Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#4609378 - 09/23/22 07:30 AM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Montagnac, L'Herault, France
Compared to other flight sims (IL2 etc) it is very simple.

Playing the game:

You run the eaw.exe and it loads instantly
You select "single mission"
You select an aircraft
You set up mission parameters
You fly the mission

In terms of difficulty setting:

Game Set-up
[Linked Image]

Difficulty:
[Linked Image]

Flight:
[Linked Image]

Combat:
[Linked Image]

Display:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by MrJelly; 09/23/22 07:43 AM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4609402 - 09/23/22 12:37 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
CaptJ Offline
CaptJ  Offline

Ay. I also got the impression he was talking more inflight ease. *shrug*

#4609513 - 09/24/22 08:05 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: MrJelly]  
RIBob Offline
RIBob  Offline

With all respect, and your having supplied patches for both GOG and Steam versions of EAW, submit that most existing versions of EAW are not "user-friendly".

Neither Steam nor Gog players of the game are without problems. That is on the purveyors of deficient games, and up to them to fix.

Patching such games is a fine thing, but I think that deliberately intruding another version of the game which the user did not ask for., is something else.

I appreciate your contributions to EAW, but don't appreciate your contributions being "rammed down" anyone's throat.

I also object to such "Forceful" suggestions being made to folks who are ignorant about EAW, and its 'various" iterations.

My comments are not intended as insulting, but to suggest that I have a differing opinion. I certainly appreciate your many contributions to the EAW community.

#4609524 - 09/24/22 10:37 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Cape Charles, Virginia, USA
You're the second guy in the last couple of days who's made these "ram down the throat" type comments pertaining to Mr. Jelly. The guy who has single handedly ( well, with some help from a couple of us modders) kept the sim going for at least the last 10 years.

Cut it out.

You don't have something good to say, say nothing.

Heck, even paranoids have enemies.
#4609543 - 09/25/22 07:00 AM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: RIBob]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by RIBob

Neither Steam nor Gog players of the game are without problems. That is on the purveyors of deficient games, and up to them to fix.

Patching such games is a fine thing, but I think that deliberately intruding another version of the game which the user did not ask for., is something else.

1. They cannot fix the problems, and there is no response from them to the posts re-these problems in the GoG EAW forum and the Steam EAW forum.

[Linked Image]

I do not think that they have the source code or the editors that they need to fix problems like the crashing of career games and the mouse selection issues.
Atari did not have the source code.

2. The patches were OAW installations which provided several additional theatres, skies and terrains for the user to use.
Additionally the GoG version provided the first version of the eaw.exe that GoG released.

Back to the actual topic. EAW is a war flight simulator. All war flight simulators are implicitly complex.
What versions of EAW are you currently running, and can you give us an example of a war flight simulator that is more easy to install and use than EAW?

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

#4609545 - 09/25/22 11:08 AM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Rotton50]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
3DZ Master/Campaign Designer
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Zandvoort, N-H, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Rotton50
You're the second guy in the last couple of days who's made these "ram down the throat" type comments pertaining to Mr. Jelly..

Do I observe some persistent finger pointing here again? Would you like to elaborate on who and what you mean?

I don't think Mr. Jelly has an answer to these problems either judging by the numerous problem threads in this forum, sadly they don't give any insight in how many failed attempts there have been to fix a problem as normally the person simply disappears forever, which is my experience from hosting on line games with OAW in the EAW Launchpad. As always you just need some luck with the version you choose. Ofcourse there have been minor results but all information tells me that there just isn't one fix for all and everything, not even mentioning that some people's preferences can differ a lot. I for instance don't like flawed 3D models but some people seem to believe that others do when they tolerate such issues. Fortunately people can try em all and decide for themselves what they like best, EAWPRO, v1.1, v1.2, v1.28, v1.28E, v1.50, v1.60, OAW, UAW, Gog and Steam versions and all other derivatives which have thus far surfaced. I know, I know, it's not making things any easier is it?

VonBeerhofen

#4609546 - 09/25/22 11:45 AM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
MrJelly Offline
Veteran
MrJelly  Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted by Snow46
Looking for something in the European Theater. I have IL-1946 and enjoying it but stuck still on “easy” mode. My father flew in European Theater and I have always been interested in it.

Snow46 started this thread, and in some of his posts he asked additional questions which were answered fairly.
Some other posts were simply not helpful.

I for instance don't like flawed 3D models but some people seem to believe that others do when they tolerate such issues.

There are issues with the current public release version of EAWPro, but you are obviously prepared to tolerate them.
Because of the two sub-forum set-up I have not raised them. However, you continue to raise issues re- code group releases in this forum, and this is becoming a problem.

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

#4609547 - 09/25/22 11:48 AM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen
Do I observe some persistent finger pointing here again? Would you like to elaborate on who and what you mean?

FSFoot - "MrJelly will always try to 'sell you' the UAW whatever version - since it has become his private project."

Ribob - "I appreciate your contributions to EAW, but don't appreciate your contributions being "rammed down" anyone's throat."

That's two.

#4609548 - 09/25/22 12:00 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

It's what they have observed and I tend to agree with them.

VonBeerhofen

#4609550 - 09/25/22 12:10 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Let’s keep this civil. I’m watching it with interest.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4609551 - 09/25/22 12:24 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: VonBeerhofen]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

Originally Posted by VonBeerhofen
It's what they have observed and I tend to agree with them.

VonBeerhofen

So that's three members who contend Mr. Jelly is the bad guy?

Considering the facts are not on your side, all three of you sound like you are striving for relevance in here.

Again, if you have nothing good to say. say nothing, and let this argument die an early death.

#4609553 - 09/25/22 12:49 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
You are elevating what is being said. They aren’t saying Mr Jelly is the bad guy. A point is being made that there is a clear effort to promote one development system as the only way.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
#4609555 - 09/25/22 01:59 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
Rotton50 Offline
3DZ / campaign designer
Rotton50  Offline
3DZ / campaign designer

I dunno, OG, when someone uses the term "rammed down anyone's throat", it is not conciliatory but rather confrontational. Pointing that out isn't elevating anything.

#4609590 - 09/25/22 07:53 PM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: MrJelly]  
VonBeerhofen Offline
VonBeerhofen  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted by MrJelly
However, you continue to raise issues re- code group releases in this forum, and this is becoming a problem.

Correction, I've raised an issue regarding flawed 3D models and I'm trying to fix them but I doubt I can fix all of em, about 99% isn't R/S compliant, I think Rotton said so too. I have nothing against any code group version and people are free to choose whichever version they prefer, as I wrote previously in this thread. I'm sorry if my inquisitive nature poses a problem for you and the code group, I just happen to know a bit more about EAW then most and I distinctively recall you asking for my opinion regarding v1.28E in this public forum. If however you no longer appreciate what I think about it I will refrain from further comment, I'm not the type of guy who disrespects someone else's wishes.

VonBeerhofen

#4609605 - 09/26/22 01:27 AM Re: Is EAW Beginner Friendly? [Re: Snow46]  
oldgrognard Offline
Administrator
oldgrognard  Offline
Administrator
Lifer

USA
Ok, this is just going to go on tit-for-tat.

Everybody go back to your respective corners.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.