Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 64 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 63 64
#4609351 - 09/22/22 09:46 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: oldgrognard]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by oldgrognard
Be wary of that ! Every time I depend on my brain it lets me down.

biggrin
Wordle is enough of a daily puzzle for me.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#4609352 - 09/22/22 09:57 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
WangoTango Offline
Hotshot
WangoTango  Offline
Hotshot

Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
How is it? Anything like Prey? Immersive sim? Or just a roguelike?

I started playing Outer Worlds a week ago and it is fairly interesting. Already I have made some world altering decisions which have been amusing, such as giving Spacer's Choice the shaft.

It's not my cup of tea. The games you mentioned, I have never played.
Gonna stick with Grid Legends and WOTR for the time being.

#4610578 - 10/06/22 11:58 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
NimRud Offline
NimRud  Offline

Germany
Playing Bloodborne right now and enjoying it tremendously.

Tried it years ago but coudn´ t get into it. Having never played a Souls game before back then I simply didn´ t understand the game system. The extreme difficulty (for me) didn´t help either. biggrin

But with a bit more experience with these kind of games nowadays I can really appreciate the wonderful level and art design. The combat is just brilliant. It really rewards a more agressive play style compared to the other Souls games.

Time is the only luxury.
#4610581 - 10/07/22 01:07 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Blade_RJ Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Blade_RJ  Offline
Simhq Weather man, dropping rain in your parade
Hotshot

brasil
over GFN not bad....but with my country being limited to 1080p subs, really suck to pay FHD on a 4k tv. im actually enjoying it, very responsive, can even play competitive games if there is no download on the house.
while the video is a bit janky, gameplay is actually smooth....i just lrearned the hard way i cant play stream and stream over youtube,lol.

i twisted my nose on release, but i actually enjoyed a bit what im playing over free ubi+. the gun play is actually nice and i would like they bring that to rainbow six or a first person ghost recon, really love the detail in guns animations, like mg ejecting not only the casing but the links, and the scope marks being side the scope moving with the gun, gun recoil is also very nice animated, not that fake, up and down, or forward and back, you can feel the kick of the gun.

#4610587 - 10/07/22 03:13 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Online centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Online Centaurian
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I played through Far Cry 6 cooperatively with a friend and it was quite a lot of fun. The Far Cry games though bore me in single player.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4611236 - 10/15/22 01:45 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Mr_Blastman Online content
Hotshot
Mr_Blastman  Online Content
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Beat Outer Worlds tonight. Fun but short. Not really an "immersive sim," solutions to problems always devolved to find a terminal and click a magic "solve the problem button." The shooting bits were fun. So was the worldbuilding.

Time to pick what I play next.

Maybe I give RDR 2 a try. Maybe I beat something in my long catalog. Maybe I go back to Elden or give Odyssey another shot. I dunno. Or perhaps I give the 100 gig Fallout 4 enhanced edition mod compilation a shot. Over 200 mods. Then there's the absolutely free Stalker Anomaly mod compilation, unifying all three games into one giant world...

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 10/15/22 01:48 AM.
#4611249 - 10/15/22 01:54 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Maybe I go back to Elden

Did you defeat all of the bosses or only the required ones to advance the story?

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#4611253 - 10/15/22 02:17 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
I defeated two or three of the elden lords and made it to the capital before I went out to Arizona for the summer, which is when I took a break from the game. I complete any mini dungeon I find as I come across them.

#4611254 - 10/15/22 02:36 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I defeated two or three of the elden lords and made it to the capital before I went out to Arizona for the summer, which is when I took a break from the game. I complete any mini dungeon I find as I come across them.

Ah ok so you still have a lot more of the game to play. I’m level 219 now.

#4611255 - 10/15/22 02:45 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
Originally Posted by NimRud
Playing Bloodborne right now and enjoying it tremendously.

I bought that for my son but he never played it. Some think it's the best Souls game of all.

Beat Outer Worlds tonight.

That's cool. I bought it and played a few hours but it just didn't click. I keep thinking of giving it another go. I like Obsidian's games usually. I wish there were more threads around here with long game play posts so I could get a feel for why I might like this one or that one. It's interesting to read about those experiences and the thinking behind decisions and paths taken. And helps me to form a proper impression. Videos posted have replaced these sorts of things, and I haven't moved with the times.

Maybe I give RDR 2 a try.

Absolutely.

Another (nearly) month has passed and this is what I've been playing. For the two months before it was RDR and F1 22 exclusively, but October has spread out a bit

F1 22 -- Great racing sim, especially for Formula 1 nuts like me. Some say it's simcade as far as physics go and I won't argue. But it has the best career modes in racing sims and that's more than good enough for me.

RDR 2 -- Best game eva. I'm still in a single run that has gone for 360 hours and counting. No game has ever given me so much of a good time after it's already over I don't think. But I cannot find a panther.

FIFA 22 -- My son and I have been battling for bragging rights, but he says his shoot button doesn't work right. That must be it haha.

GTA 5 -- Spent a few hours in Online with last week's events appealing. I play this one less and less. Need GTA 6.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey -- I've put some serious time in to this one over the past few weeks. Surprisingly good. So much so I bought Origins before the sale ended.

Total War Three Kingdoms -- Also on sale, bought the Emperor edition. Initial impression was not great, but it's growing on me as I learn it. Read more in the Strategy subforum.

That's a good rotation smile

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4611677 - 10/21/22 10:46 AM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I'm currently playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands with a friend in cooperative mode which is tons of fun. This is almost like a parody version of Elden Ring. biggrin

#4611697 - 10/21/22 04:13 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
DBond Offline
Strategerizer
DBond  Offline
Strategerizer
Veteran

NooJoyzee
I had a lot of fun with that one, but I'm a sucker for Borderlands.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
#4611698 - 10/21/22 04:15 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA
Doom Eternal finally started clicking for me on Ultra Violence. My FPS skills were sadly neglected but now they're back, baby. I think a month of Outer Worlds helped revive them.

Prodeus is another shooter friends recommended and I can say after three levels on hard difficulty the game rocks. Fantastic, gory fun. They nail the movement and you can dance around enemies wielding your boomstick of fire, showing them who is boss. There's also online pvp and co-op play which I can't wait to give a shot...

I started messing around with Vampyr, a game I got through Humble Monthly a year or two ago, and so far seems to be an intriguing horror mystery game.

#4611702 - 10/21/22 04:29 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Mr_Blastman]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Doom Eternal finally started clicking for me on Ultra Violence. My FPS skills were sadly neglected but now they're back, baby. I think a month of Outer Worlds helped revive them.

It must be my advanced age or my patience wearing thin but I struggled to get through Doom Eternal on normal difficulty once I got to the later levels. I did at least finish the game but I really have no interest in replaying it.

#4611704 - 10/21/22 04:36 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Azshal Online sleepy
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Online Sleepy
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
I am currently playing through The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I beat it a year or two ago, but now I am playing it on Master Mode. Very difficult. About 40 hours into it and have barely progressed the main story. Just doing side quests and shrines.

#4611705 - 10/21/22 04:40 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Azshal Online sleepy
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Online Sleepy
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I never played any of the Uncharted games but I have heard that Jedi: Fallen Order's gameplay was structured in very much the same way as the Uncharted games.

I don't know where you heard that. Fallen Order is more like Dark Souls with deliberate combat. It is a good game, got the platinum trophy for PS4. Will probably replay it on PS5 to get the platinum there too when I get a PS5.

#4611707 - 10/21/22 05:12 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
saghen Offline
saghen  Offline

USA
I played the Call of Duty MW2 (2022) campaign yesterday. Took the day off work and finished it. It was a great single player campaign. There were a few tedious moments, but overall it was great. Can't wait until multiplayer goes live next Friday.

#4611708 - 10/21/22 05:15 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Hotshot
Hotshot

Atlanta, GA

It must be my advanced age or my patience wearing thin but I struggled to get through Doom Eternal on normal difficulty once I got to the later levels. I did at least finish the game but I really have no interest in replaying it.

I have more time in Doom and Doom equivalents over the decades than I can count. Always Ultraviolence, too. It's the gold standard.

I'm finding the opposite that you have in Eternal--it was the first third of the game that was annoying because the Doomslayer had insufficient weapons and armor cap. Once I snatched the super shotty from the clutches of the demon hordes the tides began to change. All hail the twin torched boomstick!

#4611709 - 10/21/22 05:51 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: Azshal]  
Azshal Online sleepy
"Call me Az"
Azshal  Online Sleepy
"Call me Az"

Near VSFB, California
I never played any of the Uncharted games but I have heard that Jedi: Fallen Order's gameplay was structured in very much the same way as the Uncharted games.

Having thought about it, I guess you could consider Fallen Order's environment traversal similar to Uncharted, but because Uncharted's is very similar to Tomb Raider, I would just go back to that TR for the comparison.

Whereas Uncharted was a linear experience, FO gives a choice of planets to go to, so you can go in any order you want although certain places are blocked by powerups.

Granted that is only the first Uncharted. I haven't played 2-4 yet, although they are sitting on my shelf of shame.

#4611710 - 10/21/22 05:53 PM Re: What are you currently playing these days? [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Pro-Consul of Florida
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Thanks for that info Azshal. Fallen Order is indeed a great game and I can't wait for the sequel to come out. I believe it will be out next year.

Page 33 of 64 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 63 64

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.