offline
Hotshot
Sandbagger  Offline
Hotshot

Coningsby, Lincs, UK
Hi all,
'BuckeyeBob' has released Version 5.0 of his Optional Clouds Mod.

The download is available in the 'User Mods Pages' (Sky Mods).

Sky Mods

The page is dated 1st October 2022. If you don't see that date in the header block of the page, clear your internet cache or refresh the page.

[Linked Image]

Alienware Aurora R5
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7-6700K 4.2Ghz
Two GTX 1080 Foundations in SLI (8 Gig each)
32 Gig DDR4 2133Mhz
1TB SSD boot drive - 1TB SATA storage drive
5.1 Surround Sound
34" Dell Ultra Sharp U3415W (3440x 2440)
CH Pro-Pedals, Stick and Throttle
TrackIR-5 Pro
#4610032 - 10/01/22 01:12 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
jakethescot1 Offline
jakethescot1  Offline

Yes. I have flown several missions and have enjoyed them much. I spend a lot of my time looking at the clouds, and forget to look for enemy aircraft.

#4610067 - 10/01/22 08:23 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Adger Offline
Adger  Offline

Thank's as always BEB cheers

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
#4611822 - 10/23/22 08:46 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Hello B.E.B.

There must be something I'm not getting here. I unzipped the Mod and got the folder with all three Mods and the ReadMe. But, when I click on the Mod options there is nothing in the menue for installing.

The Mod as a whole is in my JSGME but does nothing.

What done I wrong?

I see that in the ReadMe it says that the Mission editor is necessary for optimal use of this Mod but does not say it is required>

Jerbear
[Linked Image]

Attached Files Screenshot 2022-10-23 063912.jpgScreenshot 2022-10-23 064029.jpgScreenshot 2022-10-23 063820.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 10/23/22 08:56 PM.
#4611829 - 10/23/22 10:30 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Hi, jerbear.

Yes, installation is slightly different with v5.0, but you are close. Instead of extracting the main folder to the MODS folder, extract the three subfolders just below the main folder instead. Then, use JSGME to enable just one of the subfolders (Full, Reduced, or Light).

Hopefully, that should clarify things.

Happy flying!

#4611833 - 10/23/22 11:09 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
jerbear Offline
jerbear  Offline

Thanks BEB

I got it but it was a little strange. Couldn't do anything with the 3 versions under the main folder but I copied the option I wanted, pasted it on the main Mod page by itself and JGSME took it and it works now.

Could just be me. I came out backward when I was born, butt first, that's the way everything seems to work for me.

Jerbear partything

#4611836 - 10/24/22 12:24 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
Hmm, no one else has told me of a similar problem. Maybe no one else is using the mod??!! eek2

Please let me know if you have any other issues.

#4612876 - 11/04/22 09:12 PM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
Becker01 Offline
Becker01  Offline

All okay!

Short info:
Every mod I extract in a free folder at first to see what I have. Then I copy the mod (or the favorite part of it, as with your OCM5.0) in the WOFF-mod folder.
That way worked all the time so far.

Greetings!

#4612893 - 11/05/22 01:59 AM Re: Optional Cloud Mod (with Historical Weather files) [Re: BuckeyeBob]  
BuckeyeBob Offline
BuckeyeBob  Offline

Ohio, USA
You can do it that way, too!

Cheers!

Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  Polovski 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
RIP Louis Gosset, Jr
by bones. 03/29/24 02:40 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.