No "Expert" but it seems "new" games always require higher-level Graphics cards for "Best Appearence"..

Even "older" games benefit from a "better" graphics card. BTDT.

Unfortunately, all these "improvements" require more electrical power than OEM wimpy Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplies, and perhaps more room for both the PSU and the modern Graphics card.

Some of us have elderly computers which will not physically accept more modern Graphics cards.

Some of us have elderly computers which will not accept a "bigger" Power Supply Units that will allow modern, high-draw Graphics cards to operate--let alone updated main computer chips. Your computer only "Draws" power from your PSU, so likely no issues from installing a higher-rated PSU. This gets into "sketchy territory for some "elderly" computers.

At some point, it is admitted that elderly computers are best retired, but that point varies. I have a Win 10 computer with Nvidia 1650 Gfx card that works well with wimpy OEM 42 W PSU.

I also have a more "Modern" computer with (currently) 600 W Seasonics PSU, and 3060 TI Gfx card.

I'm moving on, and upgrading, YMMV.

Suggest that there are remote Power Supply Unit "platforms" which will allow an Upgraded External Power Supply Unit (PSU) to power one's computer--within reasonable limits.

Suggest that there are Remote Graphics Card "platforms" that will allow physically large and modern Gfx cards to be externally mounted, and wire-connected to one's computer, using existing Mobo connections.

I completely understand that my suggestions are not applicable to some users.

Some folks are likely to go what has worked for them in the past and be unwilling to risk what they have for a "Possible" improvement.

I get that.

OTOH, Users can always "save" what they have, and not risk losing anything. I have Win 7 SSDs on my Win 10 computer that play perfectly, even told that such was not possible.

I'm no great "Fighting Ace" when playing flight sim computer games, but I #%&*$# well have looked into upgrading my computer for playing all games at best appearance.

Just a "suggestion" and all best wishes.

Last edited by RIBob; 09/18/22 10:43 PM.